It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dragons exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I read a quote somewhere about the host of that show saying that he went in a skeptic and came out a skeptic but has to asmit that it may have been possible.

Basically the show is going to take an hour or two of your time to tell you that there is no proof that dragons existed but at the same time there is no proof that they do not exist. Since there are lots of stories about them and you can rationalize anything if you want to, then it can't be ruled out that they did exist. Keep in mind these people are simply selling entertainment.

I may watch it if it happens to be on while I'm at the TV, if only to see the cheesy animations they make of dragons.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i saw a FAKE doucmentary about what dragons could have been like and coinsidence there was your "water dragon." people seem to have got confused by it and thought it was a real life thing, im afraid as ant evidence shows dragons are a fallacy.

Nakor

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Ok joe and betty told stories to their kids, were did joe and betty get their stories from?

Yes, indeed, I have encountered an ant-like creature in my back yard that shot a plasma ray at me and now I have a hole in my ear. I tried running away from the firing plasma ray ant, but he just was too fast.

Where did i get that "story" i easily could tell my kids or others?

Pure fib/imagination - I could go into detail and make it scary about some sort of rare ant. Kids believe whatever their parents tell them, ficticious or not when they are younger.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hear hear, kids let their imaginations run riot!

I miss being a kid though...the good old days...

Anyway, whilst we're on the topic of dragons here, has anyone got any valid information on komodo dragons, and do they breathe fire or not?!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wendellion
Anyway, whilst we're on the topic of dragons here, has anyone got any valid information on komodo dragons, and do they breathe fire or not?!

are you serious??? no they don't breath fire........although because they feed on rotting flesh......they're breath probably would MAKE you wish you were on fire!!

i'll give you some links on them..........

www.isidore-of-seville.com...

www.amnh.org...

hopefully that will help you a bit............they're very fierce.........good swimmers.......lay eggs................they can grow up to 10ft long and weigh over 300lbs.......they carry poisonous bacteria in their mouths so that once they bite something it will set up an infection and the creature will die...sometimes taking 2-3 days to die...........

angie

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Seeing that we are on the subject of lizzard's, Can someone please explain to me why London (the centre in particular) is covered in serpent/dragon/lizzard emblems/statues????

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Can anyone say... BS?

Don't worry guys, I saw a dragon too! He was in a cave near my house, guarding all this treasure, and I felt like plunderin' so I walked up to the cave and out comes this HUGE, Red Dragon, and he's breathin' fire and roarin' all over the place. So I try to pinch this nice-lookin' diamond, but I wound up with 1st-Degree burns all over my body, but I just walked it off. Anyway they're real alright, if you see a cave near your house, don't go into it...

*Thy Moderator, descend down from thine divine heavens, and place the thy great "lock thread" spell upon thine echanted, BS topic*

[edit on 11/3/05 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm afraid to tell you that the only dragon that exist in our world is forever illustrated on the Welsh flag:

An attempt by a country to hold onto some weird fetish-like archaic revival.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanx for the links amb!

Komodo Dragons Rock!

They're pretty close to species from the prehistoric past really aren't they?

Anyway on the subject of dragons, I think Wales should have a sheep on their flag...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Can anyone say... BS?

Don't worry guys, I saw a dragon too! He was in a cave near my house, guarding all this treasure, and I felt like plunderin' so I walked up to the cave and out comes this HUGE, Red Dragon, and he's breathin' fire and roarin' all over the place. So I try to pinch this nice-lookin' diamond, but I wound up with 1st-Degree burns all over my body, but I just walked it off. Anyway they're real alright, if you see a cave near your house, don't go into it...

*Thy Moderator, descend down from thine divine heavens, and place the thy great "lock thread" spell upon thine echanted, BS topic*

[edit on 11/3/05 by The Godfather of Conspira]

Maybe you should stop being so f****** ignorant!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I believe all of the dragon imagery in London is based on the legend of St. George, the patron saint of England who reportedly slew the last remaining dragon. England has often used a dragon because of this legend. I believe its a way of saying, hey look how tough our patron saint is.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i ahrdly think that why, no one now or then really thought theat it woud be cool to show off a brutish and strong patron saint, it just an emblem there are dragons all over the shop and lions on pound coins and england "soccer" tops. i think the lion is a sign of imperialistic values although no one thik sof them as that now.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I bet you guys, someone is this forum, is gonna claim that dragon can only be seen in higher dimension, and would only allow certain people to see them. And that long long ago they existed, but they acended or something... lol, you know we have some crazy people in here, YOU KNOW, I KNOW U KNOW!!!

Anyways, I'm not closing the possiblity that dragon does exist, but i heard somewhere that dragons were really dinosaurs. Im not saying dinosaur co-existed with human, i heard that pictures of dragons or mystical beast drawn long ago were drawn from skeleton dino skeleton. Like paleontologist of today they draw sketches of what dinosaurs would look life if they were alive today. Same with ancient civilization, they draw sketches of the animal from skeletons, they discover, and thus u have your mystical beast. Since sometimes the dinosaur skeleton or animal skeleton isnt complete the ancient had to use their "IMAGINATION"
, and thus they create their own complete drawing of a dinosaur, or dragon.

But, i dont want to give up HOPE, ill be cool if dragon or dinosaur exist

[edit on 11-3-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
HEY, you can't see dragons because they exist in a Higher Dimension!!

