It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes COVID-19 worse than Seasona Influenza in one pic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So again, we still can't get accurate data about death rates for the flu. So any time you see the media comparing the worldwide death rate for this virus to the 0.1% death rate for flu in the US they are either being dangerously ignorant or willfully misleading.

Yup, if we cannot have faith in flu statistics that have been available for years how can we be sure of something so relatively new.

Personally, I read between the lines, check over my shoulder and try not to miss what will sneak in the back doors.

ATS did that to me many years ago and I am grateful for leaving the flock of sheeple.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So again, we still can't get accurate data about death rates for the flu. So any time you see the media comparing the worldwide death rate for this virus to the 0.1% death rate for flu in the US they are either being dangerously ignorant or willfully misleading.

The actual death rate from the new Corona is likely less than .5% and I'd even wager it's below .1%.

We tanked the economy and there will be more death from chaos, crime, and govt oppression than the virus itself caused.

It's dumb.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That long line of bodies heading to the crematorium in Italy says otherwise..
Seasonal influenza has NEVER done that..

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The actual death rate from the new Corona is likely less than .5% and I'd even wager it's below .1%.

We tanked the economy and there will be more death from chaos, crime, and govt oppression than the virus itself caused.

It's dumb.

Yep, couldnt have said it better

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I still can't find a good way to estimate the actual deaths from this, but it's gotta be much higher than the flu.

A friend of mine had type 2 diabetes and died after complications from pneumonia.

Did he die from Diabetes or Pneumonia?

If I caught this current virus tommorrow but was run over the day after, would I be classified as dying from the virus because I had it and being run over wouldn't add to a needed statistic?

Many of the deaths in Italy were people who were already sick from something else apparently.

The statistics and who controls them will choose.

See my point?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

As of 3 min ago, Italy's death toll attributed to this is officially 3,405.

Italy's population is over 60 million.

Stop freaking out plz.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

according to what numbers?

according to offical numbers, as of today, after three months or so of corona, roughly 3400 italians have died of it.

Now lets look at the flu

According to the study, 68 000 deaths were attributable to flu epidemics in the winter months between 2013 and 2014, and 2016 and 2017 respectively.

www.2oceansvibe.com...

Thats two years (or maybe 4, i cant figure out how they calculated.

So lets do the best case scenario and say over 4 years in italy, there were 68000 deaths in the winter months.

lets say there are 4 winter months. 4 years, looking at four months each year, means we are looking at 16 months

These means on average, that 4250 dead of the flu per month in italy.

so the claim italy has never seen anything like this is wrong

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Seasonal influenza didn't have the same panic and fear involved with the talk of a Pandemic.

Remove personal family visits, add confusion, ignorance and distraction by healthworkers, add all sorts of other factors and it makes a HUGE difference to personal wellbeing.

The mind looks after the body incredibly well given the chance. Sure, we cannot cure ourselves of nasties but we CAN protect ourselves naturally given the chance so we have strong immune systems and a positive mental attitude by remaining in control.

The confusion and insecurity we are going through will lead to many suffering needlessly.

The spin offs from this are what will be the greatest casualty.

Less freedom, more oppression, more poverty, more police, more army, more sheep.

Only one thing left to do....EAT THE RICH.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Please just go walk through any ICU’s right now. Please. And I challenge you to do it without any Ppe. Look at the patients on the beds. Look at the multiple tubes going down their throats. Any other hospital workers on here? Please chip in. We are IN THE HOSPITALS and can tell you that last flu or cold season didn’t look like this. Think we’re intubating these patients as a hoax? Think they’re kindly suffering acute pulmonary edema to influence the election? I get it now. I now get why you are all in denial about climate change, and think trump is a great president. It all makes perfect sense now.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

I work in home health care, not one case of cornona saw by me.

I have several friedns that work in my local hopsital; not one case of corona seen by them.

I guess that measn there is no corona virus!!!!

Or maybe sometimes anecdoatl evdience of what you see isnt indictive of the situation at large.

I am using numbers from organizations like the WHO organization that thw admin is relying on to make their policies.

If you believe the who numbers are a lie, show some proof of it

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here is a basic wiki listing all sorts of common ways ppl misuse and abuse "statistics" :

Misuse of statistics

The MSM commonly is guilty of almost all these fallacies and use it to control people's beliefs and thus their actions/habits.

It's nearly impossible to not trip into one of these many pitfalls unless you get educated and start questioning everything including your own dearly held beliefs.

There are so many problems to deal with in this pattern of thinking.

By the way, the word statistic comes from "State", our word for government. The word in Latin "Status" actually meant public order, establishment, governance, community organization etc.

The way we use it now means government data science, but the way it's being used via the MSM is called mind control or brainwashing techniques.
edit on 3/19/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Seasonal influenza didn't have the same panic and fear involved with the talk of a Pandemic.

Remove personal family visits, add confusion, ignorance and distraction by healthworkers, add all sorts of other factors and it makes a HUGE difference to personal wellbeing.

The mind looks after the body incredibly well given the chance. Sure, we cannot cure ourselves of nasties but we CAN protect ourselves naturally given the chance so we have strong immune systems and a positive mental attitude by remaining in control.

