It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go or not go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The Travel Industry Association reported today that cruise bookings are down a HUGE 95%. That could change, but right now people are erring on the side of caution.

If a cruise is cancelled by the cruise line, pre-paid passengers will get a full refund.

Check to see if it's cancelled, before cancelling yourself and taking a big $$ hit.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Suranwrap200

It hasn't been in that area... but your co-passangers are, will be from around the world on any cruise.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Not a chance I would go on a cruise right now. The virus being less of a concern than the being stuck on a plague ship scenario. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

DONT GO

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If you are employed or others in your party are, can you afford risk losing your job over be delayed from work if you quarantined, regardless if you actually get sick or not? Also, babies are at risk of severe complications or death with things like this and I don't understand why you would even risk it.

Is the trip worth more than the risk of severe illness? See if you can get your trip moved or cancelled and refunded. You need to move quickly on your decision because if you wait too long, you may be out of refund options. Go next year or something. Flying and cruising are no go zones IMHO at this time unless it's an emergency.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't go travel right now no matter what type of transport.
I hope you can get a refund

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Go.

Live your life, enjoy your family.

Diseases come and diseases go.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Live your life, enjoy your family.

Funny... billions of people do that every day without ever going on a floating charnel house. Live your life, enjoy your family, be smart and don't take needless chances.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

*shrugs*

Sure, for the price of the cruise, they could by a smoker, have excellent meals, purchase toys/gifts for all family members.

To each their own.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Not me, but my dad, in April to Singapore and then Australia.

Well my parents have discussed it, and so far full-steam ahead.
In his 70's and just got a clean bill of health.

That could still change however.

But thinking the swine flu was a big scare, then we almost had no water in Cape Town and other family members also wondered, and we wondered - should they come? And they visited and all bearable.

Besides with our crumbling public health system and so forth, if it kicks in South Africa, I'm not sure whether being here is in any way preferable to those countries, from a treatment perspective.
edit on 29-2-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Suranwrap200
At the end of March my family and I will be taking a cruise from Florida to Cozumel.

Since i live in fl i say you go and take the trip , just make sure the cruise returns to California and not fl. ;-)

Good luck, if you can get your money back i would plan on a different trip. Likely nothing will happen but why test it.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Since clearly the world has succumbed to cowardice, I will gladly accept any unwanted Cruise line tickets for those who's spines have turned to jelly and balls shriveled back up into their abdomen.

Spring break is coming up. Anybody want to donate their tickets?? If it makes one feel better, just call It population control and consider me a volunteer. Just laugh at me as I walk into my doom.

Now, send in the tickets please!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For myself? No worries.

For a kid, or other family? The answer is no.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Book a trip now, you may have the entire boat to yourself!!

Odds are good nothing will happen, but why take a chance with your family.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Someone I work with was mentioning wanting to go on a cruise for his week+ vacation. I looked at him like he was crazy and said, "now"?
I'm not as panicked about Kung-Flu as some, but common sense is a great aid to survival, or... at least... not being quarantined on a cruise ship for weeks that isn't allowed to dock anywhere, which is the #1 thing I'd worry about. Not the virus itself, but the quarantines.

Chances are low, but the risk is there.
Personally, I wouldn't go, but on the other hand, why let COVID-19 ruin your fun? If you're willing to run the risk of a quarantine, go. If not, stay home and enjoy yourselves. Go for a hike. Play board games.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Would you go? Does anyone have vacations upcoming vacations and what are your plans?
I can't advise you, but since you asked what I would do...… I wouldn't go. However, I wouldn't go on a cruise # in the best of circumstances.

Six months ago I had plans to fly to the U.S. to visit my Dad. I have put those plans on hold for now. It is the international airports and close proximity to careless strangers that gives me pause.

ETA: LOLOL! Cruise SHIP was what I meant to say. Freudian slip.
edit on 1/3/20 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Since clearly the world has succumbed to cowardice, I will gladly accept any unwanted Cruise line tickets for those who's spines have turned to jelly and balls shriveled back up into their abdomen.

Spring break is coming up. Anybody want to donate their tickets?? If it makes one feel better, just call It population control and consider me a volunteer. Just laugh at me as I walk into my doom.

Now, send in the tickets please!

You literally on the first page said you have a policy of not traveling anywhere outside of the US.........

Now that someones erring on the side of not exposing themselves or family to illness given a very apparent large scale outbreak that has yet to reach its full potential, is a coward?

Theres an old saying about bravery and stupidity

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If my theory is correct it won’t matter. Like most other flu it is my hope this epidemic will burn out as the weather warms, time will tell. You can always cancel at the last minute.

Heat doesnt seem to be a problem with how its behaving in Iran.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Me.a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hey buster, you don't know what kind of scam I'm working so just let me keep working it ok... Yeah??
Now, I have these amazing Cruise packages ilined up for you and your family. I'll trade them for your riding lawn mower and two TV's at least 50 inches.

If you'd like more, I can also use some welding gear and a new chainsaw.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join