It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 240
<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: asdfa
He is a union member, says he can’t be fired for it.

Sure he can. All bets are off when you've used all your sick days and there's a state of emergency. Hope he likes driving an uber

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

LAX chief says CDC did not reveal health screeners who got coronavirus

Officials at Los Angeles International Airport learned for the first time that a health screener at the airport tested positive for coronavirus through a press release Wednesday and not from the Centers for Disease Control...

This is so irresponsible. CDC needs to be working WITH businesses and not leaving them to find out critical info from a news conference provided to the general public. How can LAX help identify passengers who likely came into contact with these screeners? How can the public feel safe when businesses like LAX are left in the dark when they could be proactive, if given pertinent information. This does not promote trust in the CDC and how they are handling things.

If I may say so myself, and I'm not trying to be rude here,

If you believe anything at all coming from the CDC then people should be out there licking handrails and bathroom stalls.

It is quite obvious that the administration has been completely holding back vital information and not being transparent with the facts.

If you even believe any of the scrubbed and filtered information coming from these mouthpieces, then we should just believe everything coming from China.

These people are more worried about keeping their jobs and patting each other on the back to save public face than they are about telling the public the truth.

It is obvious to those who look at it from outside of the comfort zone.

They are more worried about the economy and the investors keeping the old boat floating than they are about a "few" people catching a virus and possibly dying, because after all, it isn't that bad and most people are old and have UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITOONS. (Sarcasm indication).

I am so sick of hearing that.

It is nice to know that if we ever have a super serious pandemic that will wipe out the populations, we are all screwed, because I don't believe absolute anything coming from the government.

This crap should be causing serious uproar, but it hasn't seriously impacted enough people yet.
edit on 7-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: asdfa
a reply to: butcherguy

Ask him if he plans on abandoning his post

He says he isn’t going to abandon his post, he will just call in sick.
And get this, he isn’t even sick. A guy that he works with has kids that were possibly exposed at school, so he is going to call in sick for a couple of days.

I have a friend who knows someone at a TX plant and they are discussing their plan to self isolate. No plant wants to be the one to have an outbreak that leads to a major power outage.

I'm sure they already have an SOP for that, just need to dust it off. Probably some cots in the storage area.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don’t know, he seems comfortable with what he is doing. I’m not calling him again to ask him details about his collective bargaining agreement with his employer.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I don’t know, he seems comfortable with what he is doing. I’m not calling him again to ask him details about his collective bargaining agreement with his employer.

Most people are, just before they get fired. There's lots of uber drivers out there that can tell you how comfortable they were at their previous jobs.
edit on 7-3-2020 by asdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

I just found this on the BBC News website:

Dozens trapped as China quarantine hotel collapses

Rev

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: underwerks

Geez, I don't know but you need to seriously rethink everything you did to mitigate your symptoms in case you stumbled upon something we ALL would like to know.

I hate to say it, but that crazy conspiracy about the 5G turning this virus on... sounds like they turned yours back off.

So glad you're feeling better. Keep taking your Vit C and do everything you can to not relapse, my friend!

I was drinking green tea all day and I took Vitamin C, B-12, B-1, B-2, B-6, beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA, Bacopa Monnieri, and a heaping dose of Kratom. Pretty much everything I had in my cabinet that could make me feel better. And of course Advil for the fever.

I’m not sure any of that would have led to all my symptoms just vanishing like they did though. Not going to lie, one of the first things I thought about was a remote control virus. Imagine if there was a virus made out of nanobots or maybe half organic and half technology that could be released and then turned off at will..

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
UK here, I think I may be just getting over this.

Saturday 15th February I went to bed feeling a bit tired but otherwise fine. I woke up suddenly at around 3am desperately struggling to breathe, I actually debated whether to call an ambulance but decided to try to put it off in case it turned out to be nothing (I actually had heard nothing about Corona at that point). When my daughter got up she gave me a spare inhaler to try and it helped enough that I decided to just go see my GP on Monday morning (doctors closed all weekend here).
By the time I got to see the doctor, alongside the struggling to breathe I had a fever, chills, lack of appetite, blocked nose, lack of energy and a cough so bad that it was taking away my voice and causing constant pain in my ribs.

The doctor told me that I had Laryngitis and I should go home, get plenty of rest and fluids, and that if I was no better in 3 weeks to go back. At this point I still have a cough but I'm feeling much better than I was.

If it was something contagious like Corona, I can pinpoint the exact day I caught it as leaving my house is a very rare occurrence for me (PTSD and anxiety issues). Before getting ill I last left the house on Sunday 2nd February, so it had to be then.

