It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Harbinger of Doom this way Comes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: kloejen

Its orbit has nothing to do with it , Comets have for Centuries been seen as bad omens , Harbingers of doom.

There was NO great comet sighting with the 1918 Spanish Flu, nor the 1970 Bhola cyclone in Bangladesh or the 1881 Haiphong typhoon. There was no comet associated with the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami or the 2011 Japanese tsunami.

Nothing huge happened in 1835, 1910, or 1986 when Halley's comet made passes. Nothing huge happened in 1995 with the appearance of Hale-Bopp.

So, it seems there are often huge events that occur without a comet, and impressive comet displays that occur without huge events. Every so often a huge event might randomly coincide with an impressive comet sighting.

Let's see if this Comet Y4 ATLAS becomes impressive enough. or it's just another one of the dozens of telescope-visible comets that pass by every year without most people ever taking note.

edit on 3/24/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Comets are more precisely connected to the overthrow of governments. plagues are often a side-show.

the Bayeux tapestry shows a comet before the 1066 invasion of England.

A comet was seen after the assassination of Julius Caesar; the romans minted a coin showing the comet. The comet only appeared AFTER Caesar was ventilated. It was in July, when the civil war was beginning. wikipedia article Caesar's comet/coin

Codex Duran shows the Aztec emperor Montezuma observing a comet from the roof of his palace as a prelude to the Spanish conquest of Mexico.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
What about comet Holmes 2007, Mcnaught 2007-8.Elenin 2010-11, Ison 2013...just to name a few...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Nothing huge happened in 1995 with the appearance of Hale-Bopp.

In 1997 the Heavens Gate UFO cult took appearance of Hale-Bopp as omen

Whacked themselves in order to hitch ride on it ………..

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

actually the males castrated themselves because sexy is so earth-bound.

Interestingly didn't to hysterectomies on the females or anything. Smooth is spiritual?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Sooo... your own personal Little Shop of Horrors, eh?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I had replied in more detail but this crappy iPad backed up the page and I lost it. So, here’s the headlines...

On another thread someone (ex CIA, so they say!?!) said an extinction event astound is coming and this pandemic is a cover story to give people time with the family.

The OP, with only a few replies, was shot down with what seemed dubious logic. A long time ATSer suggesting it’s dumb to replace one panic with another.

But that’s a suspiciously simplistic argument for an ATS veteran. This pandemic would be a damn clever strategy to get everyone at home with their families in the most peaceful way possible without causing civil unrest. An extinction asteroid/comet would surely cause the violent among us to act out their fantasies with little to lose.

Would the tptb care enough about us to want us to have family time before the end? Perhaps it’s that they want it, but if they all do that at the same time questions will be asked. This is the perfect cover.

Then the thread’s closed for being in wrong forum and the OP told they didn’t have enough posts to make a thread!

...Alarm bells ring for me - felt like the info was closed down.

One reply had linked to this thread, asking if it could be the same asteroid. So here I am!

I’m not saying I believe this story, but rationale is plausible, so it justifies some better thought out reasoning from the astute folk of ATS, other than ‘that’s dumb’.

I’ll give that a go:

If such an object were incoming, surely there’d be much activity at space agencies around the globe, particularly Italy (if as the original OP said, the Vatican spotted it), including NASA and maybe the private space projects of Tesla etc.

If the Earths to be decimated, then I’d be getting as much as possible off planet, into orbit/onto the Moon in the hope that when the dust settles they could return and rebuild. I imagine there’d be an ice age of sorts, but if we can survive in space, then we can survive an ice age.

Also underground cities will being readied. Bill Gates will be overseeing lockdown of his Seed Bank - the one we know of in Norway and no doubt ones we don’t know of. And wait a second, Gates just stepped down from Microsoft to focus on other things...

It’s likely an ATS trolling BS OP by a kid in his bedroom with too much time on their hands in the lockdown. But perhaps it’s worth discussion.

Imo, watching space agencies for a spate of unspecified payloads going into orbit would be the place to start.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Nothing huge happened in 1995 with the appearance of Hale-Bopp.

In 1997 the Heavens Gate UFO cult took appearance of Hale-Bopp as omen

Whacked themselves in order to hitch ride on it ………..

Self-fulfillment doesn't count.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Maybe its a coverup to gather millions of DNA samples ?

Here is how home testing would work.

