It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $&#^ Hasn't Even Hit the Fan Yet...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just went shopping for weekly groceries. I live in a fairly rural area, so we went to Walmart (I don't like Walmart but I don't have a lot of options). The place is a literal circus, and completely wiped out of anything that is canned or frozen and cheap. Fortunately we don't eat poopoo so there was still a lot for us to choose from. Fresh veggies, fruit, and pretty much all the meat above ground beef was available.

Just a few observations from this trip:

1: If you're not already somewhat prepared for an event like this, picking up a couple cases of water, a few extra rolls of toilet paper, and some frozen peas will not ensure your survival. You have already failed. You and your family will be the first to die when the # really hits the fan.

2: This is why you don't give up your gun rights. Not even a little. No magazine bans, no accessory bans. No bans at all. Sure, everything is peachy when we all have Lucky Charms, but remove the cheap, instant food, and people turn into animals. This isn't even a serious problem - it's a virus scare for a virus that is LESS DEADLY THAN THE FLU. Despite this, look how effective the media was at awakening survival instincts in millions of otherwise "turned off" Americans.

If you have a wife or husband or children you care about - this is why you should have a firearm and lots of ammo. This is a virus scare. If this is what a cold turns people into, what happens when a meteor hits the other side of the planet and the skies go dark for a couple of months? It's more likely than you think.

3: Do you really think 2 cases of water is going to get you anywhere? Buy a reverse osmosis water filtration system for your house. It will clean over 99% of contaminants from your water. Buy a Lifestraw, or any of the similar brands out there. You can drink rancid swamp water out of it and live. Buy water purification tablets for when you run out of the other stuff.

4: This goes back to #1, but it is prudent, no matter who you are, to have some type of food storage. Buy more canned food than you need and rotate it in with your regular meals... Buy dehydrated food. Learn to hunt. Whatever you do, DONT wait until the last minute to fight over crumbs at your local Walmart.

Be safe out there people. I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better. It's not the virus you have to be afraid of - it's the sheep.
edit on 13-3-2020 by TinkerHaus because: hiding things

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I just drove past Kroger and Walmart on my way home and it looked like Black Friday...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just got back from the grocery store, in the City of Corona no less. Big store. Had to park far away. Had to wait outside for 15 minutes in rain to get in because the store was what they called "full to capacity". They only let 10 people in at a time.

No toilet paper. Water almost gone. Soup half gone. Got in line for check ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!

Must have been 50 people ahead of me with FULL CARTS! I just needed cat food.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

And DON'T forget to stock a bit for your pets. I don't want to hear about people being eaten by their animals because the pets were hungry.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Man, I have been having a blast preping for this thing. Finally an excuse to buy some of the stuff that I have wanted for a while now. Maybe dipping into savings a little bit but so many toys like dried food and protection implements. I agree with you on that water system. Looking for a distillation system myself.

Work is starting to get a clue and is creating procedures to start working from home. 1 of our staff with a heart transplant a few years ago is pretty much self isolated now and will be working from home now.

Things are getting interesting.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Good advice.

I too went to Walmart today and experienced pretty much the same. Things like noodles and rice were gone but there was plenty of food left. I got a few things because I’m unsure how the area I’m in is going to react in the coming weeks if they start closing schools and municipal buildings down.

I don’t understand the toilet paper shortage and why everyone thinks it is that crucial. It’s like people forget the shower or bathtub is near the toilet, if you’re to lazy to jump in the shower afterwards then I don’t know what else to say.
edit on 13-3-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Because they know they will be stuck at home due to self quarantining until this thing blows over I'm guessing.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Well said.

Now quarantine and martial law?

I bet they were training society to freak out with decades of zombie fiction.

The fear of a virus can lead to such extreme reactions that ppl will kill others as if they were zombies.

That way the govt can come in, save the day, institute new powers etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

2: This is why you don't give up your gun rights. Not even a little. No magazine bans, no accessory bans. No bans at all. Sure, everything is peachy when we all have Lucky Charms, but remove the cheap, instant food, and people turn into animals. This isn't even a serious problem - it's a virus scare for a virus that is LESS DEADLY THAN THE FLU. Despite this, look how effective the media was at awakening survival instincts in millions of otherwise "turned off" Americans.

If you have a wife or husband or children you care about - this is why you should have a firearm and lots of ammo. This is a virus scare. If this is what a cold turns people into, what happens when a meteor hits the other side of the planet and the skies go dark for a couple of months? It's more likely than you think.

