It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus in Moscow: Situation Goes Out of Control as 20,000 Infected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Atsbhct

Its the pricey spray stuff. An inhaler.

I honestly feel horrible for you. A lot of people in the diabetic community take diabetes supplies to people in the states at cost, and if I could get cheap flovent to you, I would.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Everyone comes down with something after flying, same as cruising.
I believe no one - not the officials, not social media, certainly not the government. I don't need to know. Just looking out for myself. Keeping it clean and avoiding people who appear sick. What else can you do? The only thing I have to laugh at is the fact that this is all coming down in an economic fashion just in time for debates and rallies. I say just keep your eyes open, keep taking your meds and pay attention to the very small stories that usually go unnoticed. Ya find the truth in the most unusual places right? I'm throwing my hands in the air and waving them from here to there like I just don't care. Go on about your business.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Wow, I wonder what happened to make you so much more susceptible to getting infections. Did your lungs and lymph nodes get damaged, if I remember correctly, one of the lymph glands on one side is in one lung and on the other side it is in the bronchial tubes. I can't remember off hand why the difference, but there is supposedly a reason why that is from what I read.

Did it result in a sort of fibrosis in your lungs or something, scarring of the lung tissue?

Sounds like you need to try to stay away from diseases more than the average person. I know a few people who have that fibrosis and they get a really bad breathing time when they get sick from something.

Us seniors tend to talk about all this kind of stuff when we play cards or go to the senior center and compare notes while eating the senior lunch. Tomorrow is Turkey inner, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and also a veggi and roll with coffee. I might go to that one with the wife, there will be some great conversations going on there, I can see how the seniors are holding up. There is also a pharmacist coming in for a talk about supplements that can help seniors stay healthier, he is one of those pharmacists who can custom make particular vitamin combos for customers. I might even be able to learn more if I go....My wife said I cannot get carried away with talking about what I know. I actually get in really good conversations with people like that, I know a lot about most stuff, so when I get with someone like that we are constantly comparing notes...which kind of embarrasses the wife because she hates when I share the thunder. I like discussing things with professionals, we both learn from each other. And we both gain from the discussion usually. I have learned a lot of things from these kind of people. There are people out there that think they know everything, but that trait is not confined to professionals, in fact the ones who have a real lot of knowledge realize they can learn more.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: vonclod

20,000 tested and two found to be positive seems more likely.....at present.
I'm sure the numbers will steadily rise.

Testing people's temperatures at Metro stations seems to an uneducated simpleton like myself as nothing more than an exercise designed to calm peoples fears and show something is being done rather than actually doing something constructive.....not sure exactly what they could be doing though.

Yes, I could see that, taking temp is probably about it, if the # tested is 20,000, I doubt it could anything other than that. I'm not sure any country even has that # of proper tests.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The numbers are being hidden world-wide! Even in the U.S., not joking. In the U.S. the numbers are being "hidden" due to complete incompetence with testing. I don't think it is on purpose - it is just that the current government is entirely oblivious to the reality of this situation and didn't take testing seriously.

This is how my state (Washington) has had community spread go undetected for 6 weeks! If you are in the U.S., watch out, I guarantee the same thing is going on in other states besides mine.

The virus has even reached my small town with community spread, and my good friend may have come down with the virus and even infected me, I am awaiting his test results.
edit on 03pmTue, 03 Mar 2020 23:45:08 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Stay safe my friend, for most this is a nothing burger, but there are people in serious risk. I would hold up for a while and let this pass, lots of home delivery. I wonder if Tamiflu would help? For me it is Bourbon and dry sauna 190F, but then I'm very healthy.

edit on 3-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The numbers are being hidden world-wide! Even in the U.S., not joking. In the U.S. the numbers are being "hidden" due to complete incompetence with testing. I don't think it is on purpose - it is just that the current government is entirely oblivious to the reality of this situation and didn't take testing seriously.

