It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon man breaks quarantine to come home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
So it seems there are reports that the PM of Cambodia, who came out to greet everyone on that cruise ship they took in, without any protection, is now hospitalized with the virus.

This is the same cruise ship , that the man in the OP was on, and chose to skip his quarantine to come home

I am not surprised at all. I posted on page 1 of this thread that he shook hands with all the passengers that disembarked that cruise.

And now he's paying the price for that...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not as big a d-bag as this guy though...

D-Bag Link

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Deplorable
I'm home sick since last Wednesday. Wife's got it too.

Simple deduction: it's contagious.

Called the boss. "Do you want me to come to work and spread this stuff around? It's pretty horrible."

Boss says, "Nope. Thanks for asking."

Question is, "When am I no longer contagious?"

I know who I got it from. Was quite surprised he was contagious when he brought it into my house. He'd been past the worst of it for maybe two or three weeks.

What are you talking about? Sick with what?

Something ... I don't know.

Do you not want to go to the doc and see if it's the flu? Seems like it might be a good idea to just check

Had to wait for an appointment. I have an upper respiratory infection. Doc prescribed an antibiotic.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
He's like the self-important reporter chick who broke her isolation during Ebola. She wasn't sick it turns out, but he may be. We see how Diamond Princess turned out.

And to add that this disease can be spread even when patients are asymptomatic.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Well that one less worry off my mind. Thank you for seeing the doc,if not for yourself but for everyone else around you. Get well soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

In california you will not go to jail for having unprotected sex with someone knowing you are HIV +...it's a misdemeanormisdemeanor

Oh California...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
And here's Exhibit A for why this entire pandemic is uncontainable.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

What a royal bastard and then some. LoL

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This is all a classic case of wanting to have cake and eat cake.
You can't have an interconnected world where each country has dependencies across the globe when it comes to food/clothing/medical supplies and not pay the price if a pandemic breaks loose.

Majority of the world put their hands in the basket called "China". When that basket became full fo venomous snakes, these countries are going to get bit. No way around that.

But hey, why have your own industry when you can outsource to China...money talks. Until it cannot talk anymore when confronted with a microorganism that's older than humanity and DGAF about politics, money or economy.

A wake-up call.
edit on 23-2-2020 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
You'd be amazed how good the defense systems against pandemics are, though.

This corona virus is only dangerous because of the part about people carrying it and not showing symptoms. It makes it hard to find "patient zero". Usually when a lethal virus breaks out, they quickly identify all the likely infected victims, and quarantine them immediately.

It's also not as dangerous as it sounds. It's basically just a particularly mean version of the flu. It's only lethal to people with weak immune systems, or no access to immune system boosting medicine.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

This corona virus is only dangerous because of the part about people carrying it and not showing symptoms. It makes it hard to find "patient zero". Usually when a lethal virus breaks out, they quickly identify all the likely infected victims, and quarantine them immediately.

It's also not as dangerous as it sounds. It's basically just a particularly mean version of the flu. It's only lethal to people with weak immune systems, or no access to immune system boosting medicine.

Wrong, its killing healhty people in their 30s as well, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the facts directly contradict your claims.

You should probably spend some time reading up on the coronavirus threads here on ATS

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So, influenza has an R0 of around 1.3. This virus conservatively is 2.2 to 2.6 or so. So, spreads twice as much. Fatality rate for this virus again conservatively, is from 15 to 20 times that of influenza.

So if by "mean version" you mean something that infects twice as many people, and kills 20 times more.. then ok? It's like having 20 of the worst flu seasons worldwide.. in a single year. And just like the flu, the elderly or those with preexisting conditions are more at risk.

And the #s I used are the conservative, best-case numbers at this point. It could be worse, and it could also mutate (for better or for worse). Why people are brushing this off like you'll be a bit more sick.. take some vitamin C and you'll be fine, baffles me. Don't panic, prepare, but also don't just ignore it.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable
You can still be shedding virus for a while after recovery. One reason Parvo is such a PITA for dog breeders.

Question #1 is how long is this virus active when shed onto a hard "DRY" surface. TPTB's must know this time frame, from their first tests of this Coronal virus, in labs. I've been waiting in vain for some talking head to spout off this vital factoid.

We will look back on this and see that we lost many more souls from the Flu Bugs, this year, but until we understand what we're up against, this novel coronal virus is really scary. Crowding troops into confined spaces really got the 1918 super flu, off to a grand start. Here in Idaho, a postal worker brought that 1918 flu to a small isolated townsite, and then it wreaked havoc there. Keeping all those passengers on the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship, seems to be to be creating a modern "plague ship".

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I tend to agree with this, however given current situation, including twitchy and IMO surprised reactions from authorities I'd hazard a statement that even if the defense systems are good the people in charge of them have either overslept their cue or don't know how to handle this. I have a strong feeling, for which I'd desperately like to be wrong, that the ship called "containment" sailed long ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ugh one more reason im swiftly hating oregon more and more...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Quarantine breakers should be executed. It's the only way to show how egregious their actions are and how dire the situation is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join