It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Patient Zero in Italy Was Pakistani Migrant Who Refused to Self-Isolate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

If this story is the real truth of matters; I imagine this young man might be in a lot of trouble.

If not by some legal prosecution chain of events... (I don't know how Italy handles cases like this.)
The "angry public" might want to have a "talk" with him too though! Can anyone say mob lynching???

This person was obviously being selfish, or certainly in the "wrong mind set" when he refused to self isolate...sigh.

Coronavirus Patient Zero in Italy Was Pakistani Migrant Who Refused to Self-Isolate

The man believed to be coronavirus patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant refused to self-isolate after testing positive for the virus and continued to deliver food.

Health authorities asked the man to quarantine himself at his home in the Pavia area for two weeks, but he ignored the request and continued to work at a Chinese restaurant.

He then compounded the risk of spreading the virus by making home deliveries of Chinese food.

Authorities were alerted to the situation and the military intervened to return the man to his home.

This nonchalance attitude taken by this person concerning this virus made me realise a few things on a recent ferry ride here in Oz.

I was listening to folks on the ferry talking about their planned holidays in the coming weeks etc.

Most folks in Oz have to plan well ahead for their holidays. Book the time with their employers, make reservations WELL in advance, etc.
So this darn virus pokes its ugly face into the world society.... and these people are NOT interested in cancelling, or rescheduling their holiday, or even making it a holiday inside the country. In other words where no air travel to dangerous airports and destinations would be involved.

Nope, these folks are going on holiday to Thailand, or whatever come hell or high water. They seem clueless about the exposure they would subject themselves to at this point in time.

So, don't be surprised if you hear of it breaking out in Oz too.... due to a similar scenario as this news story from Italy.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

Why would he be given a choice?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Hi Occamsrazor04; I suppose that might be the "obvious" question in this matter huh?

Got me Occam, on why he was given a choice...

Perhaps, at the time of his being verified as being tested positive; the "official" request was to self isolate. My thoughts were he tested positive but wasn't very sick per se'. So the authorities saw no need to send him to a hospital for isolation maybe???

Maybe he promised them he would self isolate, and then thought "F" that.... I gotta make a living too you know?

For some reason the poor Italians seem to maybe have some genetic weaknesses in some area, that allows this virus to hit them extra hard? Another group that seems extra exposed due to genetic traits appears to be the Iranians too.

As this darn virus gets more prolific, and the case numbers start climbing in large steps; the "authorities" are going to get more and more tyrannical.

Someone in the same situation and testing positive in todays "pandemic" scenario, probably wouldn't be told to self isolate, but locked up in a isolation building somewhere until they tested negative and cured. Just speculation on my part here.

Darn good question Occam...

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
He might be the sacrificial lamb. The CoronaVirus wasn't identified as such until January 7th. I smell a rat.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I work from home for stating the truth about unfortunate circumstances. This means I still have much value but it upsets the living hell out of people so they stick me in a corner and tap me on the sidelines on what to do.

Unlike most, I have been to Pakistan. Spent much time there. What I observed first and foremost; people living in dirt homes, about 1,000 plus years behind civilization. They do however have TV and cell phones.

Very dangerous cocktail. Their eyes are opened by technology but that technology is not geared toward explaining the why and the what of self-isolation.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Good points stupidsecrets, well said.

It was my "gut feeling" that his refusing to self isolate was influenced greatly by his cultural background and upbringing.

He probably grew up in a very "stressful" world. And to get ahead, survive, etc.; involved doing things that people from our modern western society would not do normally.

It is hard to explain, but I understand your dangerous cocktail statement. I have seen this behaviour of sorts here in Oz from immigrants from a more difficult world.

For example, I had a wonderful friend from India, great worker, SMART too, and a heart of gold.

He got pulled over for speeding by the police. He told the police that he couldn't have been speeding, and that IF he was, it was the CARS FAULT.....

Because he had the cruise control on! That was his excuse, and he was adamant about that fact.

Blew me away.... He of course still got the ticket and heavy fine....Ha! The police told him valiant effort on trying to influence outcome of stopping him but it wasn't going to fly, and suggested he contact the car dealership on how cruise control really works..

Sadly, he passed away 2 years ago from a heart attack whilst he was on holiday... it was one of many amusing stories we shared at his wake when celebrating his influence in all our lives.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Well it could come down to, why should he suffer, lose his job and get kicked out onto the street for the sake of others, or should I say for the greater good.

There are likely no contingencies in place for him so he likely had no choice but to keep working, if measures were put in place to keep sick people from working in industries like the food industry these things wouldn't happen.