Only those pure of thought and mind will be ascended to meet our Dragon masters, people like Elvis!!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nakor666,

I may be mistaken but I do believe that in the 100 years war, England and France would often shout the names of their patron saints when going to battle. It was a way of saying god is on our side. Hence the display of the dragon as proof of God's mandate to England.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Now, don't take this like I'm some kind of religious fanatic that believes anything that is printed in the Bible. In fact, I am not Christian. But, I have to say, this is something to think about when talking about Dragons

(Taken from a New Revised Standard Version Holy Bible, with Apocryphal and Deuterocanonical Books, Luthern Bible)

Bel and the Dragon
Chapter 14 of the Greek Version of Daniel

(I'll skip past the priests of Bel part, and go right to the dragon)

23 Now in that place there was a great dragon, which the Babylonians revered.
24 The king said to Daniel, "You cannot deny that this is a living god; so worship him."
25 Daniel said, "I worship the Lord my God, for he is the living God.
26 But give me permission, O king, and I will kill the dragon without club or poison." The king said, I give you permission.
27 Then Daniel took pitch, fat, and hair, and boiled them together and made cakes, which he fed to the dragon. The dragon ate them, and burst open. Then Daniel said, "See what you have been worshipping!"
28 When the Babylonians herad about it, they were very indigant and conspired against the king, saying, "The king has become a Jew; he has destroyed Bel, and killed the dragon, and slaughtered the priests."
29 Going to the king they said "Hand Daniel over to us, or else we will kill you and your household."
30 The king saw that they were pressing him hard, and unter complusion he handed Daniel over to them.

(Then comes Daniel in the lions den)

That's a bit strange isn't it? Real dragons during biblical times? Symbolic meaning? Or is everything in the bible as crazy as dragons (something I wouldn't doubt)?

MisfitDiver

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Dragons do exsist they are just no longer on this plane. humans became to corrupt and them being so noble so to speak no longer wanted to physicaly indure humans pressence. although i have never seen one myself i have heard of those who had one of my books danceing with dragons is about a man who can see into the astral plane and sees them he also includes others who have seen them.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Misfit, you missed the point of the story. Bel was an idol, a fake.

Bel and the Dragon
(Chapter 14 of the Greek version of Daniel)
Daniel and the Priests of Bel
1 When King Astyages was laid to rest with his ancestors, Cyrus the Persian succeeded to his kingdom. 2Daniel was a companion of the king, and was the most honored of all his Friends.
3 Now the Babylonians had an idol called Bel, and every day they provided for it twelve bushels of choice flour and forty sheep and six measuresa of wine. 4The king revered it and went every day to worship it. But Daniel worshiped his own God.
So the king said to him, "Why do you not worship Bel?" 5He answered, "Because I do not revere idols made with hands, but the living God, who created heaven and earth and has dominion over all living creatures."
6 The king said to him, "Do you not think that Bel is a living god? Do you not see how much he eats and drinks every day?" 7And Daniel laughed, and said, "Do not be deceived, O king, for this thing is only clay inside and bronze outside, and it never ate or drank anything."
8 Then the king was angry and called the priests of Belb and said to them, "If you do not tell me who is eating these provisions, you shall die. 9But if you prove that Bel is eating them, Daniel shall die, because he has spoken blasphemy against Bel." Daniel said to the king, "Let it be done as you have said."
10 Now there were seventy priests of Bel, besides their wives and children. So the king went with Daniel into the temple of Bel. 11The priests of Bel said, "See, we are now going outside; you yourself, O king, set out the food and prepare the wine, and shut the door and seal it with your signet. 12When you return in the morning, if you do not find that Bel has eaten it all, we will die; otherwise Daniel will, who is telling lies about us." 13They were unconcerned, for beneath the table they had made a hidden entrance, through which they used to go in regularly and consume the provisions. 14After they had gone out, the king set out the food for Bel. Then Daniel ordered his servants to bring ashes, and they scattered them throughout the whole temple in the presence of the king alone. Then they went out, shut the door and sealed it with the king's signet, and departed. 15During the night the priests came as usual, with their wives and children, and they ate and drank everything.
16 Early in the morning the king rose and came, and Daniel with him. 17The king said, "Are the seals unbroken, Daniel?" He answered, "They are unbroken, O king." 18As soon as the doors were opened, the king looked at the table, and shouted in a loud voice, "You are great, O Bel, and in you there is no deceit at all!"
19 But Daniel laughed and restrained the king from going in. "Look at the floor," he said, "and notice whose footprints these are." 20The king said, "I see the footprints of men and women and children."
21 Then the king was enraged, and he arrested the priests and their wives and children. They showed him the secret doors through which they used to enter to consume what was on the table. 22Therefore the king put them to death, and gave Bel over to Daniel, who destroyed it and its temple.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

An attempt by a country to hold onto some weird fetish-like archaic revival.

Hey! I'm descended from Wales and am a big dragon afficianado!

Anyhow, this upcoming tv special looks interesting....

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13
Dragons do exsist they are just no longer on this plane. humans became to corrupt and them being so noble so to speak no longer wanted to physicaly indure humans pressence. although i have never seen one myself i have heard of those who had one of my books danceing with dragons is about a man who can see into the astral plane and sees them he also includes others who have seen them.

my case proven!!! sorry rapier i knew u were joking, but you can join the group of people too. What did i say some body is going to say dragon ascended to the higher plane, and only people of pure heart can see them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join