It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Tend to get a knee jerk reaction to transhumanism, which I think clouded my judgement in answering.

Your ideas are certainly thought provoking.

Coincidentally I happen to be reading a book called Plague Wars. Eden plague is released, it has positive effects very similar to the one you mention, super health, power healing, endurance, longevity, also mental health. Governments try to suppress it, fearing the end of evil and control, wars follow.

Although I feel such synthetic biological improvements and things like genetic engineering are very vunurable to abuse by the controllers of such tech, I'm not inheritantly opposed to such ideas. They do have potential if used in an ethical and moral fashion. The end of all disease could be one.

It's the AI cyborging, hive mind and surveillance parts of transhumanism I find abhorrent. I have no wish to become a machine and think it's unnatural, potentially evil.

Unfortunately they don't seem to want to release viruses to make us better, just ones to kill us off, like COVID-19.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Update...Positive Mental Attitude.

Can you die from this virus???? Sure!

Will you???

Only if you let it kill you!!

The power of positive thinking? As someone who is immunosuppressed because of a transplant, this would be funny if it weren't so frustrating that it essentially blames a(n infection) victim for not thinking positively enough.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Update...Positive Mental Attitude.

Can you die from this virus???? Sure!

Will you???

Only if you let it kill you!!

The power of positive thinking? As someone who is immunosuppressed because of a transplant, this would be funny if it weren't so frustrating that it essentially blames a(n infection) victim for not thinking positively enough.

Indonesian govt are saying they have no cases cos of the power of prayer. So maybe there's something to the positive attitude. At least, pray that no one notices you haven't used any testing kits.
edit on 2/16/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Did the CCP just admit COVID-19 leaked from their Wuhan lab?

Seemingly providing more anecdotal evidence that the Covid-19 outbreak was caused by an accidental leak of a bio-engineered virus and not by some freak of nature in Wuhan's market, China's Communist Party has issued a serious "Wartime Order" demanding more care and containment be taken with virus handling. Specifically:

“Strengthen laboratory management and resolutely put an end to the theft, leakage, and loss of pathogenic bacteria (poisons) and various samples...”

Source

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Update: Feb 16, 2020 Sunday Tokyo time: 8:30 pm - New York 6:30 am - London 11:30 pm? - Sydney 10:30 pm

1. 5th flight to evacuate Japanese flies to Wuhan tonight
2. 355 passengers now tested (might be the latest round of test) 13 tested positive
3. 5 people now infected in Wakayama (2 doctors and patient, don't have info on the other 2)
3. PM Abe: Changes are now minute by minute as reports come in (today is Sunday so expect something tomorrow)
4. 38 people now infected in Japan
5. One death reported so far
6. 14 people now in Tokyo infected
7. 5 others in Wakayama
8. others different locations in Japan and okinawa
9. 85% people infected = stable condition
10. 12% people infected = severe condtion
11. 3% people infected = critical condition (one is in his 50's, that's all I know about)

12. 380 Americans are able to fly charter tonight (IF THEY WANT TO) SOME DO, SOME SAY "HECK NO", NOT YET
13. Japan military will transfer Americans by bus to Haneda Airport
14. this must be an update: 17 infected on ship today
15. 1019 tested so far on ship
16. Those returning to America will be quarantine at military base (where?) have wait , but some are complaining not wanting to be quarantine for 2 more weeks. Get that, us tax payers are paying and they are complaining. I say leave 'em on the boat
17. Please note this: the following countries are planning charter aircraft to bring back their residents
a. Canada
b. Australia
c. Hong Kong
d. Taiwan

18. News for China
a. 142 new cases today
b. 1665 deaths (official counting) believe it if you want
c. over 69000 known cases of infection
d. free speech in China is lost
e. local officials in Wuhan or Hubei (sp) maybe, are being dismissed accordingly
f. confusion : Xi said on either Jan 7th or Jan 20 th the state acknowledges the virus (like I said , confusion there
g. DISCONTENT IS NOW GROWING IN CHINA ( I don't think those abroad want to return to China anytime soon

19. North Korea has closed all its borders to the outside world
20. NO reports of North Korea killing those that may have been infected

21. Yes, it is true that today Xi visited hospitals (video showing actual live coverage) do you guys have access to see it?

Tomorrow is Monday and snow is in forecast for many parts of Japan . People will be jamming the subways and trains. Japan taxi drives are now advised to wear mask. Dang, I just hope we don't get an increase of infected this coming week. The hospitals here may not handle it and as I stated, one hospital in Wakayama is making their returning patients wait in there cars and taking NO outpatients. This is where the doctor got infected.