Are you suggesting shooting fellow American citizens as an answer in a crisis?

What happens if we get 2 families with husbands/wives/children, who gets to live in that situation, is it first to pull the trigger wins?

Happy hunting my American friends, sometimes that puddle of water between us is just enough to feel safe.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

I placed an order with chewys online and they are good for stocking up. Get it while they have it. Shipping times may be longer.

Get in line with preparewithgroundzero or mypatriotsupply because this panic is wiping out the stores and it is nationwide so there aren’t enough reserves to routinely refill the shelves.

This is no joke in my opinion. I prepared for the panic rather than whether or not this is short or long.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I’ve been wanting to learn bushcrafting so I finally bought some of the items that were in my shopping cart for a while. I stocked up on food, water purification, filtration and got a little bit of flu meds. I even sprung for Vicks and an asthma inhaler. I had to work on my family a bit it they finally got on board last week, just before the chaos.

My company is letting us work from home and I’m so grateful it is possible for us. Last year I was in big box retail and that is probably the worst place to be right now aside from the medical industry.
edit on 13-3-2020 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
I just got back from the grocery store, in the City of Corona no less. Big store. Had to park far away. Had to wait outside for 15 minutes in rain to get in because the store was what they called "full to capacity". They only let 10 people in at a time.

No toilet paper. Water almost gone. Soup half gone. Got in line for check ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!

Must have been 50 people ahead of me with FULL CARTS! I just needed cat food.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

What happens if we get 2 families with husbands/wives/children, who gets to live in that situation, is it first to pull the trigger wins?

Happy hunting my American friends, sometimes that puddle of water between us is just enough to feel safe.

No, that is not what he is saying.

He is saying that when the SHTF for real and people realize the don't have any food or other necessities, the thin veneer that keeps people lawful wears off and you see how bad people really can be. People you thought were your neighbors, friends, etc won't think twice about robbing you or worse when it is their family that is starving, not yours.

You don't want to be unarmed when the masses decide they are willing to do whatever to get a bite to eat.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I live in a rural setting and drove down to my local grocery store to finish my preparations. There was actually still toilet paper on the shelves where Sams Club and Walmart Supercenter in the larger city 50 miles from me were sold out.

I stocked up with 3 packages or ground chuck, 2 pounds of bacon, a quart of milk, a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage and 3 half gallons of Bluebell Home style vanilla ice cream.

I'm prepped.

Oh, I picked up a fresh carton on Winston cigarettes.
edit on 13-3-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

When the # hits the fan in your neck of the woods, I hope your good will protects you when the knives and guns come out. I was by no means promoting or suggesting instigating violence. I was saying that it's prudent to be prepared and willing/able to protect innocent people. Not everyone out there is as altruistic as I am.

Be safe, friend.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jsjAmeicanMo

And DON'T forget to stock a bit for your pets. I don't want to hear about people being eaten by their animals because the pets were hungry.

Or, God forbid, the other way around.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I went to my local WinCo early this morning 5am-ish to pick up some more items, figured i'd beat the rush. Apparently many other people had the same idea. The store was pretty crowded. The rice and beans were nearly gone as well as many other items. The stockers were busy restocking the shelves though. The clerk said she had been fairly busy all night long. This is a 24 hour store BTW.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Get down off your high horse, Mr. Genteel. What're you going to do in Europe when the shtf? Pour a cup of tea?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

No, that is not what he is saying.

He is saying that when the SHTF for real and people realize the don't have any food or other necessities, the thin veneer that keeps people lawful wears off and you see how bad people really can be. People you thought were your neighbors, friends, etc won't think twice about robbing you or worse when it is their family that is starving, not yours.

You don't want to be unarmed when the masses decide they are willing to do whatever to get a bite to eat.

So shooting fellow Americans then, how is what you said any different, someone robs you to feed their children/wife/husband, you shoot them to maintain your wife/children/husband

Happy hunting my American Friends

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Get down off your high horse, Mr. Genteel. What're you going to do in Europe when the shtf? Pour a cup of tea?

Giddy up cowboy, what fan is being sh@t on?

All this hypothetical talk of crisis and shooting guns, got an itchy trigger finger over there? imagune if people worked together instead rather than pointed loaded weapons, maybe I am Mr Genteel to your Mr Macho (when you got your trusty 45 that is)

Try and chill out a little, its only a movie

edit on 13-3-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: link

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join