As a side note, way back at the beginning of January I ordered something from Amazon from a private seller in China (I know i know, didn't know about Corona then). On the 18th January, the tracking updated to say it has successfully cleared UK customs and then nothing after that, it ended up being declared lost on 13th February. A friend of mine also had the exact same thing happen on the same day.
Wondering if imports have been halted?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: MrRCflying

Agreed. As posted yesterday, We now have a case in my city, Indianapolis. The Governor and health officials trotted out a news conference lauding the fact that the person who returned from Boston had taken precautions when being tested. Called ahead, etc. The entire news conference focused on his two-hours dealing with Community Hospital North and how careful everyone was.

Officials shared words like "we need the public to be patriotic." Whatever that means.

It's now been 24 hours. This patient returned from Boston last week. Are we to believe he didn't leave his home once since returning until confirmation of Coronavirus late this Thursday night into Friday? Officials are severely dropping the ball. How long does it take to 1. Say he was at the same Biogen conference in Boston as the other confirmed cases 2. Share his flight information 3. Alert the public to where he has been in public since returning? Local media and officials have shared none of that information 24 hours later. Who's not being patriotic?

In the news conference and in every single news story I've seen locally, coverage of coronavirus is coupled with coverage of the flu. It's deliberate.

The White House is saying the president's actions have contained coronavirus while scientists are saying the opposite. (Thanks Kellyanne Conway *eyeroll*.)

I understand not wanting to incite panic but covering up details that can alert other people they may have been exposed before they go visit their own grandma in the nursing home this weekend is the least patriotic thing we can do. Just my opinion.

*Back to stewing about how screwed we are.

Thank you for all you are doing to bring truth to light on ATS. You are appreciated. Lead on.

You can only do so much. HIPPA is in place. Unless they suspend HIPPA for anything related to this virus, it's going to be an uphill battle.

If you don't have enough test kits, no need to track everyone down. By the time enough kits are available to start testing people in masses, it will be wide-spread and they will just be doing general testing anyhow.

If you don't have enough masks for everyone, you can't give out masks.

Most people will have symptoms and think they have the flu and never see a doctor. What you don't know, won't hurt you.

What they really need to do is to come out and say... if you meet XYZ criteria, then you should go see a doc, otherwise, don't worry about it.

It's a balancing act for sure. Hindsight is always 20/20. If you go all crazy like China did, then people will be mad and upset. If you use caution and step back and see how it plays out, people will be mad and upset.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Good. I hope he gets fired. Don't need people with that kind of work ethic manning mission critical systems. Better to identify and remove the weak links now, before there's even really a threat.

How would they know he is not sick? unless he is tested every day, for what 14-21 days, how are they going to know?

If he is sick and spreads at the plant, then what close it for days until decontaminated and hope no-one else got it?

So the night crew do a hand over to the day crew, the day crew hand over to the evening crew.,,,,,,,,,

1 person is sick but still comes to work because "not a weak link" how long before 20% or more are effected and operation is in jeopardy?

If they don't start explaining why the reactions around the world are so severe for a flu, then how are you supposed to defend against it in your neighbourhood?

in this link newspaper article on Canada's 1st community infection

The patient had originally been diagnosed with influenza by her doctor, but a subsequent test on her samples turned up positive for Covid-19, Henry said. The infection was caught as a result of British Columbia’s system of surveillance of all flu patients.

Does that happen in your Area?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueSwan
As a side note, way back at the beginning of January I ordered something from Amazon from a private seller in China (I know i know, didn't know about Corona then). On the 18th January, the tracking updated to say it has successfully cleared UK customs and then nothing after that, it ended up being declared lost on 13th February. A friend of mine also had the exact same thing happen on the same day.
Wondering if imports have been halted?

I ordered something from China as well back around Jan 6th. It was originally scheduled to be delivered on Jan 27th and was held up at Post Office Distribution in Chicago area. Then after the 27th, the tracking just showed it stuck there with no arrival date anymore. I figured they were holding onto the boxes to quarantine them or something.

The company finally got ahold of me and said the post office had lost the box, but found it. It was 1/3 crushed, but merchandise was fine. It got delivered on Feb 7th.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

Last month, daughter had very similar symptoms to the Corona, but also very similar to the flu, so hard to say. She was out for 5 days and at one point she complained about not being able to breath well, but a rescue inhaler helped her and we never went to the doctor.

A week later, I developed a sore throat and it lasted for a few days and then I started to have a bad cough. It got bad enough I went into the doc only to be sent home with a rescue inhaler, calling it viral. No testing. The next day, I was on the mend and while I still have a dry cough off and on weeks later, it's not bad. I felt like I had fever a few times, but never registered one.