Well, that's it for now. Anyone here feel a sense of urgency to prepare if things start getting out of control?
edit on 0200000025032020-02-16T06:03:25-06:00032502am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Some more exploration down the rabbit hole.

Again modified chimeric spike proteins come up. Scientists seriously question the wisdom of making such things, connection to Wuhan.

Lab-Made Coronavirus Triggers Debate

The hybrid virus could infect human airway cells and caused disease in mice, according to the team’s results, which were published in Nature Medicine.

“If the new virus escaped, nobody could predict the trajectory,” Simon Wain-Hobson, a virologist at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, told Nature.
www.the-scientist.com...

Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV.
www.nature.com...

One of the people who co wrote the paper was a Chinese researcher by the name of Xing-Ye Gi. Google scholar shows Gi has written or co-written numerous papers on SARS, ebola and coronavirus.

Gi works in Wuhan, within the sole BSL-4 lab in the entire country. A Chinese national literally worked on modifying a bat coronavirus to infect humans, 100% confirmed.
www.investmentwatchblog.com...

Is this the one that got away?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItsOkToBeHappy
I personally think the real risk is cities being put under quarantine and people running out of food, not dying from the illness but that's just me.

I agree. Sometimes it's the aftermath that can cause the most damage, not the cause itself. It reminds me of this article a few days ago about how Asian people are now being targeted, just because they are Asian. Here is the article on the BBC:

Coronavirus: French Asians hit back at racism with 'I'm not a virus'

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

edit on 0200000004542020-02-16T07:54:04-06:00540402am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 69,289 confirmed cases worldwide, including 1,670 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I won’t believe it’s slowing down in China until I see numbers in Singapore and Japan drop to zero new cases per day.

#China Chongqing Titanium Industry Company restarted working and then 2 #Coronavirus cases confirmed in the factory, this lead to the quarantine of more than 300 workers

Twitter

Shanghai Public Health knew about virus on Jan 5

Twitter

CCP desperately wants people to go back to work. The economy is being crushed and they know the reckoning is coming.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
To get a heads up on potential arrival of the virus in my local community, I monitor the number of beds in emergency rooms as reported daily by hospitals (Quebec, Canada). The last column of data (SAG) is number of patients with flu-like symptoms registered in the emergency. IF that number starts to spike in the hospitals much above normal for this time of year, it will be a red flag for me. I do not trust the government to be testing and reporting CV cases. Try to find a similar source of information for your region and monitor daily. Use data sources and make your own stats in Excel.

(Sorry only available in French. SAG = flu-like symptoms)
LINK[edi tby]edit on 16-2-2020 by confiden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I won’t believe it’s slowing down in China until I see numbers in Singapore and Japan drop to zero new cases per day.

#China Chongqing Titanium Industry Company restarted working and then 2 #Coronavirus cases confirmed in the factory, this lead to the quarantine of more than 300 workers

Twitter

Shanghai Public Health knew about virus on Jan 5

Twitter

CCP desperately wants people to go back to work. The economy is being crushed and they know the reckoning is coming.

Its already showing up here in this country also. And we really depend on imports. like food and other stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

How China handles the situation only brings aggression to the people, i wonder will the limit exceed and people rise against the goverment in masses.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Dolby_X
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

But still show even with a western type hospital it still can kill

Yes but its still only killing Chinese/SEA's. Like I have said previously its almost as if the virus was tailored in a Lab. The question is, where? And did it come from the US or is it home engineered? Also, was it an accidental release (likely) or deliberate and by who??? And what are the implications?

Good questions, but we may never get definitive answers.

What we have now is a documented history of the U.S. and China genetically developing coronavirus virus from bats:
Source

Anecdotal evidence COVID-19 leaked from the Wuhan BSL-4 lab: Source

The anomalous characteristics and response to COVID-19 that could be circumstantial evidence of a bioweapon:
1)The infected exhibiting no symptoms for up to 14 days... Source
2) Long survivability on dry surfaces for up to 28 days... Source
3) Exceptional aerosol infection ability... Source
4) The unprecedented quarantine measures by the Chinese and other world governments... Source

However, to get proof COVID-19 is a bioweapon, we would need evidence the Spike (S) Protein was unnatural. That information would have to come from a major research institution. But, unfortunately, those types of institutions and scientists rely on government and military funding.