The confusion and insecurity we are going through will lead to many suffering needlessly.

The spin offs from this are what will be the greatest casualty.

Less freedom, more oppression, more poverty, more police, more army, more sheep.

Only one thing left to do....EAT THE RICH.

Rock on, good post.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, I’m in a town of 60k people, so not large. And I can assure you that we have multiple positive patients here, and far more with tests still pending. And it’s all been within the last 7 days. And those are just the tested. I expect most of the staff have been exposed, as within one day of our first patient we ran out of masks and face shields, and didn’t already have strict guidelines in place.
edit on 19-3-2020 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Please just go walk through any ICU’s right now. Please. And I challenge you to do it without any Ppe. Look at the patients on the beds. Look at the multiple tubes going down their throats. Any other hospital workers on here? Please chip in. We are IN THE HOSPITALS and can tell you that last flu or cold season didn’t look like this. Think we’re intubating these patients as a hoax? Think they’re kindly suffering acute pulmonary edema to influence the election? I get it now. I now get why you are all in denial about climate change, and think trump is a great president. It all makes perfect sense now.

You're using a guilt trip tactic to win a debate you honestly have zero evidence to prove anything for.

It's pathetic.

Disagreeing with you means I'm heartless and uncaring. Awwwh

Seriously get a grip. At least with climate change we have 100+ yrs of records and some core samples to examine. With what you're saying I need to just have Faith in blind Fear or else face social ostracism because I'm immoral to disagree with an opinion which lacks any shred of evidence at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I still can't find a good way to estimate the actual deaths from this, but it's gotta be much higher than the flu.

A friend of mine had type 2 diabetes and died after complications from pneumonia.

Did he die from Diabetes or Pneumonia?

If I caught this current virus tommorrow but was run over the day after, would I be classified as dying from the virus because I had it and being run over wouldn't add to a needed statistic?

Many of the deaths in Italy were people who were already sick from something else apparently.

The statistics and who controls them will choose.

See my point?

I just saw a graphic from Bloomberg News that 99% of the people who have died from it in Italy had at least 1 other underlying illness. Almost 50% of them had 3 or more underlying illnesses.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
People can down play it or whatever, but I'm not an infectious disease expert and I'm not a doctor and unless this whole thing is a conspiracy that includes all the doctors in Europe and in America then I'm going to listen to the doctors over anyone else.

And you're not going to convince me that it's just the "flu", because the flu isn't contagious until you are showing symptoms. COVID-19 is contagious before you are showing symptoms.

Anyway, for all of you that think it's no big deal There's a lab in the UK paying folks up to 4500 bucks to be infected with it so they can develop a vaccine.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

As of 3 min ago, Italy's death toll attributed to this is officially 3,405.

Italy's population is over 60 million.

Stop freaking out plz.

Again I ask, have you ever seen a long line of trucks carrying bodies from the hospitals to crematoriums for the regular flu?
There are videos of this happening.

Show me yours for the seasonal flu..

Didn't think so.
edit on 3/19/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yup, if we cannot have faith in flu statistics that have been available for years how can we be sure of something so relatively new.

Personally, I read between the lines, check over my shoulder and try not to miss what will sneak in the back doors.

ATS did that to me many years ago and I am grateful for leaving the flock of sheeple.

My point wasn't so much you can't have faith in the flu statistics as much as there are no statistics for worldwide death rate from flu. I've yet to see anyone cite an actual number with a reliable source or even an estimate. So any comparison of Covid19 to flu is simply not possible. Any talk of "it's X many times deadlier" is baseless.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
People can down play it or whatever, but I'm not an infectious disease expert and I'm not a doctor and unless this whole thing is a conspiracy that includes all the doctors in Europe and in America then I'm going to listen to the doctors over anyone else.
[/url]

It actually doesn't have to be a giant conspiracy. Once enough people with the right credentials insist on one thing, everyone else falls into line because questioning it is going against the group. It's a psychological thing. Look at climate change.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Well, I’m in a town of 60k people, so not large. And I can assure you that we have multiple positive patients here, and far more with tests still pending. And it’s all been within the last 7 days. And those are just the tested. I expect most of the staff have been exposed, as within one day of our first patient we ran out of masks and face shields, and didn’t already have strict guidelines in place.

Yeah it's estimated we have over 20 billion cases of various Cold viruses a year. When one starts going around it gets a lot of us.

Happens all the time.

The hospitals may seem busy but that's because the MSM fear machine has everyone and anyone with a sneeze or cough coming in to get tested for no rational reasons.

Since all you "nurses and doctors" seem so frightened by your impending deaths from catching a cold - I diagnose you as suffering from hysteria and prescribe a day off of work to chill out.

It's reckless and negligent for any of you to be playing into obvious BS. It's a cold virus. Drink fluids, rest a lot, eat well and take a spoon of honey.

You "professionals" really need to stop ringing the alarm because no one will ever trust the system again after the dust settles.

This one went wayyy too far and all of free society is at stake over a COLD!?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join