It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, no i've never heard of that term before or anything.
Sounds about right - I know a lot of our media is censored but the speed at which posts are deleted and things wiped clean is really startling. You only notice if you previously saw it, like you were part of a small group who managed to catch it before it went. Really freaky.
a reply to: saladfingers123456

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

That sounds like my experience with it. So fast as to be beyond human ability to keep up. That makes you start to wonder eh...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

MARCH 22--A woman arrested for assaulting her boyfriend shouted “I have the coronavirus” before intentionally coughing in the face of a paramedic who she sprayed with “copious amounts of saliva,” police charge. Responding early Wednesday to a domestic violence call in Lady Lake, an Orlando suburb, police encountered the bloodied victim. The man, whose nose was broken, told officers that he had been attacked by his girlfriend, LaDonald Shakkie Holmes. The man said he was lying in bed with Holmes, 38, when she “told the victim she wanted to have sex,” according to a probable cause affidavit. The victim recalled that he declined to engage with Holmes “since she is leaving him to get back with her ex-husband.” Rebuffed, Holmes became “very agitated at which time she ‘round house kicked’ the victim in the nose and then punched him in the nose,” cops allege. “That resulted in the victim’s nose breaking, the victim then started bleeding all over himself and the residence.”

More madness. Of course it’s in my state

CrimeFelony Rap For Coughing In Face Of Paramedic Police allege Florida Woman, 38, shouted "I have the coronavirus"

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It is good that it is still there and I have found someone else reposting it on YouTube as well.
My issue is not just that it was deleted per se, but because it was on local UK media e.g. Sky - it was seen LOADS and was being shared an awful lot which really was surprising to many in the dark who havent been following this much at all. It was having an effect on people especially on Facebook which has a wide reach, and so for Sky to remove it was really interesting.
BBC so far as I know havent been inside an Italian hospital yet.

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think someone mentioned we haven't seen the dropping down in the streets with COVID in the west yet, the same type that were commonly videod from China (I can't find his post, sorry):

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I wonder if we are going to see more of this? Hopefully not...
edit on 22-3-2020 by HallowedEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Dallas County Shelter in Place
www.dallasnews.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 23h45 :

USA to install Field Hospitals in California, Washington, and New York States.
A total of 4000 Beds will be provided.

For reference, The field Hospital being set up in Mulhouse in France houses 30-odd beds.

www.20minutes.fr...

(going to watch 'The Stand' now, haven't seen it before...Have watched 'Threads (1984) a few times tho)
edit on 22-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Read the book, the movie doesn't quite capture the intensity.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

These pressers are not a SNL skit they are real. 4D chess I tell ya.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
I just saw this shared on FB

I have been admitting patients to critical care and this is what I tell them: Your lungs are failing so we believe it would be in your best interest to take you up to the critical care unit, send you off to sleep, pass a tube down your throat and put you on breathing machine until your lungs heal which might take days or weeks(or maybe never) and before taking them up i suggest they call thier families to let them know whats happening (say their goodbyes because they might not get another chance) over the phone because they are not allowed visitors. People are dying alone without having their loved ones to hold their hand, hug, kiss or even see them. I wish people would appreciate how horrific this is.
Protect youselves and your loved ones by staying at home.

www.facebook.com...

This is terribly sad. But him saying they will 'send you off to sleep' made me remember a Sky News interview yesterday with a doctor in scrubs who was at the London hospital that had a critical incident.
He talked about 'putting patients to sleep' quite nonchalantly and hadn't heard that is what happens before.
I assume this normal procedure? I suppose as a non-medic I didn't realise this is what happens. It sounds so sad and it seems like if you get to this point based on the data we have seen, that you don't recover. Awful for doctors and medics.
Will repost this again as it's from Dr Jack - working in a busy London hospital- and it is quite harrowing.
www.youtube.com...

Yes it is entirely normal to put someone to sleep in order to ventilate them. If you were awake your reflex would fight the tube. There are relaxant drugs given as well. Scary stuff. I would imagine a lot of younger ones will come back from ventilation. In Italy I don't think they are tubing over 60s now. Just devastating.

Is anyone following the coronavirus Bill that UK MPs are dur to vote on? Why do they need those draconian powers for 2 years. I feel these press stories are priming us to accept it. I do feel we need stringent measures but it will be illegal to protest for 2 years?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae
www.dallasnews.com...< br />

Thats odd,

I thought from the experts here at ATS that only sanctuary cities are sheltering in place.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Also here in Illinois our governor decided to get into a stupid yelling match and now I guess we as United States citizens are just screwed here in Illinois. I didnt hear the president name not one thing coming to Illinois from the federal govt. You know for Chicago.

Way to go Pritzker, way to bite the hand that feeds.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Fearmonger

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 00h00 and 00h21 :

"Republicans fail to persuade Democrats to vote for 2000 Billion Dollar rescue Plan for the US Economy".

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : Look out for the US Stock Market tomorrow. They're predicting a drop.
edit on 22-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae
www.dallasnews.com...< br />

I'm in Collin County so I'm not included in that. YET.
It seems you can still go to a park and walk your dog.

Frisco has reported its 11th coronavirus case. Looking out my window I see residents visiting with each other and kids running around. They have no idea what's coming.

***The Stand is far better as a book than as a movie. I couldn't stomach the movie. I actually rarely like any of Stephen King's movies, although I did enjoy The Mist.
edit on 22-3-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: Karyotype

This is my hope because where I am... TX... it's going to get very hot very soon and with as many big cities as we have we're looking a HUGE problem in the coming weeks if it doesn't slow down.

Apparently this virus doesn't like hot weather.

The virus seems to be doing quite well in south Florida. How hot does it have to get before the virus becomes uncomfortable?

150-180F they are not really sure if summer will make a difference this time. Hot and humid is supposed to slow down airborne transmission. Sunlight could help but we’re talking direct exposure for awhile. UV light would probably take 15 minutes with direct light, not sure about sun. It stinks.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am absolutely livid I've been forced to come into my office today.
While the whole firm was told to WFH, I'm considered essential and must come in - even though I can do my job from home.

My manager still thinks this is hype and it isnt that bad... so because he is in, i must be.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Sent you a PM to prevent Thread drift

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Also here in Illinois our governor decided to get into a stupid yelling match and now I guess we as United States citizens are just screwed here in Illinois. I didnt hear the president name not one thing coming to Illinois from the federal govt. You know for Chicago.

Way to go Pritzker, way to bite the hand that feeds.

What was it about. You can PM me if you want.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
What's all this about? No wonder Brits aren't taking it seriously.

Coronavirus chaos at UK borders as up to 7,500 visitors arrive in Britain from the three nations with highest death tolls in last week... and flights from Italy, China and Iran are STILL landing

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Planes have arrived in London from Rome, Beijing and Shanghai every day this week. Direct flights from Rome are also still due to arrive next week. The route between London and Rome has remained open despite British Airways, easyJet and Ryanair cancelling all flights between Italy and Britain.

Iran Air is still operating three flights a week from the capital Tehran and in the last seven days three Iranian aircraft landed at Heathrow.

On Saturday two Air China flights from Beijing and a China Eastern jet from Shanghai landed at Heathrow, while a flight from Shanghai arrived at Gatwick. This afternoon, a flight from Imam Khomeini International Airport in Tehran, is due to arrive at Heatrow Airport at around 3pm this afternoon. At least 16 flights landed at Heathrow from Leonardo da Vinci International Airport in Rome since March 15. A further three are due to land today. Since last Sunday, 11 Air China Dreamliner jets landed at Heathrow from Beijing Capital International Airport.

Unbelievable

new topics

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join