It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes COVID-19 worse than Seasona Influenza in one pic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wardaddy454

and elected officials who are clearly overreacting to what is reality.

Do you think elected officials are overreacting? They are following the Administration's guidelines and recommendations. Is the Administration overreacting?

Why are you putting something in quotes that I did not say, Phage?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Because I was restating what Carewemust said, for clarity in understanding your defense of him.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Because I was restating what Carewemust said, for clarity in understanding your defense of him.

So like, moving the goal posts to address my comment?

Because I was addressing your question of it being a hoax or not. I was not defending Carewemust.
edit on 18-3-2020 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So like, moving the goal posts to address my comment?

Your comment was about what Carewemust said. I asked you for clarification. I did not move anything.

Here is what you said:

He was referring to the media hysteria.

Here is what he said

Keep putting out the below statistics far and wide until Americans start to wake up rebel against the mainstream media and elected officials who are clearly overreacting to what is reality.

I asked if you also think the Administration is overreacting?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You misunderstand. He, as in Trump. You were referencing Trump using the word hoax, yes?

edit on 18-3-2020 by Wardaddy454 because: curse you ats edit system.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And actually by only looking at concluded cases world wide, 9.5% of those ended up dead.
So Id say its pretty much worse than the regular flu....

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
And actually by only looking at concluded cases world wide, 9.5% of those ended up dead.
So Id say its pretty much worse than the regular flu....

Except that no one has been able to cite what the worldwide death rate is for flu. People keep saying it's 0.1%, but that's the death rate for flu in the U.S. And that also includes estimates of the number of people infected with flu, it's not only looking at concluded cases of flu.

So in two or three different ways, it's not an apples to apples comparison.

This is an inherent problem in statistics. They can very easily be misapplied and misrepresentative if you're not careful.
edit on 18 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No. Sorry for the confusion.

Now, back to my question.
Do you think the Administration is overreacting?
edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

The death rate of SARS-CoV-2(COVID-19) is higher than 3.4%. The elderly, people with diabetes, respiratory illnesses like asthma, heart conditions, lung disease, or a lowered immune system due to any other health problems or from chronic conditions increases the death rate to 15%, if not more. Remember the hospice in Seattle Washington had a 25% death rate.

Italy is not a third world country yet the death rate now is 7.7% of those infected. However, according to this site there are 31,506 infected and 2506 dead, which would put the death rate at 7.94%

In Spain the figures so far are 11,309 cases and 509 deaths, which puts the death rate so far in Spain at 4.5%

Italy 27,930 known infected and 2,158 Dead. A 7.7% Death rate.

Luckily some countries have a lower death rate, but as the virus spreads more the numbers will change.

The numbers in the U.S. might seem low but it is only going to get worse and worse before it gets better.

There is also a chance the virus will reoccur at least one more year, if not longer. People that already had the virus the first time will have a lower immune system and the second time around, if they get infected again, they might get worse.

edit on 18-3-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

How many idiots have a cough and flood the ER crying they have the flu? How many are currently doing that? I'd like to know, of those who come into the hospital, what percentage actually test positivd.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

I hear you and the reality is we don't know because we cannot test them or get results back fast enough to make much of a difference.

Yes, the general panic will have everybody questioning symptoms and to most lay people there is ZERO differentiation between say a normal cold and the COVID-19.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

It doesn't but I cannot report nor can the CDC report on stats they don't have. Had we ramped up testing early we would have a better idea. Until now we can only use the data we are provided

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure the OP figures are correct. nineteen percent of the worst people are hospitalized? Not nineteen percent of all cases. They don't know this disease well so are putting lots more in the hospital to watch them, they know the flu and just send them home unless they are really bad. They will have a better prospective on this after more people are tested, right now they are only testing the worst cases, cases that would wind up in the hospital anyway. Many sick people are being turned away because they don't have enough tests. This is what the older woman on the Trump TV response force special said this morning or last night, the figures will look way more practical after a couple of weeks. The younger women is always on the left, the older woman is always on the right, and the younger black guy seems to stay behind the podium, sometimes pence is next to the black guy behind Trump.

Damn photographic memory, I could probably even tell you what these people were wearing. They all had clothes on.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Yes, the general panic will have everybody questioning symptoms and to most lay people there is ZERO differentiation between say a normal cold and the COVID-19.

I don't understand why they aren't setting up 'screening' tents outside of hospitals, so they can determine which people are true 'emergencies' and which ones need to be sent home to self isolate until a Covid-19 test is truly necessary (and available)...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Most Emergency room I visited over the weekend to pickup rule out COVID pediatric patients had that set up to check not only walk in but to screen ambulance crews that were bringing in patients

Below is one Nor Cal ER we transported from

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

SO I will tell you I'm dealing with pediatrics on my transports as i am based out a Children's hospital. All of the people we moved would have been admitted under normal circumstances in our pre COVID-19 world but the inability to rule out COVID forces us to treat everybody as COVID till proven otherwise

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

I don't understand why they aren't setting up 'screening' tents outside of hospitals, so they can determine which people are true 'emergencies' and which ones need to be sent home to self isolate until a Covid-19 test is truly necessary (and available)...

Lack of resources, to start.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

From March 12, Honolulu. Queen's Hospital (where I was born as well as treated for cancer) is using emergency tents.

“These are the walking well people to be evaluated rapidly, screened, potentially tested and then sent home for home isolation pending results of the test,” Cheng said. “This actually might be the main triage site for patients that are low acuity. So, they’re looking fine but they’re coming in saying, ‘Hey I might have been exposed. I’m young and healthy. But I have a little runny nose. I want to get evaluated.’ They’ll still be seen by the same physician, they’ll still seen by the same nurse, but they’re evaluated in a well-ventilated area.”

www.staradvertiser.com...
edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

SO I will tell you I'm dealing with pediatrics on my transports as i am based out a Children's hospital. All of the people we moved would have been admitted under normal circumstances in our pre COVID-19 world but the inability to rule out COVID forces us to treat everybody as COVID till proven otherwise

So, do you have to kind of suit up in infectious protective attire until it is determined it is not COVID?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Too many people are using estimates for the flu and comparing them to actual recorded figures for this covid pandemic. How is that fair? The CDC doesn't even report confirmed flu deaths anymore, you have to go through each state's independent data to find the numbers. Washington for example reported 296 flu deaths in 2017-18 which is their highest in recent years. For comparison just 80 deaths have been reported so far this season. California normally (always?) records the most deaths in the US. So far this season the number is 516. 2017-18 was also their worst with 1,665 deaths. When Covid gets bad in the states and it will we can compare it to those figures.

www.doh.wa.gov...
www.cdph.ca.gov...

Also, the number of actual positive influenza cases so far this season is 222,552 which is a far cry from the estimated 36 million plus cases.
www.cdc.gov...
edit on 18-3-2020 by Aptom90 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2020 by Aptom90 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join