It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray Pray Pray ATSers Prayer Changes Things

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
In science there are the four fundamental forces of nature.....electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force, gravity, and the strong nuclear force. I believe there is a fifth force....prayer. Prayer effects not only the physical, but the mental and spiritual as well. So pray for the people of the world, even those in countries that you don't like.
And if you don't believe in prayer....then direct thoughts of love towards your fellow man. Thoughts have power too.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

In science there are the four fundamental forces of nature.....electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force, gravity, and the strong nuclear force. I believe there is a fifth force....prayer.

Can you define what you mean by prayer? Isn't prayer, basically, the act of asking, or begging, a deity to unnaturally change a bad situation?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
In science there are the four fundamental forces of nature.....electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force, gravity, and the strong nuclear force. I believe there is a fifth force....prayer. Prayer effects not only the physical, but the mental and spiritual as well. So pray for the people of the world, even those in countries that you don't like.
And if you don't believe in prayer....then direct thoughts of love towards your fellow man. Thoughts have power too.

This is directed to Sookiechacha. The quote function messed up.
But anyhow......

This isn't for you then. Those who understand probably didn't click on my thread....but rather took it as a reminder to quickly take a moment to express their love for their fellow man to our Creator. God knows what we need before we ask for it...even when we don't know what to pray for.
Is it such a bad thing to take a moment to commune with our Creator? It doesn't hurt, I promise.

edit on 3/16/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

edit on 3/16/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sorry, but I don't watch videos on ATS....but Jim Morrison sure was cute. I miss long hair on guys.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

When I was back there in seminary school
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition
That you can petition the Lord with prayer
Petition the lord with prayer
You cannot petition the lord with prayer!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

When I was back there in seminary school
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition
That you can petition the Lord with prayer
You cannot petition the lord with prayer!

Well, my Creator/ Father said, "The fervent and continual prayer of a righteous person avails much".

Jim Morrison might be wrong, you know. seminary sounds like a Catholic thing...a religious thing. God and I leave religion out of it when we talk.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

you may believe in " teh power of prayer "

but can you offer any coherent evidence ?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Were I believer, I think that praising the Lord might be a worthwhile thing.

Asking for favors is another matter. Doesn't He know we're in a bad way? Or does He just want us to come crawling to Him, for some reason? Sounds like a petty God.

But a least he doesn't ask for virgins.

I don't question your faith. I think faith is fine, btw.

edit on 3/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
All the woman is asking for is hope!

All your BS negative responses show why this planet needs a cleansing.

WTF!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I've got hope, that this crisis ends sooner rather than later.

My hope will have as much effect as her prayers.

edit on 3/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Maybe the world can do a universal healing prayer or moments of silence and positive healing thoughts on a particular day and moment.

Someone should organize that. A nonsectarian event though, of course, people can call on their own version of the divine or positive thought stream.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

God knows what we need before we ask for it...even when we don't know what to pray for.

So, you DO pray for "something". To me, that kind of prayer, the kind of prayer that asks a deity to do something for you, because you asked, demonstrates lack of faith that "God knows what we need before we ask for it".

My very Christian brother in law died last Friday, and my sister was praying and reading the bible at him, before he left us, and asking us all to pray from afar, for him, as he was "going home" soon.

I just don't understand why these people think that God doesn't already know what's going on and what to do? Like they need to boss him around! Like their prayers are going to have an effect on his after life?

Is it such a bad thing to take a moment to commune with our Creator?

If you believe that you have a "relationship" with your creator, an almighty being, how could one breath you take not be in communion with "Him"?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
No, it does not. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ok people....God is our Father. We are his children. He understands us and loves us and doesn't mind one bit when we ask Him for whatever. He understands....and like any loving parent he wants what's best.
edit on 3/17/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

But He doesn't know what's happening unless we tell him about it. He doesn't know people are dying because they are sick. So we have to tell Him about it and ask Him to help.

Is that the way it works? Like my daughter saying she used up her allowance so can she have an advance?

edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

I've got hope, that this crisis ends sooner rather than later.

My hope will have as much effect as her prayers.

And in my opening post I said if you don't believe in prayer then good thoughts would help. Your hope helps in some small but tangible way.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Your hope helps in some small but tangible way.

No they don't.
But there is some point, perhaps, in trying to separate fact from fiction.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Time is not a linear thing to God but something that is experienced all at once. Past, present and future.

So...no.

I've really missed this. It's fun, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

God is a Trafalmadorian?
Cool. But I still don't get why we should have to tell Him we're in a mess. What does omniscient mean?

edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join