It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes COVID-19 worse than Seasona Influenza in one pic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
While at this point the total numbers make seasonal influenza more deadly that's not bearing per infection. This chart by the CDC and WHO really sums things up. The incubation period, the spread and need to hospitalize are simply way way greater and at some point the number of case will jump as we start ramping up testing. This is why we need to flatten the curve to allow the healthcare system to deal with it.

www.vox.com...
edit on 3/18/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Counting down to the first fake news post.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

well that’s one pic. I could have made that.

+40 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

But you are not an ATS moderator who is also a healthcare professional!!!

I seriously doubt it's a fake picture!!!

edit on 18-3-2020 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How did they determine the hospitalization rate? Seems they just pulled that number out of their a**.

Like I just posted in another thread. If we calculated the death rate of the flu the same way they calculate the death rate for the coronavirus, the flu would have a mortality rate of 7.7%.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I believe it to be real. It is the data that it is based on I’m not so sure about.

edit on 18-3-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Counting down to the first fake news post.

Take it as you will. The stats however seem consistent with what we are seeing in Italy and elsewhere

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

But you didn't the CDC and WHO did based on what we know. As I said above it jives with what we are seeing to this point

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
How did they determine the hospitalization rate? Seems they just pulled that number out of their a**.

Like I just posted in another thread. If we calculated the death rate of the flu the same way they calculate the death rate for the coronavirus, the flu would have a mortality rate of 7.7%.

The other question is if the RO number is so much higher, wouldn't we be seeing far more cases than we have already? You'd expect to see hospitals being over run particularly if the hospitalization rate is that high...

we know for fact that this virus just didn't get here last week... so even if you factor in the incubation period, where is the tsunami of dying victims at hospitals?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

How did they determine the hospitalization rate? Seems they just pulled that number out of their a**..

Nah its not FMA. Hospitals report admission rates to the County who then report up the chain. If you go down to our transfer center they have an idea day to day the free beds of most hospital in the area. Thats in case we get full we know where we can divert patients etc. The counties report to the state and the state reports to Federal Agencies

In our COVID age there is no doubt a special flag that collects that data as well

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I defy you to tell me what the final casualty rate is.
On that Chart

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It looks like the hospitalization rate and percent of fatalities, is comparing the US flu against worldwide covid19.

edit on 3/18/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Get the virus and find out for yourself i guess.

edit on 18-3-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

While I can understand why people are concerned about the fatality rate, it's a mistake to focus only on that.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well then, could you make us a picture of what you believe to be the actual numbers? With actual data if that's not asking to much....
edit on 18-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Agreed, I was just starting to point out that you can’t trust the numbers.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: FredT

How did they determine the hospitalization rate? Seems they just pulled that number out of their a**..

Nah its not FMA. Hospitals report admission rates to the County who then report up the chain. If you go down to our transfer center they have an idea day to day the free beds of most hospital in the area. Thats in case we get full we know where we can divert patients etc. The counties report to the state and the state reports to Federal Agencies

In our COVID age there is no doubt a special flag that collects that data as well

The problem is not everyone goes to the hospital, so the reality is no one knows how many cases or what the actual hospitalization rate is....

Millions could have already had the virus and just slept it off...

link   

I defy you to tell me what the final casualty rate is.
On that Chart

It's not necessary. Even slightly intelligent people can do the math and see that the fatality rate in the United States is very low.

Do the math. www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I could. However it would involve a lot of effort on my part so I wont.

ETA I will however post this,
www.thegatewaypundit.com... n-causing-global-coronavirus-panic/

HELLO WORLD! Before Economy Totally Disintegrates – Will Anyone Else Notice WHO Director Made BASIC MATH ERROR in Causing Global Coronavirus Panic?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here's a great source of actual data, assessment,s and projections based upon the UK models that would also apply to the USA (only delayed by a few weeks).

16-MAR- 2020: Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID19 mortality and healthcare demand

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join