It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray Pray Pray ATSers Prayer Changes Things

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Just replace the "prayer" for "intent". The power of intent carries a lot less religious baggage and gets right to the point.
It then becomes a quantum thing, subject to observation, and has a place in real science. IMO

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I will speak to my invisible friend, hands clasped, and ask that he put an end to this virus that he began. Completely absurd! I'm sorry, but prayer is completely useless. The best thing that could happen to this world is for religion to vanish.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Some people have to have their voice and opinion heard on every topic possible. Some people may believe their opinion is somehow important. All people make this mistake from time to time.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Does prayer cure bone cancer in infants?

Of course it does. If it doesn't then you either didn't pray hard enough, or are a sinner.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
oh, man....try it.....the Spirit of God will stack proof infront of you.

stack a pile in front of you of undeniable

in any sector of your interests in this world.....sickness or a relationship....ask for a sign if ya want.....

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

you may believe in " teh power of prayer "

but can you offer any coherent evidence ?

People like you are insane... You act as if you have some superpowers. You DO realise, that some of us WERE christian at one time. All of the prayers, unheard. All of the asking, left unanswered.

"Just try, it will be amazeballs dudes and dudettes!!"

pfft... You see what you want to see, and that is because YOU see it.. No one puts good things before you, you CHOOSE to see it.

And you do not need a god for that. But if that is what helps you, no worries.. just stop with this incessant ignorance. it's irritating, do you.. just don't pontificate about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
Cause when you say us you must be inclusive of other members with daddy issues.

So you think it comical that my father abused me to make the 'daddy issues' slight? Would you say the same thing to your brother or sister or family friend if they were abused by their parent?

For reference, my father beat me with his hands, hit me with various tools and solid objects, burned me with lighters and matches and cigarettes... the list goes on. I begged for help from 'God' and 'Jesus' when I was young. They never helped. My 'daddy issues' continued until i was old enough to fight back.

So..."Har-har-har". Very funny. Here's hoping you and people close to you never have to endure what I did, let alone beg for help which never arrived.

edit on 17-3-2020 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I'm truly sorry to hear that. I don't know where you are but this should not happen. I lost a child to cancer. The treatments are horrible but it does prolong and sometimes save lives. While some people worry about toilet paper, others are suffering

Sweet words from the positive thoughts of a kind person.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

When I was back there in seminary school
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition
That you can petition the Lord with prayer
Petition the lord with prayer
Petition the lord with prayer
You cannot petition the lord with prayer!

You and I have had our ups and downs though the years. Catholic Church or Seminary school are all the same. I "pray" you will understand the following.

We, are bound together on two levels, physical, and spiritual, and both, are just as real as anything in our universe. Religions do not share the truth with us, they serve to distract and confuse us, and then, control us.

I recently (Mar 6th) lost my wife to Pneumonia. The medical "Industry" failed us. She was buried on the 13th. It is a very difficult time for me right now. She was my life, my best friend, and in tears tell you, she was a god send to me. But not the god of the physical world, but of the Spiritual Divine Creator. Many do not understand the difference because what religions have done to us. I have known for some time of those "Messengers" who rely information, and yes, prayers to the divine.

The god of this world is selfish and controlling, while the Divine Creator is of love and sharing. My wife is no longer in pain and ignorance of this world but has now rejoined the Divine. I can't get into details because it wouldn't be right, but I can tell you that "Messages" have been received, and sent. I in essence asked that she, from time to time stop in and look over me, to which, she has.

The messages are not of this world therefore not recognizable on our level. But, you can see them, if you only have the heart to look.

It is for each one of us to find our own truth of this life. To learn our own lessons. And, pray in our own way.

I have seen my own truth, and I have sent my prayers. And I know they have been received.
edit on PMTuesdayTuesday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago3931 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25025320]noonebutme[/post

So you think it comical
]
Nope never said that. But I will refrain from telling you what
I think any further. And simply ask you to be more genuine if
you wish to put your silly contempt and absurd reasoning on
display for all to see.

Who do you think you are?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
Who do you think you are?

Someone allowed to post to a public forum, a rational response to an illogical suggestion that prayer makes any physical difference in the universe.

That's who I think I am. Also someone who no longer has 'daddy issues', as you put it.

I illustrated the very obvious and very real results of prayer, ie: non-existent for very real, very horrific things that happen in life.

Some people choose to believe child abuse is...well, i don't know what you believe it to be, I can only assume by your logic it's God's Will, seeing as how he does sweet F.A. to prevent it.

I see it as horrific and no amount of prayer to any God will to stop it.

Only education, action and society can change it
edit on 17-3-2020 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I am so, so sorry that you experienced such a horrifically painful childhood.

And I don't know whether it will make any difference to you to know this, but I just wanted to tell you that right now -

- my heart is breaking, and I am literally crying for the young boy you used to be.

