It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus in Moscow: Situation Goes Out of Control as 20,000 Infected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

utter twaddle - can they control the world diplomats - foreign press business travellers etc etc - who all have currently unrestricted travel - and independant communications

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Can't find anything to say there's been more than two cases. 20,000 have been scanned so far in the monitoring according to Russian health watchdogs which may be the source of the confusion.

originally posted by: Freeborn
It really is beyond my understanding why some people seem obsessed with turning anything and everything into a pro/anti-Trump issue.

Viruses vote and pandemics are hyperpartisan don't you know.

While we may live in a country where the PM sticks his todger in dead animals I'm glad it's not debased enough where political point scoring is seen as more important than science and public health.

edit on 3-3-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

(post by face23785 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

because we don't trust communist dictatorships to tell the f'ing truth.

because hospitals are just now testing for covid19 in the USA, and even then the hospitals themselves are not in charge of tests, they need to make their case to a 3rd party lab and have the samples sent out.

because the first round of test strips were faulty.

because everyone keeps saying quarantine, and then letting people out

because it has a 14-30 day incubation period, therefore about 50,000 people have been infected a month ago and wandering around infecting others

because of china's insane overreaction to a "bad flu".... SARS was a "bad flu" and we saw none of this.

Actions speak louder than word.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

States like California have chosen not to test for Cov-19. The CDC provides guidelines on who should be tested, and it is up to state and local officials to do testing. California was refusing to do it.

Right now, it's up to state and local health departments to decide whom to test. The CDC provides clinical criteria to health care professionals for determining whether someone should be classified as a person under investigation for COVID-19.

www.npr.org...

We requested COVID-19 testing by the CDC, since neither Sacramento County nor CDPH [California Department of Public Health] is doing testing for coronavirus at this time.

www.npr.org...

Trump does not control California state departments. He does not decide CDC criteria. And he definitely is not responsible for the test kits not working as intended.

We get it, #OrangeManBad and Corona is all his fault like everything else.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

WOW!!!!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced. This topic is about Russia, not the US, and not Trump....

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Tue Mar 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The article states 2 confirmed cases.
And they were both Chinese.
How does 2 become 20,000 ?

Sounds an awful lot like the 200 cases in Georgia hoax.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

At that time I contracted a severe respiratory infection on a Delta flight from Amsterdam.

I got badly sick on a transatlantic hop as well. There are some nasty bugs in the jetliners.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Searched all over the internet and I can't find any source - regardless of reliability - that states there has been more than two confirmed positive cases in the whole of Russia - both Chinese nationals.

Latest news is they are doing random tests on the Moscow Metro system.

You got to think though..2, I don't buy that for a New York minute, not saying there is anything close to 20,000 though.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

At that time I contracted a severe respiratory infection on a Delta flight from Amsterdam.

I got badly sick on a transatlantic hop as well. There are some nasty bugs in the jetliners.

it's too bad they got rid of smoking on flights. air filtration was so much better then. but the worst problem is they don't really clean aircraft properly. you are lucky if they actually pick up trash from the floors and seat pockets. forget about actually cleaning and disinfecting all t h e germ filled surfaces where people are trapped sitting for hours.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The article states 2 confirmed cases.
And they were both Chinese.
How does 2 become 20,000 ?

Sounds an awful lot like the 200 cases in Georgia hoax.

Both the Op's links mention 20,000 cases in Moscow, while both also said that it was thought there were only two cases, that of Chinese people.

Other than that it is a site emulating Pravda dot com.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

20,000 tested and two found to be positive seems more likely.....at present.
I'm sure the numbers will steadily rise.

Testing people's temperatures at Metro stations seems to an uneducated simpleton like myself as nothing more than an exercise designed to calm peoples fears and show something is being done rather than actually doing something constructive.....not sure exactly what they could be doing though.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Freeborn

Correct on your other sources. But they still wrote and launched it. I wonder whther thestory is only for foreigners or wtherth their citizens can read it.

Why, its simply weird. This is what I wrote to another:

I am not disagreeing with you. They were stone quite for three weeks then this pops? I thought the entire article is weird. Why would they write that? They headline 20,000 then toss out other numbers. However, at the end of the day its one of their huge news agencies and the article is still up. Are they reaching for outside help or are they trying at what. I am trying to be Commie INTEL KGB man but cant think of their ulterior motive and how it would benefit them. Or could simply be a bitch slap to their own to get in line as they do drink quite alot and are in general, unruly. I don't know.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The article threw me. At this point I have no idea what they are trying to covey, say or write. Could it be they have truly "lost it" ?

Here's another perspective but its from Taiwan on China:

Like a cornered animal, the Chinese Communist Party is lashing out at everyone Recent irrational actions show a regime that has lost control and is teetering on the brink

1. It is very true that China has been lashing out at everyone except the Russians. I have been checking several Chinese newspapers for 2 months and it has morphed into a front page lash out at everyone, on a daily basis along with rants about racism. I thought it was odd.

If the above is somewhat correct we could be seeing something in Russia. Putin just make a comment to his citizens to:

Putin urges protestors to obey rules as rallies can descend into chaos and riots Putin stressed that the law allowed critics to express their point of view by means of public demonstrations, for which permission had to be obtained first

Riots? That article was in Tass, the official newspaper of Russia.

Who knows WTF is going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

That's retail. Now if you have NO health care you can get a coupon and pay less than my co-pay which is just over $200 per refill on my health plan. At 6 times a year it adds up to some coin. But, the stuff works. I havent been wheezing thus 2019-2020 year in bed. First time since 2012!! Typically I start in late November. I sound like a harmonica.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Very much so. Including many with tuberculosis according to my doctor. My job since 2008 is basically domestic USA travel and no foreign travel.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Its the pricey spray stuff. An inhaler.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You need to understand Russian people. They would not run to the doctor at first sign of trouble. They would stay home, try traditional medicine, then vodka, then Banya then and only then see a doctor.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join