This is one of huge flaws in paying minimum wage to these kinds of workers.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well it could come down to, why should he suffer, lose his job and get kicked out onto the street for the sake of others, or should I say for the greater good.

Because he is the one who got sick.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Sure look at it this way, if the greater good doesn't care about him why should he care about the greater good.

Or another would be if you got sick would you sacrifice yourself for the sake of everyone else?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure look at it this way, if the greater good doesn't care about him why should he care about the greater good.

Or another would be if you got sick would you sacrifice yourself for the sake of everyone else?

Which is why it boggles the mind he was given the choice to self isolate and cause this problem.

Answer, yes, I would expect to be force quarantined and would approve of it.

He could have set up a GoFundMe and made 10x more money from it than his job while keeping people safe.
edit on 5-3-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'll play the devil's advocate... How did someone from Pakistan get it first? How did they even think he had it and not a cold? What symptoms did he have for him to even think he had anything other than a simple flu. Ground zero is most likely ground 10,000 by the time they actually detect the "first" one.

edit on 5-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hello hope....

I go back to my reply to stupidsecrets, it is "probably" based on his culture, upbringing, and trying to get on in his new found culture he immigrated into.

Yep, he might have lost his job.. Those type of jobs usually don't have sick leave benefits, etc. So, probably compelled to keep working for survival mode instincts.

It is also a personal attitude and respect, or lack of respect for the country you have immigrated into.

I immigrated to Oz, became a citizen of Oz and love my new country very much. So, if I were to be told, or severely requested to self isolate; you can bet I surely would.

This is out of a love for my country, and not wanting to contribute anything MORE to the problem with this virus. Yeah, it would be a burden financially.... but I do care more for my fellow citizens than my pocketbook.

Poor example perhaps, but I hope you see where I am coming from.

Whether conceived, or created, the facts are this virus is being used?, or was created in a lab, it is still causing great strife for so many people in many areas. Stock markets, pension funds, jobs in general, etc.

The societal chaos isn't going to settle down until this virus runs it course.

Regardless of how people may feel about it; they need to do their part to get through it now that it is bloody everywhere.

This young man was not a team player.... where he came from team players probably aren't real successful...

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I want to say it's an education thing, but we have morons here too

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Hello Xtro, perhaps you missed that in the news article...

He was tested as being positive to the virus... he KNEW he had the bad virus going around.

He was told to self isolate, for obvious reasons, but refused, or obviously decided otherwise, for whatever reasons.

And apparently per the article he is looking at jail time, although 3 months seems awful minimal in light of how serious this virus problem is becoming.

How did he get it first? Who knows, but someone in his condition sure was spreading the virus big time.. A super spreader they have come to call them. Kinda like a typhoid Mary..

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Hey there Arnie, yep.... next thing you know someone would be calling you a racist or some such nonsense.

Education is correct, but in many aspects of that word too. Societal education, or what is reasonably expected by the society you wish to live in..for one small example.

Thanks for your input mate.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Your source is highly questionable, OP.
Please provide supporting evidence.
Italy has no reports that I can find that pinpoint a patient zero.

That site is a conspiratorial site. With an Infowars slant.

Turns out the author of your source is a former editor from Infowars.

edit on 6-3-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Not quite what I was getting at, if you had a choice to self quarantine and in doing so lose your home your job effectively ruining yourself would you choose to do that for the greater good ?

In saying that yes of course he should have been quarantined, giving people the choice is mental, they should have quarantined him and given him concessions so he didn't lose his livelihood in my opinion anyway.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

To be fair I think a very small percentage of the population would be a team player in this situation, when it comes down to it people are motivated to act for self preservation.

I think there needs to be a big change in our society going forward if we are to survive these plagues for lack of a better word. There needs to be safety nets put in place to protect both workers and the rest of the public.

Not to mention there are complete nutters out there that would intentionally spread the virus and are far more of a concern than some dude just trying his best to survive.

It's a messy situation that's for sure and is likely going to have a large impact on our way of life.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Your source is highly questionable, OP.
Please provide supporting evidence.
Italy has no reports that I can find that pinpoint a patient zero.

That site is a conspiratorial site. With an Infowars slant.

Turns out the author of your source is a former editor from Infowars.

Regardless, it's an interesting conundrum.

Do minimum wage workers in the food industry have an obligation to self quarantine to avoid spreading their illness.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Everyone is obligated, however being symptom free but contagious early on presents a problem also.

In the US, I worry that people will not self quarantine, due to $$ issues. Lack of sick time etc.

And it won’t be immigrant scapegoats, as presented in this bogus thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join