It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just a video of CCP using bioweapon-like decontamination procedures in city streets...

Twitter Jennifer Zeng

“But it’s just the flu.”

We might have the Corona virus flu but whatever happened in Wuhan is not the virus.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
To break up the panic, here are a few laughs:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

I literally just pictured Jack Nicholson yelling, "You can't handle the truth."

We aren't in hindsight. We're in it now and can already see and read from reputable communicable disease sources that identifying and isolating those with potential exposure is important to controlling this crisis.

I'm not cool with coverup and I'm not asking the patient's identifying information be made public. HIPAA isn't stopping officials from testing contacts. HIPAA isn't stopping officials from alerting people to where this patient has been in the public. Has he dropped his kids off at school? Has he been to a rock concert (shout out to Tool and New Zealand sorry), has he been to dinner at a local restaurant?

I will not excuse the U.S. for covering up details that may be vital to the public that are available and not being shared. And I will not excuse the completely inadequate efforts and misinformation that have come out of the CDC and federal leaders.

We can handle the truth.

Peace. Sorry for the bluntness.

edit on 7-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NbdySpcl

originally posted by: underwerks
Maybe I didn’t have it. This is weird. About 30 minutes after I posted my symptoms here last night they just vanished. I was so sick yesterday I couldn’t even eat the soup I made for lunch and I was seriously considering going to the hospital. Headache, fever, sweating and freezing, sore throat, trouble breathing, congested. Worse than any flu I’ve ever had. And then I was sitting on my couch with a blanket wrapped around me and it was like someone flipped a switch.

My nose unclogged. My fever vanished. And the entire “sick” feeling that you have when you have the flu was completely gone. All of a sudden I got ravenously hungry, made a turkey burger, ate it and I felt normal. WTH?? What kind of flu lasts less than two days and then you’re completely fine? Usually it’s a gradual improvement over a week or so before I feel normal. Not this time. Within the space of 10 minutes or so I went from deathly ill, freezing and sweating with a fever to completely fine. I’ve never had anything like this happen in my life. I was expecting to be out of commission for at least a week. But other than a little congestion I feel completely normal.

I’m not complaining, but WTH? I took some supplements yesterday and a bunch of Vitamin C but I don’t think any of it could have caused such a drastic change.

Hi ATS! I'm a long time lurker on this site and I never really felt compelled to add anything, mostly just liked reading the UFO stories.... until now.

Underwerks, what you are describing sounds very much like my experience the past 3 weeks.

On Friday February 14th I started to feel ill suddenly in the evening. I had a mild sore throat and just felt unwell. That Saturday and Sunday I was worse with very low fever, chills, body aches, headache, and I thought I was getting the flu except for the strange dry cough. Sunday evening I felt pretty good except for the cough. My fever stopped which was very low anyway. I stayed home from work Monday as a precaution. The cough remained but it wasn't constant hacking or anything, just here and there, but everything else vanished. The rest of that week I went to work. I washed my hands very often and I always cover my mouth with my elbow like people should always do. I still felt a little under the weather but didn't have symptoms so I just carried on and shrugged it off.

Fast forward to Friday February 21st it all started again, only this time a little worse. This time around I noticed shortness of breath which I have never experienced ever in my life. (I'm 42 years old, Male, no underlying health issues) Again, that Sunday night I felt better and again took off of work Monday as a precaution, and again went to work the rest of the week. The cough still present and shortness of breath every once in awhile.

Last week on Thursday February 28th it all started up again, this time worse than the last 2 times. Everything the same. I stayed home from work Friday. My fever went away again Sunday and I again stayed home from work Monday. The following days I went to work, the cough was still infrequent but the shortness of breath stuck around. I would walk down the hall and just couldn't catch my breath. Trying to go to sleep I felt like I was struggling to breath a bit and I was starting to get worried.

This past Thursday March 5th everything vanished again. Poof! Shortness of breath gone. A cough here and there but that's it. I feel completely fine now. Everything gone like a switch was flipped.

Also, just to also point out, the entire time above I went nowhere except work and the grocery store at midnight on Saturdays when no one is there. Other than that I have been a hermit. I haven't stopped to see my Mom for weeks who is in her upper 60's as a precaution.

Another thing I will add is my girlfriend (shes 29, Female, no underlying heath issues) was also dealing with the feeling like she was sick, the same timeline as me, but she never got a fever, cough, body aches, or shortness of breath. The only thing she had was a sore throat the first day each weekend and a headache.

We both feel like maybe we did have this bug. The whole thing was super strange. It never really felt like a normal flu or cold that we've all had in our lives. If we did have it what we went through was pretty mild in the grand scheme of things and if this is what most people are getting it is not surprising they aren't going to a doctor and being tested. I never felt I needed a doctors care but if the shortness of breath had continued or gotten worse I would have. We wouldn't have been tested anyway because of the guidelines for testing.

By the way, we live in Southeastern Pennsylvania. At my work of about 330 or so people I don't see anyone sick at all. Where she works there's about 30 people and none are sick. The few trips to the grocery store and the very small amount of people we've seen there none have seemed sick.

Anyway, thank you for listening and for the loads on information I have soaked up over the years.

I seriously hope it doesn’t come back like what you’re describing. What a weird virus to ebb and flow like that. I’m going to clean my house and disinfect everything just in case I might be reinfected.

Whatever this is, I think it’s more widespread than the authorities want to admit. And how it behaves is really weird.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Video's like these are legitimately frightening.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
South Coast Uk here.

