It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon man breaks quarantine to come home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
So this winner here, breaks quarantine from the ship he was on, despite the fact that the results of his test have not come back yet.

Genius, given all we know about still having the virus and people feeling fine and being positive in tests.

This is exactly why ive stated before that it CAN get out of control in the US

It doesn't take many idiots like these for this thing to spread like wild fire, and because he "feels fine". He's going to carry on like he normally would!

This is how it happens folks, and don't think a lot of others wouldn't do the same

l ink

Frank King was on the Westerdam cruise ship — on Saturday, another passenger tested positive for the virus during a stopover in Malaysia.

Once the ship docked in Cambodia — some passengers were put up in a five-star hotel — as they awaited their own test results.

But king — who said he had a speaking engagement to get to — decided he couldn’t wait.

That's right. He was just too important to wait

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Never underestimate the combination of stupidity and self importance.

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
Never underestimate the combination of stupidity and self importance.

This guy is literally that one asshat in every virus movie

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Edit to add, plus it was a speaking engagement he had to get to

So you know all those people in a room just laughing and shaking hands and being close to one another

Then fanning out to wherever they are from

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
He's like the self-important reporter chick who broke her isolation during Ebola. She wasn't sick it turns out, but he may be. We see how Diamond Princess turned out.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
He's like the self-important reporter chick who broke her isolation during Ebola. She wasn't sick it turns out, but he may be. We see how Diamond Princess turned out.

And we've yet to see how this boat which was docked in Cambodia, will pan out either because their testing isn't complete and none of the results are back.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

This is exactly why ive stated before that it CAN get out of control in the US

Yep. I've said this as well to internet pundits who claim it's not going to spread because it is already contained. Honey, it spread from a place called Center of DISEASE CONTROL.

Once it's spread, it's spread. The magnitude of that has yet to be determined is all.

edit on 19-2-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Lot of self-entitlement out there.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think the risk is low from the Westerdam, but I also think this man is an idiot. I think the authorities should have collared his butt and hauled it to one of the military bases currently doing quarantine to make him serve the full 14 whether or not he wanted to.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

This guy ?

Well with a total of 5 views: it's easy to understand how endangering public health, is a small price to pay, to get-out his ultra, super-duper, incredibly important message, at that whatever public speaking engagement...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
And Prime Minister Hun Sen greeted all passengers with a handshake as they disembarked, so he probably shook this guy's hand, too.

Lovely.
edit on 19-2-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If I see him, I'll glove up, gown up, mask up, then slap the white off his teeth.

Dumbass.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Evidently he's canceled the first of his "speaking engagements" (he's a comedian) due to the outrage over his behavior regarding quarantine. He's also been fired from his job on the cruise line. Deservedly so.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just to play devils advocate, dont come down too hard on me , try to envision this Scenario:

What if you where on that cruise , the ship gets parked in international waters because nobody wants to take in infected people.

Then they stop supplying the ship with water and food.

Then what ?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think the risk is low from the Westerdam, but I also think this man is an idiot. I think the authorities should have collared his butt and hauled it to one of the military bases currently doing quarantine to make him serve the full 14 whether or not he wanted to.

On top of it, the pure ARROGANCE to go get himself put on the NEWS for it.

That is what really really pisses me off

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

This guy ?

Well with a total of 5 views: it's easy to understand how endangering public health, is a small price to pay, to get-out his ultra, super-duper, incredibly important message, at that whatever public speaking engagement...

Holy crap thats amazing lol, this guy endangered lives, just to get on the news and bolster his VIEWS what do you bet?

Well and his name recognition.

If im anyone else im going "oh what was that name again? Naa, that guy might have friggin Coronavirus Im not going to that show"

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I see him, I'll glove up, gown up, mask up, then slap the white off his teeth.

Dumbass.

Please do, And im sorry you have to deal with this on your end, I have lots of friends in the PNW and Boise area, so this hits home.

Probably not as much as for you though

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
Evidently he's canceled the first of his "speaking engagements" (he's a comedian) due to the outrage over his behavior regarding quarantine. He's also been fired from his job on the cruise line. Deservedly so.

What, he didnt bet on people having some common sense and telling him to bugger off?

LoL i guess when your Hubris is that big, you dont think that far ahead

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Just to play devils advocate, dont come down too hard on me , try to envision this Scenario:

What if you where on that cruise , the ship gets parked in international waters because nobody wants to take in infected people.

Then they stop supplying the ship with water and food.

Then what ?

Wont come down on you at all friend

If it were me, then I would see if i could find a way to get ahold of some locals to procure those items, or pay the people that are in charge of watching me to do so. Money talks.

That being said, thats not what happened, they had them in a hotel, under a "soft quarantine" waiting for the results of the testing to come back and test the rest of the boat.

They put them up in a 5 star hotel

The guy said "Nah, Im leavin, i got stuff to do" and off he went.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm home sick since last Wednesday. Wife's got it too.

Simple deduction: it's contagious.

Called the boss. "Do you want me to come to work and spread this stuff around? It's pretty horrible."

Boss says, "Nope. Thanks for asking."

Question is, "When am I no longer contagious?"

I know who I got it from. Was quite surprised he was contagious when he brought it into my house. He'd been past the worst of it for maybe two or three weeks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join