It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: Karyotype

This is my hope because where I am... TX... it's going to get very hot very soon and with as many big cities as we have we're looking a HUGE problem in the coming weeks if it doesn't slow down.

Apparently this virus doesn't like hot weather.

The virus seems to be doing quite well in south Florida. How hot does it have to get before the virus becomes uncomfortable?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Put some bleach in that wash water for the dishes.

That doesn't really help if you're already infected.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Franco Fubini, who founded fruit and vegetables seller Natoora Ltd., is used to charging celebrity chefs a premium price for carefully tended produce, like white peaches from Italy, Sicilian pomegranate and Essex heirloom tomatoes. ADVERTISING But in the past week, sales have evaporated. As shoppers empty supermarket shelves of pasta and dried beans, wholesalers like Natoora, which buys from more than 400 farmers in Europe and the U.S., are struggling to sell food that would normally go to restaurants and hotels.

Restaurant Suppliers Are Stuck With Tons of Unsold Food Companies that source food for London and New York’s top restaurants and hotels suddenly have a lot of product they can’t sell.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Prof. Steve Hanke
@steve_hanke
A tragic scene in #Spain: Spanish hospitals are all out of beds and have resorted to treating patients on the floor. If world leaders do not react quickly to get ahead of the #Coronavirus, their countries could soon endure the same fate. #CoronavirusEspaña

video in the tweet

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Prof. Steve Hanke
@steve_hanke
A tragic scene in #Spain: Spanish hospitals are all out of beds and have resorted to treating patients on the floor. If world leaders do not react quickly to get ahead of the #Coronavirus, their countries could soon endure the same fate. #CoronavirusEspaña

video in the tweet

twitter.com...

Sadly, that's not gonna happen. Only Asian countries really know what to expect and even they were surprised. We can think of the worst scenario that can happen and it's not even close of what can really happen ... We all will be prepared for the next crisis, but this one will probably be the one to teach us

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Yeah, I seen that. They did the same yesterday. So who has the right numbers? Johns Hopkins University has NY at 15777.
edit on 22-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Javier Blas
@JavierBlas
·
31m
BREAKING: Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard predicted the U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in 2Q and warned of an unprecedented 50% GDP quarterly drop | #OOTT #coronavirus via @SteveMatthews12

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: baburak

I agree. Things do not look good.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Yeah, I seen that. They did the same yesterday. So who has the right numbers? Johns Hopkins University has NY at 15777.

I think check at least 3 sites, and two of them should be right. I hope.

bnonews.com...

www.worldometers.info...

coronavirus.thebaselab.com...

GiSanddata
edit on 22-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: Forgot BNO

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

a reply to: Karyotype

This is my hope because where I am... TX... it's going to get very hot very soon and with as many big cities as we have we're looking a HUGE problem in the coming weeks if it doesn't slow down.

Apparently this virus doesn't like hot weather.

The virus seems to be doing quite well in south Florida. How hot does it have to get before the virus becomes uncomfortable?

No idea. I was only posting what I had read about the virus spreading faster in cold climates... no idea if its true.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Was strange as dropped by 10k.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I bet he waits until spring break is over then announces a full state shutdown. SC is a poor state and they need as much revenue as possible.

Are richer states on full shutdown?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yes.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Harvey Weinstein positive:

t.co...

McDonalds UK to close all restaurants at 7pm tomorrow UFN:

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yes.

Which ones?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
JUST IN: Disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein tests positive for coronavirus!

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I keep seeing more coronavirus deaths now on Facebook with people posting information.
Thought i'd share one here

Take a look at this photo. This was my Auntie Steph Peart. She was actually like my second Mom. She brought me up as a child as much as my Mom did. She was the most vibrant, beautiful and wonderful souls that you could ever meet. This week, she caught the Covid-19 virus and was self-isolating... Yesterday my uncle (her brother) was dropping some stuff off for her...but she didn't answer the door. She had fallen asleep and unfortunately, didn't wake up. There were only four Peart's left; me, Mom, my Uncle Chris and Steph... Now there are three. We are all beyond devastated. She was truly the kindest woman I've ever met. People say these things when people pass away, but it's the absolute truth.

