It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Community Support and Mental Wellness Thread

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
So sorry

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
A dear longtime friend has just become a number in the Michigan COVID-19 death count. He had many health problems but I hadn't thought that someone so big and dynamic would fall in this epidemic.

Shai Dorsai.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've mentioned in a few threads that, about 6 months ago, a couple of little boy kittens showed up on my doorstep and informed me that I was now to feed and house them. I had no choice but to comply.

They are no longer kittens and have been doing their best to earn their keep. One devoured rat (wild) that I am aware of. Numerous small lizards (being sure to leave the nasty bits for me, as an offering), lots of insect parts, and a pile of feathers.

Today, when I went to the kitchen to refresh a...beverage... there was a very large and happy mourning dove calmly devouring the cats' food on the counter in the pantry. The brothers were sleeping on the floor.

I fear that the boys have decided to peacefully coexist with the varmints.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's a hunting strategy. They're baiting it, and when it's too fat to fly away fast ... they strike!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My Self-Isolation Quarantine Diary
Day 1 – I Can Do This!! Got enough food and wine to last a month!
Day 2 – Opening my 8th bottle of Wine. I fear wine supplies might not last!
Day 3 – Strawberries: Some have 210 seeds, some have 235 seeds. Who Knew??
Day 4 – 8:00pm. Removed my Day Pajamas and put on my Night Pajamas.
Day 5 – Today, I tried to make Hand Sanitizer. It came out as Jello Shots!!
Day 6 – I get to take the Garbage out. I’m So excited, I can’t decide what to wear.
Day 7 – Laughing way too much at my own jokes!!
Day 8 – Went to a new restaurant called “The Kitchen”. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have No clue how this place is still in business.
Day 9 – I put liquor bottles in every room. Tonight, I’m getting all dressed up and going Bar hopping.
Day 10 – Struck up a conversation with a Spider today. Seems nice. He’s a Web Designer.
Day 11 – Isolation is hard. I swear my fridge just said, “What the hell do you want now?”
Day 12 – I realized why dogs get so excited about something moving outside, going for walks or car rides. I think I just barked at a squirrel.
Day 13 – If you keep a glass of wine in each hand, you can’t accidently touch your face.
Day 14 – Watched the birds fight over a worm. The Cardinals lead the Blue Jays 3–1.

🍷
edit on 452020 by Elostone because: forgot my wine

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Elostone

Stay safe, we are right there with you.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Sorry to hear that Byrd, my condolences.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
My Self-Isolation Quarantine Diary
Day 1 – I Can Do This!! Got enough food and wine to last a month!
Day 2 – Opening my 8th bottle of Wine. I fear wine supplies might not last!
Day 3 – Strawberries: Some have 210 seeds, some have 235 seeds. Who Knew??
Day 4 – 8:00pm. Removed my Day Pajamas and put on my Night Pajamas.
Day 5 – Today, I tried to make Hand Sanitizer. It came out as Jello Shots!!
Day 6 – I get to take the Garbage out. I’m So excited, I can’t decide what to wear.
Day 7 – Laughing way too much at my own jokes!!
Day 8 – Went to a new restaurant called “The Kitchen”. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have No clue how this place is still in business.
Day 9 – I put liquor bottles in every room. Tonight, I’m getting all dressed up and going Bar hopping.
Day 10 – Struck up a conversation with a Spider today. Seems nice. He’s a Web Designer.
Day 11 – Isolation is hard. I swear my fridge just said, “What the hell do you want now?”
Day 12 – I realized why dogs get so excited about something moving outside, going for walks or car rides. I think I just barked at a squirrel.
Day 13 – If you keep a glass of wine in each hand, you can’t accidently touch your face.
Day 14 – Watched the birds fight over a worm. The Cardinals lead the Blue Jays 3–1.

🍷

Too funny! I needed a good laugh, thx.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm wearing my Mankini and practicing these dance moves, should I post a video of my progress?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I've mentioned in a few threads that, about 6 months ago, a couple of little boy kittens showed up on my doorstep and informed me that I was now to feed and house them. I had no choice but to comply.

They are no longer kittens and have been doing their best to earn their keep. One devoured rat (wild) that I am aware of. Numerous small lizards (being sure to leave the nasty bits for me, as an offering), lots of insect parts, and a pile of feathers.

Today, when I went to the kitchen to refresh a...beverage... there was a very large and happy mourning dove calmly devouring the cats' food on the counter in the pantry. The brothers were sleeping on the floor.

I fear that the boys have decided to peacefully coexist with the varmints.

Thanks for saving them, Phage. I'm glad they're coexisting with the mourning dove.

Our little (3-cat) outside colony are Mouse Killers in the extreme. They caught their first one of the season yesterday. We see them kill about one bird per year. However, the dead mice are in the dozens. They left one on a fast-food tray....with a flower from two houses down...a couple of summers ago. Weirdest thing ever.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Look, everyone, now.

This Phage person right here, kicks some serious *** (i self censor a three letter word, you can spend your time guessing it)

"Cold hard fact" Phage. Accused of being the master of google. Yeah why? Because Phage knows stuff. Facts, not "gut feelings"

And here Phage is. Showing softer side. Being a structure which will carry weight of the multiple weaker ones in time of a distress.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
A dear longtime friend has just become a number in the Michigan COVID-19 death count. He had many health problems but I hadn't thought that someone so big and dynamic would fall in this epidemic.

Shai Dorsai.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, dear lady or dear sir.

That was a worn out statement. But i said it anyway. Remember: It is okay to cry. It is even okay to suffer. But you need to take care of yourself, your friend would have wanted that. Conquering mount Everest may seem a bit far away for you right now, but go back to the basics. Eat, sleep, have a shower. Plenty of water drinking. There is the whole task list for you now.

The mount Everest will stay there for a later occasion.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that you lost someone to this.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think I may be officially gone this morning.

I just watched a ballerina shave her armpits on YouTube.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think I may be officially gone this morning.

I just watched a ballerina shave her armpits on YouTube.

Yep, you've lost it. It's official

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Love it, you are having too much fun!!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Took this yesterday:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You wanna know what bothers me the most, in all of this mess?

The insecurity.

The fact that i do not know the facts.

The most far-out conspiracy theorist seems just as legit in my eyes, as a board of healthcare professionals.

This is new, and we do not have the knowledge yet.

That is what feels bad. That is what makes me scared. Not the virus itself.

Thanks for letting me share. Stay safe, stay healthy.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
On a brighter note, I am upgrading my computer.

Assuming Cyberpunk still comes out this fall as expected, I need a big time upgrade. We've been planning for it, and I ordered my new CPU, MoBo, graphics card, and more RAM yesterday. Now I'm watching my email obsessively to figure out what it will ship. So far, only the RAM is in the mail.

This has been in the works for a while, so it's not like a crazy splurge even though it feels like one.

I can't wait to see what the new upgrades do for PlanetZoo. It was running clunky with my older graphics. That card could just barely cope.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When people casually mention computer hardware I legit hear bomp chika wahwah music in my head.

So, ummmm, what's your motherboard wearing? Describe your GPU to me - slowly....

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join