By other daughter just came home yesterday with sore throat and sinus type stuff and she had low energy and body hurt, but no fever and has still been doing school, work and other things. She had some stuff to help with the symptoms, but she seems to already be doing a little better.

I imagine NONE of us (my daughter and I) have/had the Corona virus. South Korea is testing TONS of people and while they have high numbers of infected, if flys in the face of those saying it might be in the tens of thousands or hundreds.

Two things you posted that jumped out at me:

"I felt like I had fever a few times, but never registered one". & "she had low energy".

Those two things above tend to make me think it may have been Corona.

The feeling like you have a fever, but don't register one. - I suspect this is how it was slipping past fever checks and spreading.

The feeling of low energy cannot be overstated - it's like no flu/cold I've ever had in regards to that - you get winded just doing stuff around the house. Ugh, I hate being sick, especially with something that, quite possibly, was created in a lab. Lucky us.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Maybe I didn’t have it. This is weird. About 30 minutes after I posted my symptoms here last night they just vanished. I was so sick yesterday I couldn’t even eat the soup I made for lunch and I was seriously considering going to the hospital. Headache, fever, sweating and freezing, sore throat, trouble breathing, congested. Worse than any flu I’ve ever had. And then I was sitting on my couch with a blanket wrapped around me and it was like someone flipped a switch.

My nose unclogged. My fever vanished. And the entire “sick” feeling that you have when you have the flu was completely gone. All of a sudden I got ravenously hungry, made a turkey burger, ate it and I felt normal. WTH?? What kind of flu lasts less than two days and then you’re completely fine? Usually it’s a gradual improvement over a week or so before I feel normal. Not this time. Within the space of 10 minutes or so I went from deathly ill, freezing and sweating with a fever to completely fine. I’ve never had anything like this happen in my life. I was expecting to be out of commission for at least a week. But other than a little congestion I feel completely normal.

I’m not complaining, but WTH? I took some supplements yesterday and a bunch of Vitamin C but I don’t think any of it could have caused such a drastic change.

Hi ATS! I'm a long time lurker on this site and I never really felt compelled to add anything, mostly just liked reading the UFO stories.... until now.

Underwerks, what you are describing sounds very much like my experience the past 3 weeks.

On Friday February 14th I started to feel ill suddenly in the evening. I had a mild sore throat and just felt unwell. That Saturday and Sunday I was worse with very low fever, chills, body aches, headache, and I thought I was getting the flu except for the strange dry cough. Sunday evening I felt pretty good except for the cough. My fever stopped which was very low anyway. I stayed home from work Monday as a precaution. The cough remained but it wasn't constant hacking or anything, just here and there, but everything else vanished. The rest of that week I went to work. I washed my hands very often and I always cover my mouth with my elbow like people should always do. I still felt a little under the weather but didn't have symptoms so I just carried on and shrugged it off.

Fast forward to Friday February 21st it all started again, only this time a little worse. This time around I noticed shortness of breath which I have never experienced ever in my life. (I'm 42 years old, Male, no underlying health issues) Again, that Sunday night I felt better and again took off of work Monday as a precaution, and again went to work the rest of the week. The cough still present and shortness of breath every once in awhile.

Last week on Thursday February 28th it all started up again, this time worse than the last 2 times. Everything the same. I stayed home from work Friday. My fever went away again Sunday and I again stayed home from work Monday. The following days I went to work, the cough was still infrequent but the shortness of breath stuck around. I would walk down the hall and just couldn't catch my breath. Trying to go to sleep I felt like I was struggling to breath a bit and I was starting to get worried.

This past Thursday March 5th everything vanished again. Poof! Shortness of breath gone. A cough here and there but that's it. I feel completely fine now. Everything gone like a switch was flipped.

Also, just to also point out, the entire time above I went nowhere except work and the grocery store at midnight on Saturdays when no one is there. Other than that I have been a hermit. I haven't stopped to see my Mom for weeks who is in her upper 60's as a precaution.

Another thing I will add is my girlfriend (shes 29, Female, no underlying heath issues) was also dealing with the feeling like she was sick, the same timeline as me, but she never got a fever, cough, body aches, or shortness of breath. The only thing she had was a sore throat the first day each weekend and a headache.

We both feel like maybe we did have this bug. The whole thing was super strange. It never really felt like a normal flu or cold that we've all had in our lives. If we did have it what we went through was pretty mild in the grand scheme of things and if this is what most people are getting it is not surprising they aren't going to a doctor and being tested. I never felt I needed a doctors care but if the shortness of breath had continued or gotten worse I would have. We wouldn't have been tested anyway because of the guidelines for testing.

By the way, we live in Southeastern Pennsylvania. At my work of about 330 or so people I don't see anyone sick at all. Where she works there's about 30 people and none are sick. The few trips to the grocery store and the very small amount of people we've seen there none have seemed sick.

