It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 254
<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have a friend who works at a Pier 1 Imports store in Ohio and they temporarily closed all stores on March 22. Here's the problem: They were undergoing Chapter 11 bankruptcy at the time and needed a buyer by March 31.

She said her store won a contest but payment will be delayed. They've also laid off (furloughed) more than half the corporate office employees and executives are taking pay cuts. She's really worried about not being paid this week.

She called to claim unemployment and can't get through. She has tried since Monday.

What a cluster **** this is. Praying for everyone out there to get through this mess!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
News from Bulgaria

264 cases

21 new ones

still 3 deaths

9 people have recovered

2 of the infected are from the army who were on missions. They have just returned from Kosovo and have been tested for the virus.

One of the critical cases is getting better.

There have been currently over 6000 tested for the virus.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just waiting to see if UK numbers get fiddled with again. This silly rule where families can keep their loved ones death a secret has skewered the results and is lulling people here in to a false sense of security. I knew something was up when yesterday the UK had lower death figures than Germany.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

She called to claim unemployment and can't get through. She has tried since Monday.

My daughter also had to apply while her store is closed and waited until 4 a.m. to do it and got through. She had been trying the whole day and then realized that maybe the middle of the night would work better.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

I'll tell her. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Just waiting to see if UK numbers get fiddled with again. This silly rule where families can keep their loved ones death a secret has skewered the results and is lulling people here in to a false sense of security. I knew something was up when yesterday the UK had lower death figures than Germany.

A rule to keep a family death a secret??? Never heard of that. But I agree...numbers are defo skewed! Otherwise if it went down by half why are they converting Excell centre to a 4,000 bed hospital???

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

citation required

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks like a hefty jump since this morning up to 37258 since this mornings 33033:
www.localsyr.com...

The number of positive cases of coronavirus is 37,258 in the state, which is up almost 6,500 cases from the previous day.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

Its not a rule to allow families to keep their loved ones deaths a secret, its a 'rule' that they 'seem' to need the Families approval before counting the death publicly.
Nuance, but you can't get replies from every family in grief in 24hrs...
I think its buying time.

Hearing that Dr Harries is saying that the UK is "Starting to see bite from social distancing measures" and "we must not take our foot off pedal and in the last few days the public has understood this is very serious and their actions will save lives"

Anyone with eyes in the UK can see this is Boll**ks, and it's waaay too early to get any 'bite'.
Its been what, a few days at most ?
edit on 26-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff and spelling

edit 2 : This tweet explains the Govts decision, a little video from the news with Nicholas Watt explaining.
twitter.com...
edit on 26-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added tweet

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I knew there were alot of dumb idiots in the UK,but I never knew just how many until this virus..its a massive % I am sad to say.
I have witnessed too many people ignoring the distancing and continuing to gather in groups in my rural area in the last few days-mainly just from my window as I am trying to stay in.

Update from my area of North Wales-

Its arrived

An otherwise healthy 47year old man has just died of the virus,alone in his flat in the main town 7 miles from my home.
And the town 3 miles from me has its first case-an employee of a DIY/garden shop(now shutdown)has tested positive.
I was in that shop last week just before the lockdown,and my mum was in that shop 10 days ago.
No doubt there are other undiagnosed cases in that town.
Oh and my sister who works in injury rehabilitation has a client who's son is showing symptoms in the town about 12 miles from where I am.My sister had contact with this lady about 10 days ago.
So it just keeps getting better.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Vermont update: 158 confirmed cases (up from 123 I believe) and 9 deaths (up from 8). 48% of confirmed cases are in my home county.

Just went to the supermarket - first time leaving my house since self-isolating last Thursday.

A lot of items were re-stocked but now frozen vegetables and canned goods were virtually all gone (as well as toilet paper, shocker).

Only saw 1 person with a mask on (surgical, not N95) and plenty of older folks that didn't have gloves on or seem to care about "social distancing". Also one lady coughed and my spouse and I quickly tried to vacate the area and get away from them (not trying to sound mean obviously)

Most interestingly the cashiers all have a fiberglass divider that is in front of them and the cash register to minimize exposure to anyone who may be infected - I was happy to see they had installed those since the last time I went.

