It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Community Support and Mental Wellness Thread

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: toolgal462

There is so much look-alike/sound-alike in pop music as well. As "pop/punk rock" as those tracks are we were at one time compared to the Blue Oyster Cult and Mary's Danish (89). One of my favorite living artists, Nick Cave, is all over the place; punk, blues, howling rage, hard rock, soft alternative, etc. He will never be an iHeart Radio darling because they don't know how to sell that.

It's easy money to go, "well, Taylor Swift is a hit in this demo, let's find three more just like her!"

Exactly, it's all the same generic crap. It's actually proven that today's music all follows the same format. Which is why it all sounds the same. And imo, very uninspired.

PJW has a good video about it. Why modern music is crap. or something like that. It's really good.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yep. When #metoo broke I spent a LOT of time going back over my encounters with women over the years. I am a big enough boy that I can admit there were a couple of sketchy times where a woman might have been too drunk or high or whatever. I was a serial monogamist but not always, you know?

On the other hand, I remember the girls from our tribe who did our make-up and openly talked about their conquests with each other. I met countless "county girls" who were obviously bored valley housewives on a girls-night-out mission to bag a younger "rockstar."

I know people got hurt, but I also know the hurt was distributed equally between the boys n girls.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yep. When #metoo broke I spent a LOT of time going back over my encounters with women over the years. I am a big enough boy that I can admit there were a couple of sketchy times where a woman might have been too drunk or high or whatever. I was a serial monogamist but not always, you know?

On the other hand, I remember the girls from our tribe who did our make-up and openly talked about their conquests with each other. I met countless "county girls" who were obviously bored valley housewives on a girls-night-out mission to bag a younger "rockstar."

I know people got hurt, but I also know the hurt was distributed equally between the boys n girls.

Ah the good ol' days. The SJ Warriors and Millenials (who were the DEATH of all that is FUN) will never convince me that they made the world a better place with their nonsense....

NEVER

Our generation did stupid stuff sometimes but when it was taken too far there WERE consequences for those actions.

I mean, rape was NEVER acceptable . It wasn't acceptable to force yourself upon another. You know, common sense stuff.

I'm just glad I didn't grow up in this environment. Because I had FUN and have wonderful stories to tell!!!

And my snotty nieces and nephew can look down their nose at me and give me that "okay boomer" crap, but it wont be long until they get the same dismissive treatment by their kids. And i cannot wait!! HAHAH

and I aint no boomer

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I have a few rock star stories I will never tell.

And most were not sexual! LOL

But I did meet those bands in my day.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Update on my boy Lazer. His bloodwork is good, his blood pressure good, heart is good. He does have ashtma, and I give him inhaler 2x daily for that already. At least he uses same ashtma med as me LOL So I save money there

However, the surgery is scheduled for the 16th and cost me another 1300 +.

Good thing I have my mooch money coming from stimulus plan.

I try not to stress over the money aspect of it, because I'd stress a lot more if I let my cat suffer or put him to sleep when he can be treated and still live a good life.

That's how I roll. I would have a lot more money if I didn't love and rescue animals but in the end, I cannot ignore an animal that I can save or help.

So I just shrug and go to work every day (well, not right now, but you know what I mean).

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Because I'm me and because my luck is what it is, my 11 month old vape mod decided that today was the perfect day to succumb to the nether and to give up the ghost.

So my shelter in place butt just sheltered in place at the local vape shop for about 10 minutes where I was fortunate enough to purchase some crap vape stick thing for $60 ( which I could probably have ordered online for $20 ) because the cheapest decent mod they had was $175 on the shelf, but is $44.99 online... And I wasn't about to pay that sort of premium for convenience and to support the local head shop.

BTW I'm not angry, just frustrated that this damned rainbow colored abomination of an overpriced device won't charge faster.

edit on 4/2/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It will be so worth the wait.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I totally get it. I paid $600 once to last-ditch save a dog I knew was going to die and then held him all night on the kitchen floor while he passed.

I love people but animals "get me" (Jesus what a turn of phrase! Yikes)
edit on 2-4-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I totally get it. I paid $600 once to last-ditch save a dog I knew was going to die and then held him all night on the kitchen floor while he passed.

I love people but animals "get me" (Jesus what a turn of phrase! Yikes)

Well, I prefer the company of animals. I don't care what people think either! I work and pay my bills and I can spend my money on what I want!

So there.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

A dog?
I spent $200 for surgery on a rat. But she was the best rat ever.
Didn't last long after that, so I sort of regret it.

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A dog?
I spent $200 for surgery on a rat. But she was the best rat ever.
Didn't last long after that, so I sort of regret it.

yah, rats don't live that long but they are smart and great pets I hear.

I've spent hundreds on ferrets I inherited. They don't live long either. But boy are they adorable and funny buggers. I miss them a lot. But I don't go out buying animals, I inherit or rescue animals. So, I don't come across many ferrets to save.

never had a rat either. But my niece used to have a few as pets and said they were very intelligent and nice animals.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts Drussell41. I really appreciate it. I’m looking into the grocery delivery or curb pickup options. Most places are booked out over a week in advance. I’ll just reserve a time for whatever is available and do that. I have enough groceries for a week or two, so I’m okay.

I called my Mom and Dad shortly after I made my post. I felt much better after talking to them. I’m really grateful for everything I have. Many people have it much worse than I do. I’m trying my best to keep things in perspective. Your post gave me comfort. Thank you for that.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

You're welcome. You're going to make it.

If you ever want to just chat, feel free to message. I'm long-time DOD. Born into a SAC family, two military husbands (mostly USAF), a niece who's a naval aviator, and my own career in IT with DLA. It leads to a certain mindset, I think.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
[

I've spent hundreds on ferrets I inherited. They don't live long either. But boy are they adorable and funny buggers. I miss them a lot. But I don't go out buying animals, I inherit or rescue animals. So, I don't come across many ferrets to save.

I have wanted a ferret(s) for so long. However, cats who need rescue keep showing up. And there's only so much money for kibble and vet visits.

Whenever we're watching TV and I remark on how adorable an animal is, my husband will say something like, "You may not get a goat/pig/ferret/panda/whatever." He knows.

The only animals I've bought were two Schutzhund German Shepherd Dogs. They were worth every dime.
edit on 3-4-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

These two should be awarded champions of making it work.

I watched this and thought I would share. They quit everything to move out and chase a dream with no experience and curve balls on the way.
edit on 3-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A member of my household received a call this morning. Two of his coworkers are in hospital and have tested positive.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Yeah, we've always ended up with a multi-cat household for that reason. The hard luck cases keep coming our way, and we seem to have a neon flashing sucker sign stapled on us.

We have 3 right now: a 13/14-year-old, and two 6/7-month-olds. One of the two younger ones was an abandoned 3-week-old when we got him and we had to bottle feed him.

For a while my daily routine was feed kitten, get kid on bus, go to work, come home, feed kitten, go to PT, finally feed self (maybe), get kid off bus, take kid to practice, eat, sleep ... wash, rinse, repeat. It helped me lose those last few pounds.

We now have those three cats, one snake, and an aquarium.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

A member of my household received a call this morning. Two of his coworkers are in hospital and have tested positive.

Uh-oh ... time to buckle in for quarantine? Stay safe; stay healthy.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Ah, s***, Heff. Are you guys going to change anything about how things are ran in the household?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join