It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon man breaks quarantine to come home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We see how Diamond Princess turned out.

Good example. I read they charted a 30% increase in cases two days ago ... and then they let people off who met the quarantine time requirements.

Doesn't meet my common sense litmus test.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I used to work at a bank a couple of years ago and on Xmas eve this woman came in because she had to have a savings account opened up. She had the flu really bad, but she had to have her savings account. She was a grumpy ass PoS who was nowhere near pleasant to deal with, and the hag ended up getting me so sick that I literally lost out on three weeks of work thanks to her. I'm not sure exactly what she had, but it triggered my IBS so badly that I couldn't even drink water without getting sicker.

To this day I hate this woman.

The point I'm getting at is I'm getting sick and tired of people who are sick, or possibly sick, going out and doing their stuff without a care for what it can do to others. Personally, I feel this guy deserves jail time. Yes, jail time. If he truly did have the corona virus, then he put many others at risk all for his own selfishness. If not jail time, some sort of punishment, because all he had to do was have a little more patience for the sake of the world around him.

I'm sure whatever "speaking engagement" he had would completely understand, as I'm sure none of them want the corona virus.

Damn, people are flippin' stupid. My wife works for an optometrist and was pre-screening a woman yesterday who wants/needs new contacts, but is the worst contact owner. She never changes them, sleeps with them in, and has done so much damage to her eyes that they both literally have ulcers on them. The doctor was telling her she needs to not wear contacts, use certain drops and take very good care of her eyes for the time being because if not, she will start to go blind in approximately 7 days. Rather than heed the warning, the woman insists she needs them for her job(she works for a gas station, I'm sure they'd understand her needing some time off so she doesn't go blind), and kept fighting with them to give her contacts. The doc refused, not until her eyes heal. So, she's going to another optometrist to try and get her contacts, because apparently she doesn't have time.

I just......I just don't get people like this. This man is so important that screw the world, he needs to speak. This woman needs contacts, to hell with going blind, she has to work. I understand if she can't afford time off, but that's what happens when you keep contacts in for days without ever taking them out. As for this guy, to hell with him and his speaking engagement!

Waitaminnit.......is the guy in the video the guy that broke quarantine?? He's wearing a "National Suicide Awareness" t-shirt, but doesn't seem to care if he helps spread the corona virus, which would in fact kill some people?? Little ironic, don'tcha think??
edit on 19-2-2020 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
I'm home sick since last Wednesday. Wife's got it too.

Simple deduction: it's contagious.

Called the boss. "Do you want me to come to work and spread this stuff around? It's pretty horrible."

Boss says, "Nope. Thanks for asking."

Question is, "When am I no longer contagious?"

I know who I got it from. Was quite surprised he was contagious when he brought it into my house. He'd been past the worst of it for maybe two or three weeks.

What are you talking about? Sick with what?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ow yeah the guy is a Dumbass no doubt about it , if they put you in 5 star hotel just to make sure everything is contained you are just stupid if you walk away from that.

Sit in the hot tub all day , and you wont infect other people and put them at risk , and you have to do nothing other then chill and reach for the Phone to call roomservice.

The scenario i pointed out is kinda like my worst nightmare , being boxed in with a lot of people.

edit on 19-2-2020 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

The doc refused, not until her eyes heal. So, she's going to another optometrist to try and get her contacts, because apparently she doesn't have time.

Im with you, it use to be people like this werent so common, but I feel as a society we have gotten so self centered and so focused on what WE want, its become an epidemic in itself. Which is exactly why I believe this point we are as a society is the WORST time for this sort of thing to happen. People Just. Dont. Care. They need to satsify their immediate needs!

Waitaminnit.......is the guy in the video the guy that broke quarantine?? He's wearing a "National Suicide Awareness" t-shirt, but doesn't seem to care if he helps spread the corona virus, which would in fact kill some people?? Little ironic, don'tcha think??

Im glad im not the only one who saw and found the irony in that, maybe hes more of an "indirect homicide" kind of guy

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

Ow yeah the guy is a Dumbass no doubt about it , if they put you in 5 star hotel just to make sure everything is contained you are just stupid if you walk away from that.