Would the U.S. government and/or military admit they created this monster?
Would those major institutions and scientists say anything counter to the interests of the government and military?

I’m sure we’ll get a government report on the origins of COVID-19 soon. But I doubt we’ll get the truth. Instead, what we’ll probably get is the virology equivalent of the “swamp gas” explanation.
edit on 16-2-2020 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

How China handles the situation only brings aggression to the people, i wonder will the limit exceed and people rise against the goverment in masses.

As mentioned,discontent is growing in China. Must have been reported by someone important of not Chinese, but another national. There are reporters in Beijing from other countries. Don't know if you know that.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I'd like PM on heavy side if you will,

curious, how dependent has Japan become on China for mundane consumer and food production items? Whats supply chain effect there from CV shutdowns.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OutsideContextProblem

loads of correct info in that, ( hour is a while to watch but the info and questions are richtig
)

to answer some of the points

1. Infection chains happened in open plan offices/conference rooms. No physical contact needed, casual/insignificant contacts between cases.

the doctor online there said " about 20mins survival time for the virus " and as has been stated before this looks like close contact" so not airbourne from what we know.

2. Neutralising antibodies are developed and therefore patient is immunised against future transmission. I understand this to mean that the patients they studied that recovered had developed immunity to covid-19. It’s unknown how long immunity lasts.

to add to that, the patient in Munich treated with hiv medication responded well ( thats a positive thing to know)

3. The Germans found no problem with the accuracy of the PCR tests they ran, out of all the tests only one was inconclusive. They don’t understand the reported problems with test accuracy in China, and possibly the US.

( they also point out that the difference in time and testing.
false negatives:
( swabbing not being performed by professional ) maybe the cause but its not known 100%

testing time till detection:
that they found that once infected the virus is quickly detectable by the pcr test they said "within 1 hour you get a result that is positive but not 100%, changes to to 100% confirmed "
also of note here is concern expressed that pcr testing would be difficult if there was to be 10s of thousands of patients.

4. Drosten questions whether the virus has spread to humans for the first time in the market in Wuhan. The high level of adaptation argues for a transmission to humans substantially before December 2019.

he thinks it started earlier than whats been claimed but isnt willing to comment on that, but says "it looks like it started somewhere other than the wet market and it was brought there by someone infected "

an important thing they said!
The people that get or have or spread the virus are NOT to blame!!! and that the MSM is not helping in the stories and rumors that are being posted and focused on, they also said that blaming CCP or governments etc is not useful either .

thay also stated that focusing on things we dont know is not useful or helpful ( speculating about outcomes etc and predicting )because some information they havent had from CCP ( although were careful in the language and not to blame the CCP for that.)
they stated they know much about the virus and gave examples

EDIT:
they were asked how people should prepare by someone in the room, they replied that " it appears at the moment that older people are at greater risk and that its up to people how they protect them from that risk at this time."
also said "that children seem to be less affected by this and for most people this could be like a bad cold or flu"
and were asked why they think it effects asian people worse, to which they answered "at the moment they dont know the answer to that"

edit on 16-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: expand answers

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Adski989

Yes. After a couple hours of trying I was finally able to get on.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well, that's it for now. Anyone here feel a sense of urgency to prepare if things start getting out of control?

Pretty much done what I can for the moment. Got about 1-2 months food for myself and the pets. About 2-3 weeks supply of water should the mains water get some problems. Upgraded home defense a little should things get a bit crazy in the neighborhood. While not ready to die just yet, accepted my mortality.

With all that done how is society going to get through these difficulties and what is my role in it? The local pharmacy is stressing out, no more orders from China at this time. India is still functioning for the moment but how much longer is that going to last as it spreads? How many other industries and businesses are going to be affected?

I am prepared to ride out some period of quarantine should it happen. If China was more upfront with the actual situation I am sure there would be more people also prepared. I am not quite sure when or what to expect for the virus to finally burns itself out and things return back to some form of normalcy. Take things a day at a time and prepare for local resourcefulness is the general plan at this time.

1716 Chinese medics infected with coronavirus in battle against it.Wuhan,China

Front line workers are putting themselves at great risk.

the meaning of the number "1366" from Guo Wengui

Miles Guo has also made a correction to his past statements. There is 51, not 49 crematoriums in Wuhan. Includes data from phone call with crematorium worker that states currently about 60% of fatalities occur at home and a satellite image of the increased SO2 levels in Wuhan.
edit on 16-2-2020 by kwakakev because: fixed videos

edit on 16-2-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
Won't be contained.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join