It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 199
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
"Authorities have asked about 6,700 people in California to isolate and monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19"

www.sfchronicle.com...

Did they lock down Chinatown?

You realize the nightmare scenario out there is for this to get into the homeless population. There is no containing it then.

Can anyone put a figure on the US self quarantines based on all the reports?

That other article mentioned what around 5,000? This is in additional right? So we'd be somewhere around 12,000 self self quarantines, and '35' confirmed and how many have we still got that haven't been publized yet?

Yea, not good.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: BruceZuckerberg

A 38 year old member of a RUNNING CLUB is in critical condition.... this ain't the flu.

What has his membership of a running club got to do with his susceptibility to contracting a virus?

Ummm he is younger, runs so presumably healthy so there is that for us that dont have our head in the sand!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Advantage

Reason I ask is if there are 14 bio containment units (if that is correct) across the country, Chicago seems a bit far.

Whereas there have been posts related to UNMC in Omaha and how great that facility was during other exotic outbreaks. Having its own specialized containment center for this exact thing...

Yes. Their facility is top notch.
We were located at Offutt for many years.
I wonder exacrtly how many facilities we have truly. I DO know Fort Detrick has some stuff ... well look it up
Youll get what Im getting at.

www.cityoffrederickmd.gov...
edit on 21-2-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a bad feeling that if there were infected people in Chinatown, and homeless beggars, that if the homeless were given money from anyone unwittingly infected, then probably it is already loose in the homeless population.

The Chinese are fumigating and quarantining their cash … because it is a perfect fomite for disease transmission.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Yeah, it is. They don't know when or why or how you shed to infect others, only that it's obvious some do and some do not when they test positive no matter what their own symptomatic state is.

The thing people don't get is that we don't know very much about dealing with viruses, not really. Most of the things we do know about them, we've been learning thanks to HIV/AIDS research and advances in genetics these past couple of decades. Prior to that, our best defense against them was a vaccine which is very, very specific and doesn't work well with all viruses because so many strains mutate so easily from year to year, or to simply support the body by treating symptoms as best we can.

Anti-viral medications are a very new thing.

And it's going to be hard for a lot of people to process that for everything modern medicine can do, it still cannot fight a virus like this very effectively, not head on.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a bad feeling that if there were infected people in Chinatown, and homeless beggars, that if the homeless were given money from anyone unwittingly infected, then probably it is already loose in the homeless population.

The Chinese are fumigating and quarantining their cash … because it is a perfect fomite for disease transmission.

What a great idea.. a cashless society.
/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It's the fact that he's young, and I would assume in reasonable shape being in a running club- yet still in critical condition ? Seems a bit odd, no ?

Not really.

I believe this virus is virulent, and I'd wager that many of the thousand + dead were also young and in previous good health, so no, I don't think a 38 year old member of a running club being in a critical condition is an odd scenario at all in these worrying times.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

It's the fact that he's young, and I would assume in reasonable shape being in a running club- yet still in critical condition ? Seems a bit odd, no ?

Not really.

I believe this virus is virulent, and I'd wager that many of the thousand + dead were also young and in previous good health, so no, I don't think a 38 year old member of a running club being in a critical condition is an odd scenario at all in these worrying times.

The vid I saw.. the young man was maybe in his 30's.
A "smart" virus likes the healthy folks. It might take the old or young or those with preexisting conditions mainly cause its a freaking virus. BUT.. the ones it likes are the spreaders. The host that gives it the greatest opportunities.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Cashless society. Maybe that is where they will try to push us all, but the paper 'cash' is the problem.

The counter-push should be to return to metals for currency, which can be easily dunked in sterilizing solution, and re-used easily. The paper is the problem, but don't tell the US Federal reserve hahahah

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

However once you start thinking about 1 million being infected then building 19 more “hospitals” makes sense.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Cashless society. Maybe that is where they will try to push us all, but the paper 'cash' is the problem.

The counter-push should be to return to metals for currency, which can be easily dunked in sterilizing solution, and re-used easily. The paper is the problem, but don't tell the US Federal reserve hahahah

Really..
They were burning the cash at one point. Someone posted a link to the article. With no cash.. no way to survive.. a populace is at the mercy of its government.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
"Authorities have asked about 6,700 people in California to isolate and monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19"

www.sfchronicle.com...

Did they lock down Chinatown?

You realize the nightmare scenario out there is for this to get into the homeless population. There is no containing it then.

Probably too late. They'd have to put a massive glass bubble over San Fran and Sacramento.

May need to re-evaluate protocols.

Vincent Lee
‏Verified account @Rover829

BEIJING, Feb 21 (Reuters) - A coronavirus patient initially discharged following recovery in southwestern Sichuan province's Chengdu city has been readmitted after testing positive again during a quarantine period at home, the city's public health clinical center said on Friday.
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Funny how the silver coins killed off the Bacteria by suffocating them. But I don't know how silver reacts with viruses. Ships captains used to put silver coins in the ships water supply to keep it sweet.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This feels like a slow drip feed
Especially in the USA where there aren't a huge amount of confirmed cases (or any major change to our knowledge recently)

U.S. CDC official Nancy Messonnier: "We are working with state, local, and territorial health departments to ready our public health workforce to respond to local cases and the possibility this outbreak could become a pandemic"

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Ding, we have a winner.

Recent running science supports exactly what you said. Less reserves of energy = illness prone.

This is why smart runners space their training out, don’t get injured or sick as often, and enjoy longer running careers.

If the guy in critical condition is a hardcore runner, ultra endurance athlete or just trains wrong I’m willing to bet he gets sick from a cold wind. The virus would take him down quickly.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

So did he ever actually clear the virus? That would be my question.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
First death in Italy

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ill post it again.. so things are clear and not muddied with the complete crap. You have NO idea how many agencies under Homeland security we have for this and other biological hazards.

This is what I asked the so called biochemist on here.. questions about the orf 8.No reply. Im not pulling this out of my ass.. we discussed this a few weeks ago at work. Thats why I shared it here.

The current outbreak by a new coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, appears to have started in an open market in Wuhan, China. It seems likely that the original host was a bat, but that remains to be proven. The genome sequence of 2019-CoV shows that Orf8 is intact. If it is not lost during subsequent virus circulation in humans, the outbreak could be more severe.

Link

Current

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Funny how the silver coins killed off the Bacteria by suffocating them. But I don't know how silver reacts with viruses. Ships captains used to put silver coins in the ships water supply to keep it sweet.

That was the whole silver spoon thing during the Plague too.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thank You

top topics

<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join