I'm not really a big social media poster, but I wanted to draw your attention to something very serious...

Steph died of Covid-19, but:

*She had no underlying medical conditions.
*She was healthy.
*She was only 60 years old (and looked amazing for her age - the photo is a very recent one).
*She was NOT what you would call a person in the 'vulnerable' category.
*She was healthy, vibrant and not in anyway 'at risk'.

I, myself, was under the illusion that it was really just 'vulnerable' people that were truly at risk; after all, that's the primary news we keep hearing. When you hear about 'vulnerable' people, you think of frail old dears with a multitude of ailments... People who've had a long life with forty medicines to take each morning. You think that the chances of it affecting you or anyone other than your very ill elderly parents or grandparents are still very slim. You may even think that the societal reaction is a little over the top. After all, it's just 'a bad cold', and old people die of things like influenza anyway so it's not much different to that...

You hear about people in the news that were younger or fully healthy, but with no direct context, and the constant media frenzy, you don't know what to believe. Here, I just wanted to provide context... It's real, and it needs to be taken VERY seriously. Please don't think I'm panic-mongering here, I'm just trying to share how unexpected and close to home this whole thing can be, and how it needs to be taken VERY seriously. Take every measure that you can to stop you and your loved ones from being at risk. Be mindful of any areas that other people may have touched, from pin machines and cashpoints to money and shopping trolleys. There are countermeasures you can take. Gloves, frequent washing, face masks.

Facebook link

There are more and more appearing online.

Also I mentioned yesterday I keep seeing deletions of information online, like 1984 style.
That depressing video that Sky News filmed in Bergamo, Italy in the hospital (with the sci fi style head coverings on the patients) has been taken down! Not sure why, the cynic in me says it is because it is just too real for people to handle or the authorities just don't want us to know the truth anymore.
I keep seeing posts on Facebook deleted, ESPECIALLY ones about children.

Now, if this is some sort of deletion tactic, is it simply because they DO want us to catch it (either for their 'herd immunity' plan) and many of us to die? It just seems like these stories are a good deterrent to stop people going out and mixing and taking stupid risks - and yet they keep getting deleted. Why is this???/

This then makes me think of the media here in the UK. Much of it is focused on the supermarkets. Now it is a HUGE problem here, we have online supermarket delivery and you can't even book a month ahead! It's insane. I used to be able to get a slot the next day if i wanted. So yeah, it's a big story, so i understand the air time. But honestly, there is not so much airtime about the hospital situations, no behind the scenes info (or very little). So is it because they (the authorities/PTB/whatever) want us to go and buy. The empty shelves fuel the panic - people see no food and think - ok i gotta go out and buy in case there's nothing left. And in doing so get infected. ... it seems very little has been done to ensure we don't all get it. The closing of pubs and stuff isn't even enforced properly yet.
I just keep thinking it doesn't make sense. Am i overthinking this??

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I know this isn't news so much, but I just want to follow up on the Pandemic bank holiday season here in the UK... because it blows my mind. I'm trying to get a handle on all the people I see out there living in blissful ignorance. Do they even know what is going on?

All the bikers I mentioned at the start of the day ended up in Matlock Bath and many other popular destinations.
I just found this tweet:-

"Have you seen the pictures of Matlock Bath? It's full of bikers and families, enjoying the sunshine like a normal spring weekend. Meanwhile I'm at home with a feverish coughing baby, and after our 14 day isolation will be back working in the hospital lab."

It is beyond belief. I'm not even sure how you reach these people. There is a whole tonne of shaming going on though with Covidiot! trending here. It still frustrates the living hell out of me all these hours later. If it is the same tomorrow, I'll probably start breathing fire and begin my road sign painting operation. Hope other counties suffer less moronic behaviour.
Anyway, it seems like a small thing, but when the numbers go through the roof here, this will be why.

Spreading awareness is actually pretty important at this point. I might design some printable signs for people to put up in their windows, or on roadsides or something.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Brazil are starting to see higher numbers of cases. Today at 368.

new topics

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join