You have every right to be angry beyond angry at God - whether He exists or not...

...but please...consider that there are many people going thru painful experiences whose Faith is the only thing getting them thru each day...

And as I sit here, dripping in tears for a little child long grown into some mere stranger on the internet, I would just like to ask -

- please, don't take your anger at 'God' out on people who may desperately need to believe in Him, in order to make it thru another day.
edit on 17-3-2020 by lostgirl because: correction

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I appreciate the sentiments, truly. But that was a long time ago and that man I'm ashamed to call my father is no longer about, thankfully.

My post(s) weren't a cry for help or a, "Poor widdle me" -- I genuinely know there are far worse off people and children out there now. They served as an example of the point I was making.

And for the record I have no animosity or hatred for 'God', mainly because I don't believe in it/him/her/etc. But my main point was I couldn't see the correlation or, more directly, the evidence that praying had a physical impact on things. Apart from, which I completely accept, the emotional state of those who believe in it. And if that works and makes people feel better -- too right, do it with content and all the power to you.

Myself, I just couldn't/can't see how praying makes any difference to a genuine, physical reality and my little backstory, in my opinion, was evidence of that.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Prayer, good thoughts, kindness, mindfulness, a strong awareness, and righteous living... all of it really does matter.

Nothing is etched in stone, except God's unwavering love for each and every one of us. I believe that to be the truth.

Unfortunately I think people making the decisions for us today, have distanced themselves from the spiritual side of things and God's good plan, so we as individuals have to break away from the collective and it's agenda of fear and control, and we have to really pick up the slack, and do the heavy lifting, from within.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: noonebutme

Or a loving God who adores us.'

Really.

Where was he when the Catholic priests abused all those children in His name?
- He did nothing and let it happen.
Where was he when I was a child and abused by my father, when I begged Him for help, to make it stop, when I prayed and NOTHING ever happened?
- He did nothing and let it happen.

I could go on, but it's a waste of typing. Point is, you're free to pray to whatever you believe. But don't try to feed us that horsesh*t that 'god' loves and adores us. It is clear our human definition of love, caring, protection and adoration (like what i feel for my children) is VASTLY different to what your 'God' feels...

I too have experienced some pretty horrific things at the hand of someone who was supposed to love me...and I have learned things about myself I could not have learned any other way. The experience has bettered me in ways that nothing else could have. And that happened by me turning to God for guidance and insight. And by trusting that God won't let me endure more than I can handle.

I'm sorry that happened. It hurts my heart. I am sure God is going to change whoever did that to you, one day too.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Agree.

Prayer, visualization, manifestation - whatever you want to call it.

Energy goes where attention flows.

We need to seek the Source and better align ourselves with positive outcomes. Write a better script, program, etc. We are co-creating this nightmare.

Time to wake up.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ill pray! Thank you for making this thread. S&F.
I know as well as you do that religion is not a requirement to pray or anything else.

Thanks for spreading some light

-Driver

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Doesn't He know we're in a bad way? Or does He just want us to come crawling to Him, for some reason? Sounds like a petty God.
a reply to: Phage
It's not about what God knows, it's about what we truly want. No sitting on the fence. Well, you can do that do, but that is very 100 percent even if one doesn't believe it to be so.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The Truth Always Hurts..............

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Aside from faith in God or prayers being answered or not...
There is no doubting that prayer by the faithful has positive effects on their well-being science has done research into this and marvels at the physiological physiological basic overall emotional effects that prayer has on the faithful...

For those whom assume a stance that God knowing all things knows what we need and when we need it so there is no need for prayer... While this may seem logical it really is not, because the Lord will force himself on nobody... We have free will it is up to us to ask for aid... But more important than asking for help for yourself I myself see the true power of prayer when praying for others... I myself believe its true that prayer is powerful when you are greatly troubled and without answers overwhelmed by whatever may be. Simply humble yourself and seek the guidance and comfort of God ask and you shall receive... Perhaps what is given is not what was expected or even asked for but you will find your answer your plea will not fall upon deaf ears ask and you shall receive... If you believe...

More importantly than asking for aid though take time for yourself to simply talk to the Lord and thank him for everything that is precious to you... If you don’t know him but are perhaps curious and would like to find out once and for all... Well you’re going to have to pray....
edit on 18-3-2020 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: KKLOCO

I've got hope, that this crisis ends sooner rather than later.

My hope will have as much effect as her prayers.

And in my opening post I said if you don't believe in prayer then good thoughts would help. Your hope helps in some small but tangible way.

We have a Mexican standoff: hope vs. prayer. Which will be the big winner in the virus war? If either. The effectiveness of one as opposed to the other would seem to be immeasurable. Perhaps the number of participants in each camp would determine the victor. How about "hoping" everyone "prays"?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join