It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus in Moscow: Situation Goes Out of Control as 20,000 Infected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: rickymouse

I was not born with a full deck of DNA at birth. Never found out until I was 45. I have a mitochondrial disease on the Protein end. Meaning my body cant digest protein among other things. The toxins from it enter the blood stream and your (CK) and Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK) elevate comparable to a person having a heart attack as your body starts to attack your muscles and they enter the blood stream. You get the daily head to toe body aches, pain and infections. Daily. Its like having the flu, daily. My mind blocks it out. I am in shape and am not a fat guy.

The Cleveland Clinic prescribed their "cocktail" of vitamins for me. It consists of 100MG Vitamin C, 800MG Vitamin E, 400MG COQ10, 200MG Vitamin B6 and a baby aspirin daily. I have been on it for almost 20 years. It helps. I am limited to 40grams of protein daily. That's tough to do.

So I keep an eye out on this other stuff. Doctors did say with me exercising I can go into my late 80's. Playing sports probably saved my life as the weak can die from it.

Did it result in a sort of fibrosis in your lungs or something, scarring of the lung tissue?

My heart is perfect. I total cholesterol perfect. The result from the 2005 situation has left a type of seizure on the upper portion of of lung. Daily, it feels as if an elephant is sitting on op of my chest. I have had CAT scans Cardiac MRI, stress test with radioactive iodine and all checks out perfect. I am in good shape. To see me you would never know. I just block it out mentally. I am on NO painkillers. Just the vitamins and three inhalers from the 2005 thing. I also shoot hoops thee times a week and lift weights.

I say fook it all and keep going. I do not feel sorry for myself. Just pissed off. I am not a drop to the knees and pray for mercy kind of guy.

One of those inhalers probably contains acetylcysteine. or N-acetylcysteine...NAC. That supplement is actually good for some people who have some lung issues. NAC and taurine are similar chemistries, our bodies turn one into another with a few enzymes. So both have some antiseizure properties. My chicken and beef soups are antiseizure too. Now, the soup helps my muscle spasms more than the taurine or NAC does, but both the taurine and NAC work to some extent.

Most genetics just explain what enzymes you make or don't make well. COPD is actually caused by an enzyme gone wild that breaks down collagens for remodeling. That enzyme can be moderated by eating more collagen sometimes...so Jello...or it can be moderated by eating a proteinase that destroys that enzyme, another medicine is made to boost certain enzymes but you also can just bromelain supplement used systematic. But that would have to be discussed with a doctor that knows your condition and I am not sure if many doctors are trained to know what I do know. But one who does have an interest may actually look it up or may have already investigated it.

I am not giving medical advise just letting you know that there could be more natural options some of the medicines you take are doing. Ask your doctor about this, it does not hurt to ask, he may know how these meds work and might discount this because your condition could be different than what I am talking about.

I have studied CPK, I have some of the markers for that in my DNA but mine do not seem to be active enough to be a problem for me. I like some of the supplement choices from the Cleveland Clinic, boosting B6 will increase taurine creation in the body and calm things. Most things they prescribed have calming properties of nerve signals, I can use those all to control seizures to some point, but I learned how to stop the breakdown of those long ago, actually according to my genetics I can naturally have a too high amount of Q10 because I make a lot of a certain enzyme that can cause way too much of it in my body. I got a doom and gloom feeling when I took a supplement of that years ago so researched Q10 and genetics when I had my dna done. I wish I had had the full genome so I could narrow it down more, right now I can usually just find out if there is an increased or decreased risk associated with things.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

That's exactly the line of thought the government's around the world have.
It's also why we don't know the full truth and extent of this virus.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
if the morbidity and mortality of this virus was " a problem " - then we would see a death rate to reflect that - we dont - ergo - .....................

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Apt moniker...

Have you not considered the officially reported numbers are fudged way down to prevent mass panic.

What do you think would happen around the world if China released real numbers like 500M infected, 15M dead?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Thanks, my CPK was arond 1000 when I went to the Cleveland Clinic. Now its at the extreme upper level thats acceptable.

Since 2015 I now see Dr. Fran Kendall who is just outside of Atlanta:

VMP Genetics History & Mission VMP is the brainchild of Dr. Fran Kendall and her husband Michael Kendall. Dr Kendall is a renowned expert in genetics for over 25 years and former founder and owner of a successful genetic laboratory & clinical practice. Our mission is to extend the reach of rare and specialized healthcare to an under served population while retaining the best of old fashion medicine. We do this through direct patient care, education outreach to healthcare professionals, and support services to hospitals and institutions utilizing readily available and cost effective technology.

