It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 99% Percent of U.S. Covid-19 Victims Classified as Mild - What Entities Benefit From Hysteria?.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Note that the estimate is for 20% of those hospitialized and requiring intensive care to be under 40 years old and well more that half are under 60. The latter seems to be in line with the experience of France and the Netherlands.

It's not an encouraging study. A comparison of two strategies;

Given that mitigation is unlikely to be a viable option without overwhelming healthcare systems, suppression is likely necessary in countries able to implement the intensive controls required. Our projections show that to be able to reduce R to close to 1 or below, a combination of case isolation, social distancing of the entire population and either household quarantine or school and university closure are required(Figure 3, Table 4). Measures are assumed to be in place for a 5-month duration.

It seems administration is operating on the suppression model.

edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It seems administration is operating on the suppression model, out of necessity due to the state of our health care system.

Agreed, there is not much else open to us at this time due to the lack of any effective pharmaceutical intervention. I mean, we could go the, "do nothing," strategy that the OP seems to imply we should take, but then what?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

but then what?

According to the study, ICU capacity gone a few weeks or a month from now and 2.2 million deaths before it's over. Extend that date if you like, reduce the toll some if you want. It's not good.

I think maybe the administration saw this study too.
edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I think maybe the administration saw this study too.

Or had access to similar information from internal data as the study was only published a couple of days ago:

16 March 2020 Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team
DOI: doi.org... Page 7 of 20

In such scenarios, given an estimated R0 of 2.4, we predict 81% of the GB and US populations would be infected over the course of the epidemic. Epidemic timings are approximate given the limitations of surveillance data in both countries: The epidemic is predicted to be broader in the US than in GB and to peak slightly later. This is due to the larger geographic scale of the US, resulting in more distinct localised epidemics across states (Figure 1B) than seen across GB. The higher peak in mortality in GB is due to the smaller size of the country and its older population compared with the US. In total, in an unmitigated epidemic, we would predict approximately 510,000 deaths in GB and 2.2 million in the US, not accounting for the potential negative effects of health systems being overwhelmed on mortality.

For an uncontrolled epidemic, we predict critical care bed capacity would be exceeded as early as the second week in April, with an eventual peak in ICU or critical care bed demand that is over 30 times greater than the maximum supply in both countries (Figure 2).
emphasis mine

link in prior post.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Or had access to similar information from internal data as the study was only published a couple of days ago:

Or they had pre-publication access.
Nah. That couldn't happen.

edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be an issue though if the disease sticks with you forever, like herpes. I mean so many kids vape now, I can't imagine how many will have respiratory problems by 50, and if they still have corona, wouldn't they be in that " At-risk " age. Curing a virus is damn near impossible, it's a living thing, however vaccinating a virus is much more simpler. That won't do anything if everyone has it, and if everyone has it one way or another it'll result into complications at some point in their life. Also what the hell are kids are gonna do for the next few months. K-12 schools are closed for the rest of the year, not to mention everything else in florida is as well, beaches, restaurants, clubs, movies, parks. Some places are on curfew such as Miami.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SirSparky

Curing a virus is damn near impossible
Our bodies do it pretty well except, as you point out, in some cases.

My body "cured" me of measles when I was a kid. My body has "cured" me of a couple of flu variations.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Been lurking for 8years on here..... this “pandemic” has sparked my curiosity. Now I will not wholly say it is a sham. However I research deeply in all that I read/believe..... www.worldometers.info..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.worldometers.info... If you notice the cases in Us under active; you will see only 1% are critical. Some members mention the recovery is lower than deaths.... BUT if you use your common sense and look to see. For example if I had symptoms and “self quarantined” and “RECOVERED” that statistic would NEVER make it to the board..... BUT...... ALL deaths ARE recorded; thus making it impossible to see this from any angle except “apocalyptic” UNLESS you research and use your brain. Thanks and this has been my first of MANY posts.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Perhaps cases which are now classified as mild, can get worse?

And most people understand that testing is now inadequate to arrive at any absolute conclusions. Most people understand that statistics which employ relatively low numbers are not really reliable. But we do have other countries to look at and testing should be increasing.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Apologies, you're absolutely correct. I was referring to a medicinal cure for a virus. a reply to: Phage

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Only time will tell the deaths and “active” however a HIGH number of recovering or people that have it and didn’t know in the first place will never show in the statistics..... just a thought...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
Been lurking for 8years on here..... this “pandemic” has sparked my curiosity. Now I will not wholly say it is a sham. However I research deeply in all that I read/believe..... www.worldometers.info..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.worldometers.info... If you notice the cases in Us under active; you will see only 1% are critical. Some members mention the recovery is lower than deaths.... BUT if you use your common sense and look to see. For example if I had symptoms and “self quarantined” and “RECOVERED” that statistic would NEVER make it to the board..... BUT...... ALL deaths ARE recorded; thus making it impossible to see this from any angle except “apocalyptic” UNLESS you research and use your brain. Thanks and this has been my first of MANY posts.

It becomes more obvious by the day that the U.S. media has/is/will over-hype CoronaVirus-19 in the USA, in order to incite panic, market falls, layoffs, drop in GDP, and just plain old fear....all the things we're seeing that are WAAAAAAAY out of proportion to the 155 people in America who have died due to Covid-19, dating all the way back to January 21st, when the first case was identified in the United States.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Increased testing will provide more information. Information is good.

It's also good that you don't call it a sham. There's too much of that.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You're really losing it, man.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I’m on the same page; fear is the ultimate weapon. One that can only be fought with wisdom, truth and perseverance.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SirSparky

Those are somewhat rare.
But even HIV can be brought to undetectable levels with medication.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I said “while I WONT call it a sham” numbers and patterns do not make the “puzzle” complete
edit on 19-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yes I know. And I said it's good that you don't call it a sham.
What's the problem?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

No problem; we have enough of those already..... I’m just trying to get this from every available angle. Have a great night and everyone stay vigilant and safe

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Probably a silly question, is it possible the coronavirus could remain inactive within cells and re-activate another type of infection in the future similar to varicella zoster? I’m aware that’s a species of Herpesviridae however Virology is not my strongest subject.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join