It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cmajlz
a reply to: Advantage I've wondered since I use a nasal wash daily if that would result in a negative reading for a nasal swab but I could still have the virus.

I doubt it would .. but I can ask. I go back in on Monday unless I get a call before then.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

This thread is for Corona Virus Updates...not chit chat, bigoted comments, ill-mannered remarks or arguing....

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sun Feb 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Pharyngeal tests may not be accurate, as has been covered previously, though.
WSJ. Accuracy of swab test kits

I was pointing out that the fecal viral load was high.. very high. SO when they were swabbing noses and throats at the start due to the focus on the ace receptor information.. they okayed people to leave out of quarantine when if they had known to get rectal swabs theys have seen ethey were still carrying a heavy viral load.. and obviously not fit to leave quarantine.

Its a learning process with a novel virus. Its not behaving quite like other similar viruses in that same gene pool. Some of our assumptions about this one were initially incorrect because of that. We learn from Chinas mistakes.. if they would be honest about them.. and prevent widespread infection in other countries. We would be relatively safe from the kind of massive numbers they are experiencing.

link   
a reply to: Advantage

stool specimens were positive

I have long suspected this is primarily a spit/chopstick transmission. This would make sense if the patient ingested the virus, and it had not spread to lungs yet.

If that case can be followed, it would be interesting to hear if they become the 10% with diarrhea, and if they become severe.

link   
Twitter

Does this mean they're now letting the WHO in to Wuhan..or have I misunderstood??

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman

stool specimens were positive

I have long suspected this is primarily a spit/chopstick transmission. This would make sense if the patient ingested the virus, and it had not spread to lungs yet.

If that case can be followed, it would be interesting to hear if they become the 10% with diarrhea, and if they become severe.

Pretty "novel" way to spread itself. I guess there is some validity as to how it was spread in an apartment building that was quarantined. The sewer pipes.. as was hypothesized.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

10 Italian towns in lockdown over coronavirus fears

www.afp.com...

Authorities in northern Italy on Friday ordered the closure of schools, bars and other public spaces in 10 towns following a flurry of new coronavirus cases. Five doctors and 10 other people tested positive for the virus in Lombardy, after apparently frequenting the same bar and group of friends, with two other cases in Veneto, authorities said at a press conference.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So since the virus is now spreading independently on two continents (Asia and Europe) is this not
time to call it a PANDEMIC ? WHO ?

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BruceZuckerberg

I posted this awhile back... we've been at "Stage 5" for some time (and probably stage 6 more recently but maybe not according to "official" reports):

For those wondering, waiting for ultrasound of gall bladder, liver & kidneys. My partner is comfortable and receiving good treatment. Will report more later.

edit on 21-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Doesn’t matter what they call it, China, USA, Russia, India, and I think every other country on this rock is going to fiddle the figures and end up sellInf what ever vaccine they come up with to the rich elite long before we get anything that even resembles a vaccine

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I posted this awhile back... we've been at "Stage 5" for some time:

For those wondering, waiting for ultrasound of gall bladder, liver & kidneys. Getting good treatment & report more later

Yeah, just waiting to see if it starts spreading all by itself in other countries. I think it probably already has... we just dont know yet. If they put out that it is a pandemic the media will get everyone stirred ujp and then we will get an overload in the ER and if one person hasit.. they all will.
The media has been strangely silent on much of this as others have pointed out. When those parrots stop squawking I start wondering whats up..

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

CDC prepares for possibility coronavirus becomes a pandemic and businesses, schools need to be close

rather than a televised appearance, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, had a media conference call TODAY.

if you are wondering what she had to say.....

“We’re not seeing community spread here in the United States, yet, but it’s very possible, even likely, that it may eventually happen. Our goal continues to be slowing the introduction of the virus into the U.S. This buys us more time to prepare communities for more cases and possibly sustained spread.”

the CDC is working with state and local health departments “to ready our public health workforce to respond to local cases and the possibility this outbreak could become a pandemic.” The CDC is collaborating with supply chain partners, hospitals, pharmacies and manufacturers to understand what medical supplies are needed.

“This will help CDC understand when we may need to take more aggressive measures to ensure that health-care workers on the front lines have access to the supplies that they need. We are reviewing all of our pandemic materials and adapting them to COVID-19.”

Messonnier POINTED TO CHINA, where schools and businesses have been shuttered for weeks to contain the outbreak there, saying the U.S. may eventually need to do the same.

The day may come where we may need to implement such measures in this country,” she said.
CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on COVID-19
edit on 2020-02-21T18:14:25-06:0006America/Chicago02C-0600Feb-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Saw this linked on twitter not long ago, it's the CDC press briefing but over the phone
www.cdc.gov...

Very interesting and about 8 minutes in Nancy (the same one from that text expose a few days ago) talks about the 'very aggressive measures they are currently taking' and also says it is likely to become a pandemic.
Listening carefully, she uses the word 'when' as opposed to 'if' a fair few times.
I reckon a pandemic announcement soon

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Lester Holt just had 5 minutes on the nightly news about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp

CDC prepares for possibility coronavirus becomes a pandemic and businesses, schools need to be close

rather than a televised appearance, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, had a media conference call today.

i[...]

Ah good you got written quotes
Posted same time as me - snap
edit on Fri Feb 21 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen

Lester Holt just had 5 minutes on the nightly news about it.

5 minutes of puking out the same thing over and over. I think THATS an epidemic larger than the virus. People need info.. but not the half info they are getting. I still do research on this under its original name of nCoV and betaCoV. When I research under Covid.. I get regurgitated junk. Clever monkeys!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I guess Ms Nancy from the CDC thought a telephone briefing might b safer than in a room packed with people that she didn’t know, breathing the same air that she was?
edit on b000000292020-02-21T18:20:47-06:0006America/ChicagoFri, 21 Feb 2020 18:20:47 -0600600000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I guess Ms Nancy from the CDC thought a telephone briefing might b safer than in a room packed with people that she didn’t know, breathing the same air that she was?

Nancy Messonnier from NCIRD?? Shes the director of that division. Or was it Nancy Knight? I gotta go for a bit, but let me know which one it is.. may have some insight. We had a teleconference with the CDC like a week ago. Thats never happened.. I spoke about it on the first thread I think.

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join