Her next test would exactly point out what my DNA issue is to possibly treat it better. The test costs just under $8000. My Health Care will NOT cover any portion of it.

GeneDx

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Thanks, my CPK was arond 1000 when I went to the Cleveland Clinic. Now its at the extreme upper level thats acceptable.

Since 2015 I now see Dr. Fran Kendall who is just outside of Atlanta:

VMP Genetics History & Mission VMP is the brainchild of Dr. Fran Kendall and her husband Michael Kendall. Dr Kendall is a renowned expert in genetics for over 25 years and former founder and owner of a successful genetic laboratory & clinical practice. Our mission is to extend the reach of rare and specialized healthcare to an under served population while retaining the best of old fashion medicine. We do this through direct patient care, education outreach to healthcare professionals, and support services to hospitals and institutions utilizing readily available and cost effective technology.

Her next test would exactly point out what my DNA issue is to possibly treat it better. The test costs just under $8000. My Health Care will NOT cover any portion of it.

GeneDx

You can get your whole genome done for under a grand some places, and that comes with access to all the snps. You would have to know what snps are needed to determine that but it is possible to get that information from SNPEDIA and some other places. But then a person would need to know how to evaluate exactly how much the information effects you. It has taken me lots of research to determine how to interpret how relevant it is. Also, you must consider other enzymes that are deficient that cause that and they have not evaluated a lot of things yet. And of course the RNA building blocks they recently in our body that are utilized to make the DNA also need to be considered as somewhat important they have found. It is not just the sperm cells that determine gene expression they have found, it is also the fluid both the sperm and egg are in.

I think that DNA and RNA will someday be able to be a pancea, but diet alters how our DNA is expressed, methylation has a big effect on it. The metabolic state of the cells also is influenced by diet and that effects how much enzymes in the cells are created too.

Some things like Methylation and some Chronic diseases have been studied well, as have the pharmacuetical side effects. But there are many alternate pathways that have to be considered when analyzing that kind of genetic relationship. I have many genetic methylation pathways that are troublesome, and some of those pathways have other pertinent pathways that are boosted so I do not get sick. But my diet has to be different than another person or I have to avoid certain types of meds to keep healthy. One mans medicine is another mans poison.

My biggest problem is a bloodmaking problem in the third step of the seven steps, I make blood about half the rate and meds that block folate are bad for me. Some of the epileptic meds I am intolerant to screwed up folate metabolism, I cannot use the synthetic folic acid for blood making, nobody can, that has to be folate. Now folic acid will keep down homocysteine levels somewhat in most people, but my enzymes to convert folic acid or vegetable folate to MTHFR are restricted too. So I need to eat more meats containing it or supplement folate and avoid drugs that dampen folate metabolism to calm a person. Those drugs are usually classified as anti-metabolites to some extent, some more and some less. Some foods are also anti-metabolites too. Now if you eat lots of those anti foods, you will eat way more overall, and still take out the sugar, you might not be able to use it properly though. Junk foods contain lots of kinds of these anti chemistries because they also keep bacteria from growing, and bacteria also need folate to grow.

I am not impressed with the narrow mindedness of the pharma industry, I thought they were much better at what they do. Yes, some improvements have been made, but greed is driving the industry, they spend more promoting their products directly to consumers than they spend on research these days. There are some companies that are really trying to do good things, but the majority of the pharma companies are just trying to make more money for their CEOs and officers.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Thanks let me look into.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Thanks let me look into.

The main snp associated with that disease is rs11559024

That is not the only snp involved, milder associations are of a lesser problem I guess. I have the normal snp TT in that, no deletions or insertions or a C that results in more problems. Strangely on Livewello it shows that twelve percent who ran that gene app have the C. whereby only one percent of people have a c. But then think about it, if you have been told you have a problem, one of the first things you would do is look for that snp to see if it is pertinent. Or think about this, why do people do livewello, often because they have some health problems that they want to figure out, why would a perfectly healthy person want to do their DNA to look for problems?

I just have ancestry data, but they collected that gene. The gene is recessive to be a problem, so having two copies is pretty rare. You need two copies of C to form a serious disease, but if your body gets taxed, sometimes the first T does not protect you well. So homozygous is way worse than heterozygous.

When I looked into this with other genes, I do have some problems with the CK, but like I mentioned, I do not seem to have symptoms of it being a problem, at least none that I recognize as a problem.
edit on 6-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join