I don't think they are being hidden on purpose, they just do not know. People can be contagious and never have a symptom all Typhoid Mary like. I live in Washington state BTW.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Us seniors tend to talk about all this kind of stuff when we play cards or go to the senior center and compare notes while eating the senior lunch. Tomorrow is Turkey inner, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and also a veggi and roll with coffee.

Just how old are you...lol

I'm 59 and my birthday is May 1, so as long as I get it before then I'm good.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

all the fear stems from the lack of any factual information coming from any authorities other than 'wash your hands'. in that vacuum people speculate. maybe speculating should be criminalised? i'm sure it's being considered.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Pravda is notorious for being a propaganda machine of the russian government.
A story like this , targeting a western reader may well read as:
"Don't trust your government" in order to influence the US elections.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't think they are being hidden on purpose, they just do not know. People can be contagious and never have a symptom all Typhoid Mary like. I live in Washington state BTW.

This is true! Didn't I say that it wasn't on purpose? But in the U.S., their incompetence led them to have testing requirements that were way too strict. People had to show symptoms and have travel ties to China -

Whereas, looking at the data myself, I can easily see that you can carry this virus asymptomatically and even infect people asymptomatically. Not only that, these days, travel to China is irrelevant, and in Washington State, has been irrelevant for the past six weeks according to data.

Other nations, especially South Korea (which has less resources than the U.S.) have managed to do enough testing to potentially contain the virus if they work exceptionally hard at it, although it still doesn't seem likely.

In my town in Washington, we have already had a case of someone contracting the virus in the community who has no ties to international travel and has not been around anyone with ties to international travel.

It is a good thing the testing requirements seem to have been loosened over the weekend! My good friend just got tested for COVID-19 because he has been showing severe symptoms, and a week ago, they wouldn't have tested him.
edit on 04amWed, 04 Mar 2020 00:25:49 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 04amWed, 04 Mar 2020 00:27:41 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

This is true! Didn't I say that it wasn't on purpose? But in the U.S., their incompetence led them to have testing requirements that were way too strict. People had to show symptoms and have travel ties to China -

Whereas, looking at the data myself, I can easily see that you can carry this virus asymptomatically and even infect people asymptomatically. Not only that, these days, travel to China is irrelevant.

In my town in Washington, we have already had a case of someone contracting the virus in the community who has no ties to international travel and has not been around anyone with ties to international travel.

It is a good thing the testing requirements seem to have been loosened over the weekend! My good friend just got tested for COVID-19 because he has been showing severe symptoms, and a week ago, they wouldn't have tested him.

Did he have it? The problem is we are not a communist country that can lock down 40 million in a town with troops. I hear the test is not really easy to do also.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is true that we are not communist, which means we will also have quite a lot of trouble containing the virus compared to China once it reaches those levels. Even so - I am glad because China has been a bit creepy!

But you don't have to be communist to liberally test people in order to have an accurate picture of the situation, which would help with containment efforts and contact tracing.

I'm not sure if my friend has it or not, I will know in 1-2 days.
edit on 04amWed, 04 Mar 2020 00:30:04 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 04amWed, 04 Mar 2020 00:30:33 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 04amWed, 04 Mar 2020 00:30:47 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
Pravda is notorious for being a propaganda machine of the russian government.
A story like this , targeting a western reader may well read as:
"Don't trust your government" in order to influence the US elections.

Do people know that China has basically bought Politico? They have also bought Wired magazine, two past favorites of mine.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

But you don't have to be communist to liberally test people in order to have an accurate picture of the situation, which would help with containment efforts and contact tracing.

I'm not sure if my friend has it or not, I will know in 1-2 days.

I'm not sure what it means to "liberally test people" do they have millions, 10s of millions of testers? IDN

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
I'm in WA too, it's getting weird, social patterns are changing already for us 60+. I see WA was able to diagnose due to more tests than the CDC allowed because a local flu project called it 'research'. Makes me wonder if it's a lot more widespread but we won't know until hospital entries go up.

Local benefit: traffic may lessen.