Spouse and I spent awhile disinfecting every item before bringing it inside and had 2 layers of gloves when shopping, removing the 1st pair after bringing groceries in the garage to stage for sanitation.

We also strip our outer layers of clothing so we don't bring in unwanted pathogens on our person (hopefully) I'm sure it's an imperfect system but doing the best we can.

Also getting more nervous about my work by the day. I'll hold off on any specifics right now but I have a feeling layoffs are coming down the pike

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Berrien County Mi just declared state of emergency. Just easier to get stuff from the state

www.moodyonthemarket.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Does anyone know if you had H1N1 if it gives you any kind of immunity to this?

No, it doesn't.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
UK have changed reporting times resulting in yesterdays numbers not covering a full 24hr period.

Bad news is 2129 new cases and 102 dead today

edit on 26-3-2020 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Does anyone know if you had H1N1 if it gives you any kind of immunity to this?

I wondered the same thing because I came down with H1N1 HARD at the time but the consensus seems to be that it doesn't seem to impact it either way.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I knew there were alot of dumb idiots in the UK,but I never knew just how many until this virus..its a massive % I am sad to say.
I have witnessed too many people ignoring the distancing and continuing to gather in groups in my rural area in the last few days-mainly just from my window as I am trying to stay in.

Update from my area of North Wales-

Its arrived

An otherwise healthy 47year old man has just died of the virus,alone in his flat in the main town 7 miles from my home.
And the town 3 miles from me has its first case-an employee of a DIY/garden shop(now shutdown)has tested positive.
I was in that shop last week just before the lockdown,and my mum was in that shop 10 days ago.
No doubt there are other undiagnosed cases in that town.
Oh and my sister who works in injury rehabilitation has a client who's son is showing symptoms in the town about 12 miles from where I am.My sister had contact with this lady about 10 days ago.
So it just keeps getting better.

Stay safe everyone.

Oh don't worry they come in all shapes and sizes here in the UK.

I know a woman who is literally as thick as 2 short planks, she is now an inspector in the Police because she went through the accelerated promotion scheme, her having that super useful for Law Enforcement degree of - French language.

Anyway I've really upset her on Facebook (something I go on rarely).

About 2 days ago she posted a comment along the lines of "We've just come back from a lovely "cornavirus free AFTERNOON" ramble across the Malverns (a range of hills in Herefordshire) and when we got home there was this disgusting leaflet through the door about funeral plans. how insensitive."

I said [Hername] - that's what you call targetted marketing.

She's gone nuts - "I'm not F'ing stupid, why don't you think before you say something" etc.

I was going to answer highlighting her "I'm not stupid" and saying - lets just agree to disagree.

But I'd better not.

Anyway - she's the police and she's as dumb as a sack of rocks.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Dry lips anyone? Hearing more and more from clients, students (and their clients) and friends on Facebook. Digging around to see what the cause is and if there is a connection.
I have a client in London with symptoms, but instead of a cough they have hiccups!

Sorry if this is not right place but just wanted to put this out there........

Rainbows
Jane

I got really sick back in January with something that matched the symptoms of this virus and not a cold or flu. I remember I had really dry lips too. I didn't think about that until you just mentioned it but yeah I had to constantly put lip balm on and I never ever use the stuff. They were painfully dry. I also had issues with my eyes being bloodshot so watch out for that being a possible symptom too.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: trollslayer

H1N1 is a flu virus and it is now as one of the viruses we get vaccine against in seasonal flu. Flu has several different types and strains of influenza viruses. Covid-19 is coronavirus and one virus alone.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Worldometer update : French Numbers are in.

www.worldometers.info...

edit: :a 16 year old adolescent has died from Coronavirus in Ile-de-France.
edit on 26-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A more 'Visual' update from coronavirus.thebaselab.com... :

The White bits are countries that haven't reported any official cases yet (Like North Korea, lol).
The numbers are a bit off, since they only update 4 times a day.

A picture's worth a thousand words, so....

new topics

top topics

<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join