It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Community Support and Mental Wellness Thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

I like you. Keep the faith. It’s all a bit much. But your post made my night. Thank You. I needed this. You arent alone either. I’m so wracked by loneliness and shame for bygones and things I’ve had and lost. It sucks to self-quarantine alone. Keep your kids laughing and smiling. I’ll send you all some good vibes.

And again if anyone wants to vent or talk or whatever, I’m here. Keep trucking ATS. Love to you ALL

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: drussell41

Shazam is the kitten we adopted at a shelter to help socialize DC and teach him claw and tooth control. Shaz-bot is a tabby and white tux. He has the most beautiful liquid honey colored eyes ever.

Do you have a pic, by any chance?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Use to play everything blizzard in my younger days. This decade mostly ESO. AD FTW! A little BLs3. FO series. Witcher 3 a bit. Thanks for askin!

Hope you’re hanging in there. Be well and take care...
Still sending Good Vibes and Metta blessings

Er, what is ESO, AD FTW and BLs3? FO I recognize. LOL!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I like you too fam. You got to keep the faith.

Have a good one. Hold it down.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There has been plenty of fearmongering around. Some of that is based on actual facts, some are based on... something entirely different. I have received help for myself from this thread earlier, now having a little bit easier day. And therefore, i will step into the role of a hopemonger.

There is a tidal wave against me. Against us.
I am only a tiny droplet, fighting against it.
There is a hurricane against me. Against us.
I am only a tiny breeze of spring wind. Fighting against it.
But i am not the only droplet.
And i am not the only breeze of wind.
And neither are you.

Stay strong. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Not any good ones with his eyes yet. I realized the other day the only one of him I have he's looking off to the side. He had gotten down into kiddo's martial arts bag and was sleeping curled up inside the sparring helmet.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

You are awesome. Never lose that power or that vision.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
About a decade ago, give or take a couple of years, at a point in my life where I still enjoyed the typical ritual of curling up on the couch with family and watching whatever was on TV for a few hours - one of the shows I enjoyed was Big Brother.

Pretty interesting idea for a show. Sequester a group of adults into a house and then document them as a few instantly go into predatory / manipulation mode, devour and destroy the less vicious among them and, ultimately, as the strong turn on one another.

Now that I'm effectively living that show, in this house with 7 others... I've come to the conclusion that whoever created the concept for that show was likely a sadistic monster who probably should have been stopped.

edit on 4/4/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just thought I would post a pic of my guitar design, in case anyone was curious. Or.. wanted to steal it

I could go into the specs of the guitar itself, but dont think many would be interested in that.

This is the 2nd phase of prototyping, so certainly not "done." Its just using poly foam to slowly work out the angles (its trickier than one might think..)

The idea is to play it reclined. For someone like me, that means I can actually play relatively comfortably. But, I have to imagine that there is appeal for general players too.

Might be fun for someone

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Its just using poly foam

I'm so glad you said that.

I thought it was cheddar.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nah, that was the phase 1 proto.

While delicious, it had serious downsides as a building material.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Control the munchies!

At least we'll all be in the same boat ... or not, it might capzise.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have spent the day organizing my desk space ...

I have discovered that I have more .5mm mechanical pencil lead than any sane person should be allowed to have. If the apocalypse occurred tomorrow, I would never, ever run out ... ever.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ugh, sad times for my YouTube channels:

AntsCanada had to release a good number of his ant colonies because he stocked for a 3 to 4 week quarantine, and now it looks like it may be months. He's in the Philippines where they're under full lockdown enforced by police and military and no open pet stores, so he only has what he can ration and breed now for his ants and other pets.

Not all of them will live off of table scraps and fish food.

Then SnakeDIscovery lost their garter snake Nearly Headless Nick. They took him in after someone found him. He'd survived being hit by a lawnmower and losing nearly all of his face including all of one eye, and the other was so damaged it couldn't be used. They managed to nurse him back to health like that, and he survived the surgery to remove what was left of his last eye. He survived and grew even for 2 and a 1/2 years, but he died suddenly and for no apparent reason even with necropsy.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thats pretty disappointing with AntsCanada.. Been watching him for a while.

I havent been watching much YouTube recently, what with the whole limiting some technologies thing.

Not aware of SnakeDiscovery, but Ill have to check it out at some point.

Ive just been trying to finish my 3d printed headphones, and remembering why I put it off so long. Little mini xlr plugs and such are amazingly tedious to work with. Shouldve done it right the first time and actually got decent connectors!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

He kept the black and yellow crazy ants and his new fire ant colony and one other that I recall. The two crazy ant colonies can survive off of fish food and table scraps basically.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
See the weird part of this is that I have zero interest in insects and have never deliberately set out to study or watch anything remotely related to the subject at all...

Yet somehow my YouTube recommendations worked out in such a way that I can honestly say, I know the channel they're discussing and I'm a little sad about the ants.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It's like watching a cross between a soap opera and nature documentary all at once. And the guy has a pleasant voice and clear enthusiasm for his subjects.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Just thought I would post a pic of my guitar design, in case anyone was curious. Or.. wanted to steal it

I could go into the specs of the guitar itself, but dont think many would be interested in that.

This is the 2nd phase of prototyping, so certainly not "done." Its just using poly foam to slowly work out the angles (its trickier than one might think..)

The idea is to play it reclined. For someone like me, that means I can actually play relatively comfortably. But, I have to imagine that there is appeal for general players too.

Might be fun for someone

I'm into specs

So, looks headless, is it a 6,7 string, I see lots of headless designs these days with fanned fretboards.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join