It starts with a telemedicine call with a clinician to determine whether testing is needed. A test kit would then be mailed to your home, where you would perform the test and then send your sample to a laboratory for analysis. While awaiting the results, you would remain self-quarantined. The entire diagnostic process is done virtually, and for the vast majority of people who are low-risk and can be safely cared for at home, the entire diagnosis, treatment, and recovery process can be done at home.

How to Make At-Home Coronavirus Testing Work

Or tptb can "corona" a lot of their enemies, no need for "suicided" coverups.
edit on 25/3/2020 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Only for superstitious people with little or no actual real-world knowledge or education.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
does anybody know ?
the exact location and date when Comet Atlas became bright and caught everybody's attention ?
please and thank you .

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: gortex

Harbinger of doom!

I like to say that

Harbinger of doooom!

lol

Just say it correctly that's all I care about. Got expelled from my first or second high school when we were repeating our vocab words in English class and I stopped the teacher when he got to, "HAIR-beenger." "Haha it's HAR-bin-jur!" "What's that? Oh ok, well sure I guess that could be a secondary pronunci..." "No, it is the ONLY pronunciation and as a teacher I would hope you'd be willing to TEACH us it's ok not to know something, and use that opportunity to look something up. That's a great lesson. But you instead choose to just double down and LIE about if you REALLLLLLLY know the term or not? That's not happening!" This was after he'd been making up quite a lot as we went along and id had it at that point and that exchange there was what got me expelled. And decades later, I feel just as I did that day and all the others and am glad I got expelled for such a noble, albeit pointless, reason. Who cares? Nobody. But it just reminded me of that day.

On topic: I think that comets are neat! (Now you can't delete me mods!)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think a lot of people are feeling like something's changing, or something big is about to go down, its understandable with everything that's happened and how quickly actions have been seemingly sprung into place.

I've followed the Q thread from day one, I'm not necessarily a devout believer in the decodes and what some people are assuming is going on...... but I find it interesting all the same.

Theres a lot of phrases in the decodes which people are associating with trump et al, clearing the world of corruptables in power and other events.

Unfortunately I'm one of those who's thinking theres something more to what people are deciphering. I'm sure those who visit or frequent those threads will know what I mean.

Sky event, april showers, dark to light, at war with an unseen enemy in the shadows, the truth will kill/hospitalize 99% of all Americans, the world......... etc etc. Are just some quotes that come to mind.

All the world leaders, if you take stock, are looking so tired/worn out, even worried. Weve had a massive push from the US and UK for a space force (how does that come about when there isn't even a way to get any type of force up there). Why would we need a space force?.

Theres been a lot of people experiencing internet flickering or outing, like someone's playing with a switch, that's just here at ATS but I'm sure other users elsewhere are experiencing issues.

I think it's time for all the great minds at ATS to collectively start looking in every corner of the internet to scrape together some idea of what were being prepared for..... mistakes will have been made in hiding something, whatever it may be.

I'm far from a doom n gloomer but this last 6 month have had my head flying in all directions and I know more here are feeling the same.

I'll probably get flamed but curiosity and a questioning mind is why were here... isn't it?

edit on 25/3/2020 by Catch_a_Fire because: added more

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Fun fact:

In Greek mythology, Atlas was the son of "Asia"

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vetfather
does anybody know ?
the exact location and date when Comet Atlas became bright and caught everybody's attention ?
please and thank you .

It's not (yet) that remarkable of a comet, as far as we know. The only reason why lay people are talking about it is because of the pandemic. If there were no pandemic, this C/2029 Y4 ATLAS would get little more attention than most comets.

While it's true that Y4 ATLAS is a more interesting than other comets because it is brightening very fast, and might become visible to the naked eye (although there is no definite indication it will become exceptionally bright), the fact is that naked eye comets are not that rare. We've had several in the past few years that most people didn't even know about. There were three comets last year at least as bright as ATLAS is now. and 3 or 4 over the past 3 years that were naked-eye comets.

Nobody took note of those comets as "harbingers" because there was nothing for them to be harbingers of.

Sure, you could probably look at ANY world events over the past several years and argue that the comets from those years could have been harbingers of those events, but the point is this: World events happen, and so do comets.

That just means both of things happen, not that there is a correlation between them.

edit on 3/26/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
space-doom makes a welcome change right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Wasn't there a lot of meteorites that hit in China before the pandemic. I remember seeing videos of people collecting all of these meteorites. I believe nytiimes had article on it and space viruses and bacteria survive the entry through the atmosphere.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join