It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Crisis May Be Imminent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm guessing you meant Dairy? I'm in that industry as well. Sort of. One of the "essentials" that have to keep working. Job security anyway!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I live about a half a mile away from a Wal-Mart distribution center...
The only issue I have with trucks is the drivers only going 30mph back to the highway.

I can forgive from the highway to the warehouse thinking they don't know where they are going but heading back to the highway is bull.

Anyway.. My friend and his wife are owner operators and they are staying busy.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Trueman

I'm guessing you meant Dairy? I'm in that industry as well. Sort of. One of the "essentials" that have to keep working. Job security anyway!

Yes. I also got a letter from my job in case cops stop me during curfew hours.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What people should look into is there a lot of freezers being sold to store all this stuff. No food shortage just too many idiots.

The wifes store is busy and they have asked some people not to come back because they buy all of the TP or sanitizes and they limit sales to 2 of each now. Some people are freaking out that they limit because there is a SHORTAGE!! No shortage just too many idiots.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Another thing hit the store and get your summer garden seeds they are going fast already.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
People are being stupid with food

Dry goods will run low we dont have a high demand for it so it will take longer to replenish

But perishable foods will come back as soon as people stop buying them and use what they have

It's all going to rot people are buying carts full of goods with a 2 week shelf life I seriously doubt any of them have a vacuum sealer gallons of vinegar lbs of salt and sodium nitrate without that fresh food is compost in 2 weeks

I hope for the idiots sake they never have to cook there rice and beans that's a hard dish to get down without salt and oil

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Finland is 80% self sufficient of food, so most likely what will be hard to get some point is rice, coffee and cocoa, also fruits from southern Europe.
So gladly we have a lot food production here, Sweden is only 50% self sufficient and has already asked our help cos they are running out of food... we are living sad times :/

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What a great time for Trump to start selling steaks again.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I used to hate meat loads from the plants. You could end up sitting there for hours, and no matter what you did, that smell permeated your truck. It usually took hours to get it out. And despite multiple messages to all the drivers about reefer fuel levels, you always got at least one trailer at a quarter tank, and the nearest place for fuel was 40-50 miles away. A quarter tank is plenty to go that far, but it didn't stop you from sweating and keeping one eye glued to the reefer light on the front of the trailer.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So plenty of food and delivery systems

RELAX Everyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
A large part of the problem is a shortage of drivers.

I work in logistics and a lot of drivers want to stay home now.

I hope we can solve that problem. I mean, in my business drivers never touch the loads. They just sit and wait. So there's not much risk except for the fact that, also, a lot of the rest stops are being closed. Ridiculous.

They can't work if they can't sleep/eat.

a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's why since we move furnishing, fixtures and electronics we always have a little thing on our BOL saying 'no reefers to be used at any stage of transit'

Honey why does this sofa smell like fish?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It's not so bad in the trailer, but I don't blame you. We've had some interesting loads in our trailers.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That's not what I am seeing

Maybe I am reading this wrong.

List by Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries

Graph of food self-sufficiency rates
This is a list of major countries by food self-sufficiency rates on a calorie supply basis.[2]

Ranking Country Rate (%) Year
1 Australia 173 2007
2 United States 124 2007
3 France 111 2007
4 Germany 80 2007
5 Italy 63 2007
6 Switzerland 54 2007
7 South Korea 44 2007
8 Japan 40 2009

a reply to: dollukka

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Rotten I am sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

No, not rotten, just weird. Things like 2,000 lb bags of clay, bulk carrots (which I still thank God I didn't have to clean), aircraft oxygen bottles....

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

without context - 30 000 pigs // day is utterly meaningless

what distribution area are these " 3 plants " shipping too - and whats the population ?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Carrots? Carrots?

Which way did you turn at Albuquerque?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>