It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
A sad milestone this morning.
1001 Americans have lost their lives to corona virus.

😢

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

My cousin is a retired nurse in Queensland and is still in the loop, she says that the Chloroquine is being used for frontline staff in case they get it bad, I would say that's a shot in the arm for the stuff. I would think they would get first dabs if supplies are limited. I just hope they get massive doses of the stuff produced in time.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Good morning. Here's NY's numbers, up againfrom 30811 last night to 33013:
www.worldometers.info...

Here's Johns Hopkins University. Just a little difference in the numbers:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Some international news:

Argentina Source: a young woman was discharged from the hospital after being there from the Friday 13th to Saturday 21st of March. They told her to finish her recovery at home. the testing didn't confirmed she was positive or negative (!?). Thing is the 22nd she had a cough attack, she was coughing blood. Thing is she didn't have pneumonia.

Mexico Source: The president is calling the people to keep going to restaurants with the family to keep the economy going because it's still not dangerous an that he will say when to do quarantine. In another video he asked people to NOT do social distancing, to kiss, hug, shake hands, etc. And that nothing will happen video of course in spanish, from the March 12.

Anyways, now he claims he will start to keep social distancing and stop kissing, shaking hands, etc with the public. Source

And one last bit from Chile I forgot to put on the last gigantic post (sorry about that, this one is also long. sorry) Source: A doctor on national TV claims that we have 14 days to avoid same Spain situation. He said it almost in tears. (Note by me: I think we have less time than that, and maybe time ran out).

I forgot to mention in the other post that in Chile an evangelical church did a meeting and 36 (till now) are infected, more are under supervision. Government made a lock-down of the commune because of this. Source
edit on 26/3/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Up to 16% CFR.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hello. I have been lazy updating about the situation in Finland lately. But since there is some development now, i am going to bring you up to date about what's up here.

So here are the numbers now:

"By 25 March, a total of 880 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) have been diagnosed in Finland. "

"Of the cases reported to the register, 61% are males and 39% females."

"Three deaths caused by coronavirus infection have been diagnosed in Finland, of which two in the Helsinki University Hospital catchment area and one in the Tampere University Hospital catchment area."

And then there is this now:

"Finland is preparing for a wider epidemic. The speed at which the epidemic develops will most likely vary across the country.
The Government, together with the President of the Republic, have declared a state of emergency in Finland due to the coronavirus situation. The measures outlined by the Government will be implemented in accordance with the Communicable Diseases Act, the Emergency Powers Act and other relevant legislation. The measures include the closure of schools, educational institutions and universities, restrictions to public meetings and gatherings, mobility and visits to health care units, and increases to social welfare and health care capacity."

My quotes source are from Finnish institute for health and welfare.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Europe is killing their sick...
Linky

We aren't killing them on the street yet, like China 2 Months ago, but we have definitely crossed the boundary.

I'm guessing after Spain it will be New York and then maybe the UK....

Coming soon.... to a town near you

Stay Safe,

Sam

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
One month ago

Coronavirus

Outbreaks of the novel coronavirus outside mainland China are getting worse. South Korea now has more than 970 cases of the virus. A week ago, that number was 31. Elsewhere in the world, Italy has more than 220 infections, with seven deaths so far, and Iran has reported at least 60 cases and 14 deaths.

More than 80,000 people around the world have been sickened by the virus, and about 2,700 have died.

A mere thirty days ago.
Today cases top half a million And tens of thousands dead.

edit on 3262020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted already but... well it's a long thread.

A resource I just came across. It appears to be specific to the US.

Covid Near You Map

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
‘We’re weeks into this!’ CNN reporter crushes Trump for just now appointing coronavirus ‘testing czar’

Testing is not key.

Protecting those at most risk is key.

Testing just confirms what is already there. It isn't unimportant, but the reality is, wide-spread testing is only going to reveal that this thing isn't nearly as bad as some are claiming.

That reply aged as well as milk. Dunno what bad means to this guy. Disinformation at it’s most ignorant moment.

At least 13 patients have died from Covid-19 at Elmhurst Hospital in New York, a statement from a spokesman said, as one of the hardest hit states sees a surge in cases. The deaths of the patients took place over the last 24 hours, but NYC Health and Hospitals/Elmhurst said in a statement that number is consistent with the number of Intensive Care Unit patients being treated there. "Staff are doing everything in our power to save every person who contracts Covid-19," the statement said.

At least 13 patients have died from coronavirus over 24 hours at a New York hospital

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks. Still showing zero in my city even though it is all around us.
I swear that illness that ripped through here in mid to late January was covid 19.
As soon as they start testing for antibodies I'm getting tested.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
A guy in Belton, MO was going to bomb a hospital because he didn't like the quarantine.

[url=https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_news/man-shot-killed-by-fbi-agent-in-belton-was-suspect/article_a8d435a2-6e3c-11ea-9700-23313c2cd0ba.html]Story[ /url]
edit on 26-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I just got word that one of our guys working in the field (at a hospital) was possibly exposed to coronavirus. A hospital employee in the area that he has been working for the last month has self isolated now after his adult daughter (the daughter lives with him and his wife) has tested positive.
We told our guy to go home and self isolate. His wife works at a nursing home.
It is getting closer to home all the time.
edit on b000000312020-03-26T07:30:29-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 26 Mar 2020 07:30:29 -0500700000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I just got word that one of our guys working in the field (at a hospital) was possibly exposed to coronavirus. A hospital employee in the area that he has been working for the last month has self isolated now after his adult daughter (the daughter lives with him and his wife) has tested positive.
We told our guy to go home and self isolate. His wife works at a nursing home.
It is getting closer to home all the time.