Sit in the hot tub all day , and you wont infect other people and put them at risk , and you have to do nothing other then chill and reach for the Phone to call roomservice.

The scenario i pointed out is kinda like my worst nightmare , being boxed in with a lot of people.

Exactly, I mean who ever heard of being quarantined in a 5 star hotel! If it were me , i would be thinking about what the people in China are having to go through in their situation and quarantine

And sit my ass on my bed, order food and flip on the TV, and enjoy the free Wifi.
But logic will never over ride narcissism

Yeah I understand how you could be worried about the other tho, I dunno, I just know theres no way you could even FORCE me on a plane to go home if i thought i might bring this crap home to family and friends, or hell even strangers and KIDS along the way.

Would rather die alone in a pile of my own sweat in the corner of my room.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Called the boss. "Do you want me to come to work and spread this stuff around? It's pretty horrible."

I know who I got it from. Was quite surprised he was contagious when he brought it into my house. He'd been past the worst of it for maybe two or three weeks.

Something ... I don't know.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Something ... I don't know.

Hope you get well soon!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So if anyone who has the virus (cov-19)in this case)and decides cognitively and preemptively to skip quarantine and ends up infecting people with that virus, is that considered attempted murder?
edit on 19-2-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Self-important azzhats... the world is full of them. At some point you just resign yourself of this is what I have to do. Do it unless you are an undisciplined weak little weasel. A 5-star hotel, LOL people are being welded shut in their homes in China and this dweeb can't stay two weeks more in a 5-star hotel.

Yea I'll listen to this dip chit for advice on other topics LOL...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So this winner here, breaks quarantine from the ship he was on, despite the fact that the results of his test have not come back yet.

Given what we know about just how bad these 'quarantines' are, I wouldn't want to stay there either. Kindof a Catch-22...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Coming soon to a city near you...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

So this winner here, breaks quarantine from the ship he was on, despite the fact that the results of his test have not come back yet.

Given what we know about just how bad these 'quarantines' are, I wouldn't want to stay there either. Kindof a Catch-22...

You ddint read the actual article did you?

Read up on the Cambodian cruise ship, and its been stated several times already, the quarantine they had them in was a 5 star hotel.

And no its not a catch-22, its potentially exposing other people to something that could be deadly, or sitting your ass there like an adult and taking responsibility.

I find it sad you think its a catch-22, for some of us in a situation like this, its a responsibility we owe to everyone else around us.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That is so sad to watch her scream in that box 🙁

Coming soon to a city near you...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You ddint read the actual article did you?

Nope, I replied to the OP subject.

Read up on the Cambodian cruise ship, and its been stated several times already, the quarantine they had them in was a 5 star hotel.

I wasn't talking about the amenities, I was talking about being stuck on a floating viral hotbed run by people who haven't a clue when it comes to how to run a quarantined ship.

And no its not a catch-22, its potentially exposing other people to something that could be deadly, or sitting your ass there like an adult and taking responsibility.

I disagree - my point was, its a choice between potentially exposing other people, or silently and quietly possibly accepting a death sentence. That is what I meant by 'catch-22'.

I find it sad you think its a catch-22, for some of us in a situation like this, its a responsibility we owe to everyone else around us.

[snipped]
edit on Wed Feb 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Go after the ball not the player.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
So you believe that NOT exposing everyone else to a virus you might have is "herd" mentality? Thats a really really sad way to look at the situation.

You are assuming he 'exposed everyone else' to a virus.

You apparently are of the mistaken belief that I condone or even applaud his decision.

I said I can understand not wanting to be trapped there.

Get a grip.
edit on Wed Feb 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Go after the ball not the player.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I said I can understand not wanting to be trapped there.

Get a grip.

I have a grip, which is why the risk isnt worth it, especially since the testing of the people on the ship wasnt complete yet and none of the results had come in.

If he tested negative, then theres more of the chance that, NO he wouldnt expose anyone else, THEN leave. Not before and not until that point.

[snipped]

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

It's horrible, absolutely horrible, but what choice is there?

They ask people to please wear masks and self quarantine. I think both of those things are reasonable considering.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

ENOUGH!

This thread will not devolve into bickering.
Post to the topic only.

Go after the ball not the player.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join