Xtrozero: May 1 for me too! Mayday! Mayday!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Agree, thanks. I am compromised so my bunny ears are up.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I was not born with a full deck of DNA at birth. Never found out until I was 45. I have a mitochondrial disease on the Protein end. Meaning my body cant digest protein among other things. The toxins from it enter the blood stream and your (CK) and Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK) elevate comparable to a person having a heart attack as your body starts to attack your muscles and they enter the blood stream. You get the daily head to toe body aches, pain and infections. Daily. Its like having the flu, daily. My mind blocks it out. I am in shape and am not a fat guy.

The Cleveland Clinic prescribed their "cocktail" of vitamins for me. It consists of 100MG Vitamin C, 800MG Vitamin E, 400MG COQ10, 200MG Vitamin B6 and a baby aspirin daily. I have been on it for almost 20 years. It helps. I am limited to 40grams of protein daily. That's tough to do.

So I keep an eye out on this other stuff. Doctors did say with me exercising I can go into my late 80's. Playing sports probably saved my life as the weak can die from it.

Did it result in a sort of fibrosis in your lungs or something, scarring of the lung tissue?

My heart is perfect. I total cholesterol perfect. The result from the 2005 situation has left a type of seizure on the upper portion of of lung. Daily, it feels as if an elephant is sitting on op of my chest. I have had CAT scans Cardiac MRI, stress test with radioactive iodine and all checks out perfect. I am in good shape. To see me you would never know. I just block it out mentally. I am on NO painkillers. Just the vitamins and three inhalers from the 2005 thing. I also shoot hoops thee times a week and lift weights.

I say fook it all and keep going. I do not feel sorry for myself. Just pissed off. I am not a drop to the knees and pray for mercy kind of guy.

edit on 4-3-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

My health coverage is just over $200 co-pay for it. So its $1200 per yer. I am fine as I held decent paying jobs with decent health care my entire life. I m not heavy into cookies, cakes, sweets and surgery drinks nor do we each out alot so that covers the cost.

What we do eat at home is good stuff. We both know how to cook well. I also make sauce for pizza from a 180 year old recipe from Europe which was our great great great grandmothers. We then cook it on an outdoor grill at 600 degrees or hotter. Pizza is excellent as we finally found decent mozzarella cheese again after 20 years. We use New York style pepperoni. That's the 1" diameter, deep dark red stuff. I can only have a few per day as I will pay for it later.

You go on and love life. Block out the pain. I have all kinds of interests ongoing including another business startup in a year.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: rickymouse

Us seniors tend to talk about all this kind of stuff when we play cards or go to the senior center and compare notes while eating the senior lunch. Tomorrow is Turkey inner, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and also a veggi and roll with coffee.

Just how old are you...lol

I'm 59 and my birthday is May 1, so as long as I get it before then I'm good.

I play pinnacle with older people every Thursday evening, so we discuss sicknesses and health conditions a lot. They call me Doc, because I was originally going to school forty four years ago to be a doctor before dropping out. I have always done a lot of reading on nutrition and healthcare since then. What they said was unhealthy years back is now actually not a problem once unbias research was done. Because I have always had an interest in healthcare, most of my relatives and good friends have talked to me about their problems, this information is family history or history related to a specific genetic pool, most are Finns or swedes. Most all of it is far northern European, although I have had some old Italian friends too, their diet shares similarities but is different than the Finns.

I am only sixty four, but my wife is a couple years older and we have been going to the senior center for about three years now to eat occasionally. A nice meal for six bucks, can't beat that price. They have soup and sandwich and your drink for five bucks.....it is actually pretty good mostly homemade soup too. It also includes homemade cake...out of a cake mixed though. The profits all go to support the senior center, so it is like donating to a non-profit organization. My youngest daughter and her workers go for lunch there too, if there is extra they sell it to anyone, usually the only ones that go there are friends or relatives of the seniors that go there to eat.

At fifty nine, you should look into your local senior center, most times they are decent people working there, they also have some assistance programs that seniors can utilize. I can still shovel my snow and mow my grass, so I am not going to use those services till I need them. The wife and I can still clean the house and cook, but someday it may not be that way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join