It is pretty much all over now. I don't think we are seeing too many hospitalizations yet here, but we may.

Thing is, the people that have it seem to be going all over the place, doing stuff, instead of staying in. Ugh...

New local cases

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
From the French News Feed

- 07h30 : Russia suspending all internantional flights from midnight friday (9pm GMT)

- 8h09 : First Death in the Gendarmerie (Military Police) in Maisons-Alfort. He was on sick leave for suspicion of COVID-19. He was 51 years old. He had 3 children.

- 8h33 : At least 109 people have died in Ehpad (Medicalised Old Folks Home). These numbers are not included in the official tally. They fear there may be a lot more uncounted.

- 11h03 : London Hospitals confronting a 'Tsunami' of 'Gravely Ill patients'.

- 12h07 : Germany now doing up to 500,000 tests per week.

- 12h16 : Gentleman aged 101 years old, wxho tested positive for COVID-19, has left the Hospital where he was being treated. He is from Rimini in Italy.

- 12h25 : Curfews in BÊziers and Sète increased to 21h - 5h (Didn't know they had a curfew).

- 12h39 : Company 'Les Tissages de Charlieu' fabricating 150,000 Masks daily. 70 Employees.

- 12h56 : Pope tests Negative for Coronavirus.

- 13h28 : China drastically reducing its international flights from Sunday. Chinese and Foreign companies will only be permitted One flight per Week.

- 13h46 : An employee of the Prison OrlĂŠans-Saran, who had signs of Coronavirus, has died. He was 54 years old, and died from Cardiac Arrest at home.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion
Some international news:

Argentina Source: a young woman was discharged from the hospital after being there from the Friday 13th to Saturday 21st of March. They told her to finish her recovery at home. the testing didn't confirmed she was positive or negative (!?). Thing is the 22nd she had a cough attack, she was coughing blood. Thing is she didn't have pneumonia
sorry. Tried to edit but couldn't. She was diagnosed with coronavirus when she was first admitted, to clarify she was not confirmed positive or negative at the moment of discharge. Still I think the important is about she coughing blood even without pneumonia. This thing is serious.

Sorry again guys.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
A guy in Belton, MO was going to bomb a hospital because he didn't like the quarantine.

[url=https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_news/man-shot-killed-by-fbi-agent-in-belton-was-suspect/article_a8d435a2-6e3c-11ea-9700-23313c2cd0ba.html]Story[ /url]

What the heck... Some people are just plain nucking futz.

I mean we are all in this, some are under more restrictions that others. Deal with it. The sooner everyone does their part, the sooner it will all be over.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
From the Guardian Live Feed

- 7.10am (From the Summary) :

- Hong Kong experiencing Surge of Infections, after thousands of residents rushed back amid global travel restrictions.
- Thailand barred entry into the Kingdom, late on Wednesday.
- In Australia, two staff members from a NSWPrison Hospital have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Also in Australia, two cruise ships have been told to 'Immediately' leave Australian Waters.

- 7.57am : Moscow to close all shops except Pharmacies and Food Stores, from the 28th March, to 5th April (Closure includes Bars, restaurants and Cafes).

- 8.37am : UK Prisoner at HMP Littlehey, 84, is the first British Prisoner to die from Coronavirus.

- 9.00am : 1 in 5 infections in Singapore, travelled from UK. Of the 631 tested positive so far, 121 had travelled from UK.

- 10h57am : EU Border management agency has produced a map highlighting level of Travel restrictions in each country :

twitter.com...

1.01pm : France begins evacuating patients by High Speed Train. Four patients per Carriage, with 3-4 Nurses and a Anaesthetist-Reanimator and a Nurse-Anaesthetist.
Pic below from French News Site where there is also a short video of the inside of the train.

The gas canisters will be placed on the seats behind the stretchers, and one side of the carriage is for Nurse seating etc.
edit on 26-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Webcams are so weird to look at right now...

www.skylinewebcams.com...

Everywhere just empty. Birds must be freaking out. So quiet.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

- 7.14am : First Death reported in Indian-Administered Kashmir. 64 year old Man. Recently returned from Religious Congregation outside Kashmir, that also included people from Malaysia and Indonesia.

- 8.47am : Shoppers Empty Shelves in Tokyo after after Warning (MIM, do you have more on this, Pics ?)

- 9.21am : French Deaths may in fact be much higher, only counting people dying in hospitals, but also, Not doing Post-Mortems on unconfirmed cases.

- 9.43am : UK Woman with Brain Cancer has Chemotherapy stopped after being told Hospital was already Full to Capacity.

- 10.46 : USA - 36 year old Man shot while 'Plotting to Bomb Hospital' in Missouri with Vehicle Bomb. This confirms ShortBus's post earlier.

- 12.43am : Scottish Orders for Protective Gear got 'Clogged up'.

They are changing the way they distribute equipment, she says, after the system got “clogged up with huge orders that didn’t get processed because the orders couldn’t be fulfilled”.

- 13.45 : Record Unemployment claims in USA. 3.3 Million people filed for Unemployment benefit Last Week.
Breaks record set in 1982, when 695,000 people signed up.

And this number – as big as it is - doesn’t reflect the full picture. Many people, from the self employed to gig workers to independent contractors, don’t qualify.

edit on 26-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join