Anyway, thank you for listening and for the loads on information I have soaked up over the years.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I had a bit of a cough which started on Wednesday. On Friday morning I didn't feel great, like a bit of a cold, nose running and a slight headache. Nothing major and certainly no worse than I've had during the usual Cold/Flu season. I stayed home and took some cold medicine and it seemed to dissipate over the course of the day. Runny nose came back last night but again has vanished this morning. I spoke to a customer who is a retired GP. He told me that I hadn't described anything which would give him cause for concern. He said it was probably just one of the many seasonal colds which circulate. He told me to take my temperature regularly and watch for a fever also asked me if I had a general rash. No fever or muscle pains or anything which I would associate with Flu. I'm staying home again today but I feel well enough that if we weren't in the midst of this crisis, I would be going about my normal business.

link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01These people are more worried about keeping their jobs and patting each other on the back to save public face than they are about telling the public the truth.

It is obvious to those who look at it from outside of the comfort zone.

They are more worried about the economy and the investors keeping the old boat floating than they are about a "few" people catching a virus and possibly dying, because after all, it isn't that bad and most people are old and have UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITOONS. (Sarcasm indication).

I am so sick of hearing that.

well said and 100% accurate.

link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Good. I hope he gets fired. Don't need people with that kind of work ethic manning mission critical systems. Better to identify and remove the weak links now, before there's even really a threat.

How would they know he is not sick? unless he is tested every day, for what 14-21 days, how are they going to know?

If he is sick and spreads at the plant, then what close it for days until decontaminated and hope no-one else got it?

So the night crew do a hand over to the day crew, the day crew hand over to the evening crew.,,,,,,,,,

1 person is sick but still comes to work because "not a weak link" how long before 20% or more are effected and operation is in jeopardy?

If they don't start explaining why the reactions around the world are so severe for a flu, then how are you supposed to defend against it in your neighbourhood?

in this link newspaper article on Canada's 1st community infection

The patient had originally been diagnosed with influenza by her doctor, but a subsequent test on her samples turned up positive for Covid-19, Henry said. The infection was caught as a result of British Columbia’s system of surveillance of all flu patients.

Does that happen in your Area?

Meh, the vast majority will experience mild symptoms. You're all acting like this is a zombie outbreak or ebola.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

we're not the ones shutting down whole countries.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Join the club.

Maybe you had it, maybe you did it. Now you're in limbo like our family is. Did we have it? It's possible. We matched the symptoms, had the proper contact in the proper timeframe, but none of us got seriously ill, not to where we needed to doctor.

I even got a sudden nosebleed while mine was at its worst. I thought I was just having a sudden drippy nose, but it was straight up blood and not a little like sometimes happens when it's dry in winter, but a lot.

We all got past it. Husband still has a bit of a dry cough from his, but son and I are all past it.

It’s just crazy that it was so intense and so short. I’ve never been that sick that I can remember. And to have it just vanish in minutes is strange to say the least. Maybe my immune system wasn’t as compromised as I thought. I’ve been researching the duration of flu and colds all morning and something that intense should have lasted waaaaay longer than it did. Or maybe loading my body down with every chemical I had in reach did something. I don’t know.

If this is some remote controlled virus and the people behind it are reading this thank you! I’m not complaining. Lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
From another post to the boards a bit earlier. Wanted to share it here as well.

Close contact can occur while caring for a patient, including:
being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) of a patient with COVID-19 for a prolonged period of time.
having direct contact with infectious secretions from a patient with COVID-19. Infectious secretions may include sputum, serum, blood, and respiratory droplets.
If close contact occurs while not wearing all recommended PPE, healthcare personnel may be at risk of infection.
CDC Link

Any ATSer can easily read between the lines: If you stand next to an infected person for 13 milliseconds ... you've got a 6-in-10 chance of becoming infected.

How easily the virus spreads
How easily a virus spreads from person-to-person can vary. Some viruses are highly contagious (spread easily), like measles, while other viruses do not spread as easily. Another factor is whether the spread is sustained, spreading continually without stopping.

The virus that causes COVID-19 seems to be spreading easily and sustainably in the community (“community spread”) in some affected geographic areas. Another CDC read-between-the lines 'admission'

A possible difference: COVID-19 might be spread through the airborne route (see details below under Differences).Hopkins Link

Fact: The size of COVID-19's smallest particles are 0.06 microns, and the largest are 0.14 microns.
Fact: The size of Measles is + or - .12 microns.

It's airborne ... whether your government wants to share that openly with you or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

we're not the ones shutting down whole countries.

They aren't shutting down the power grid, which is the suggestion here.

new topics

top topics

<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join