I wonder if my family has had this virus. Few weeks ago my wife had a horrific cough real bad fever and headaches nausea etc. My kids have since had it, as have I.

Hers went away for a few days then Out of the blue came back even worse.

I still dont feel 100%. Still have a bit of a cough.

Thing is, literally everyone I work with has had this, was quite surprised with how many were ill. I wonder if many of us have already had the ‘first wave’ as such. Seems too coincidental to me to just be common cold.

Who knows?
edit on 7-3-2020 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Hi don't know much about this stuff. But if it was airborne, wouldn't it have spread a lot faster than it is?

Scary stuff 😕

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
First US Service member in Europe tests Positive for the Virus (Italy).

From BBC Live Feed at 17h16 GMT

www.bbc.com...

edit :
Also, Italy's numbers are in, and its grim.
+1247 for the day.
They've surpassed Iran in total number of cases and deaths.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey
South Coast Uk here.

I wonder if my family has had this virus. Few weeks ago my wife had a horrific cough real bad fever and headaches nausea etc. My kids have since had it, as have I.

Thing is, literally everyone I work with has had this, was quite surprised with how many were ill. I wonder if many of us have already had the ‘first wave’ as such. Seems too coincidental to me to just be common cold.

Who knows?

Sup neighbour, did my pm come through? Hope you just had the normal cold/flu, I'm not liking these repeat cases, 😕

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: KingDoey
South Coast Uk here.

Who knows?

Sup neighbour, did my pm come through? Hope you just had the normal cold/flu, I'm not liking these repeat cases, 😕

Hi mate

Yes it did. I did reply not sure if you got it. I am literally a mile and half from you in Parkstone

Small world hey!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We have seen how bad this can get on a couple of cruise ships now. What will happen to the Navy's of the world, if ships start becoming infected?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
From another post to the boards a bit earlier. Wanted to share it here as well.

Close contact can occur while caring for a patient, including:
being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) of a patient with COVID-19 for a prolonged period of time.
having direct contact with infectious secretions from a patient with COVID-19. Infectious secretions may include sputum, serum, blood, and respiratory droplets.
If close contact occurs while not wearing all recommended PPE, healthcare personnel may be at risk of infection.
CDC Link

Any ATSer can easily read between the lines: If you stand next to an infected person for 13 milliseconds ... you've got a 6-in-10 chance of becoming infected.

How easily the virus spreads
How easily a virus spreads from person-to-person can vary. Some viruses are highly contagious (spread easily), like measles, while other viruses do not spread as easily. Another factor is whether the spread is sustained, spreading continually without stopping.

The virus that causes COVID-19 seems to be spreading easily and sustainably in the community (“community spread”) in some affected geographic areas. Another CDC read-between-the lines 'admission'

A possible difference: COVID-19 might be spread through the airborne route (see details below under Differences).Hopkins Link

Fact: The size of COVID-19's smallest particles are 0.06 microns, and the largest are 0.14 microns.
Fact: The size of Measles is + or - .12 microns.

It's airborne ... whether your government wants to share that openly with you or not.

Thanks for posting that! I have been saying it's airborne for a month. There's no other way to explain how fast it has spread.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Just a video of CCP using bioweapon-like decontamination procedures in city streets...

Twitter Jennifer Zeng

“But it’s just the flu.”

We might have the Corona virus flu but whatever happened in Wuhan is not the virus.

Exactly! Watch what they do (willingly cripple the economy via quarantine, burn cash, disinfect like this is Captain Trips) not what they say.

Countries do not act like China or Iran (releasing 54,000 prisoners) on a lark.

Best case is that what we have is different from what got introduced at Wuhan.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: asdfa

Magic is in Japan and he was referring to the situation there.
The suggestion is Nuclear power plants need to more informed and workers in critical area's getting proper information because unlike schools factories you don't just turn off the lights go home for a few weeks at a power plant.

There must be more to the virus that flu like symptoms because the money trail doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
a reply to: Deplorable

Hi don't know much about this stuff. But if it was airborne, wouldn't it have spread a lot faster than it is?

Scary stuff 😕

It is spreading like crazy.

But ... if you don't get tested ... you don't have it ... LOL.

Coronavirus: White House concedes US lacks enough test kits

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm definitely noticing how many people have been posting about getting sick with something very unusual. This has been over the last day or two. Yikes!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
I'm definitely noticing how many people have been posting about getting sick with something very unusual. This has been over the last day or two. Yikes!

This crap coursed through our workplace. People were sick for an average of 10 - 14 days.

Since there were no COVID-19 test kits, we just "had bronchitis ... or the flu". At least no one died that I know of.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Germany is at 800 cases, +130 for the day.

www.worldometers.info...

edit :
From the BBC Live Feed : 13 US Citizens stuck in a Hotel near Bethlehem due to Coronavirus lockdown.

17h39 GMT :
www.bbc.com...

edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2
Exactly.
No one said anything about shutting down the power grid, just nuclear power plants, which if unmanned or severely undermanned, represent a danger to far more than just people in the plant or the immediate vicinity.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

I am thinking that maybe the reason the authorities are saying not to worry. They already have the Intel saying that 18% of the US's population either already had it or is in the process of suffering through it.

I would love to see the real intel these people have.

I get the feeling that the old , "it's bad, but it's not that bad", is coming from the higher ranks os probably accurate and they got the numbers to back it up.

But that doesn't change the fact that countries are shutting down and cities are being shut off from the world.

It just doesnt add up.

new topics

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join