It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doty Files – What is the Real Truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It's a lot more complicated than just that.

As a new comer to all this I am hoping to hear this often. It is so much more satisfying when bones have meat on them.

Edit: Going to add this here since it's relevant: I just finished the Alejandro FOIA re: Bennewitz. A word comes to mind: Wild.

edit on 13-2-2020 by Chompstyle because: ...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Added to a rapidly growing reading list. ty.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Chompstyle

If Richard Doty had ever revealed any classified information publicly then he would be in jail long before now.

When it comes to talking about UFOs and aliens there are a number of people in, and connected to, US Military Intelligence who are quite happy to make revelations to so called "UFO Researchers". However if they ask about secret military hardware, classified operations and the like they will rapidly shut up.

Most other nations just never say a word about it. The Commonwealth Nations, who are part of the Five Eyes agreement, generally say very little. UFO cases are much rarer. Claimed cases of alien contact cases even rarer still. All have far less UFOtainment personalities as well. Mossad is closely affiliated to the American IC and also spies on America. Yet you never hear of much coming out out of Israel either.

American "ufology" is fuelled by the mythology that began in the 1980s. People like Doty, Moore and others still around now were all a part of it. But due to the massive UFOtainment industry that has grown out of it everything is preserved as a mystery. No one solves any cases. No one calls a guest out on their radio/podcast shows. Nothing moves forward. The rest of the world just smirks.

edit on 13/2/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Mcmillans doty files are back up online

click

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Did he take them offline again? They are of little value as they don't reveal anything of interest about his meddling in the murky worlds of ufology and espionage.

However there is a very old interview with Doty from 1990 with arch debunker Phil Klass for those who want to delve deeper.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

...UFOtainment...

That FOIA was fascinating. To me, and briefly, the story goes: Lights in the sky are reported by various security personnel for a few months. Base commander is notified, who notifies most of the big departments doing stuff on Kirkland of possible security concern. Bennewitz hears this and has been recording/analyzing/making himself a little crazy about these lights for a while and decides now is the time to share with everyone what he 'knows'. In the aftermath of this security concern, Bennewitz get's himself a meeting with a B. General and his leadership team on the base. He shows them his 'proof' and asks for money. They tell him no thanks. He does not take this well. He calls in a threat to force their hand, and (presumably since he's a business man with a government contract) calls the senators he's been giving a lot of money too. They send over someone to look at all his #, and discover he's been recording secret weapons testing on the base. He's also calling in threats, wasting a general's time/going over his head, calling senators he's got connections with and being crazy....something needs to be done. Senators put pressure on AFOSI, and they # with poor benny till he goes a little nuts. End story.

I don't see how you get from that (albeit interesting event that I still have tons of questions about) to Doty in "unacknowledged".

I do see how, given the incentives of a UFOtainment industry and the features of this story that ARE true, Doty could recognize a unique opportunity for personal gain. Personal gain that happens to move the focus off of two state senator's personal involvement = bonus. That makes a lot more sense that him not being dead or in jail if his story is true.
edit on 14-2-2020 by Chompstyle because: words

edit on 14-2-2020 by Chompstyle because: more words

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don't see how you get from that (albeit interesting event that I still have tons of questions about) to Doty in "unacknowledged".

2. Richard Doty: Air Force Office of Special Investigations

Richard Doty was a Special Agent for Counter-Intelligence for the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI). For over eight years he was specifically tasked with the UFO/Extraterrestrial issue at Kirkland Air Force Base in New Mexico and also at Nellis Air Force Base (the so-called Area 51) and at other locations. In July of 2016, Dr. Greer met Richard Doty in Albuquerque, New Mexico for an explosive and revealing three-hour interview where Doty confirmed the existence of a False Flag operation regarding UFOs , the corruption of the media, the U.S. Government’s responsibility for civilian injuries in the famous Cash-Landrum UFO case, and much more.

Dr. Greer has said this is one of the most important interviews he has ever done.

Taking Misclosure Siriusly

You may keep the pun!

I'd agree with Greer on that note, this is one of the more important interviews. I never saw someone lie so much, and so thoroughly, during a single interview. The eye-movement alone reveals a lot, even if you would ignore his nervous start.

Of course, many people will look at Greer as being part of that now. And rightly so. You can't simple perpetuate the lies, apply no critical thought whatsoever, and expect unconditional love from the viewers. Bennewitz Light for a bigger audience, if you will.
Makes me wonder if Greer ever regretted his performance during that interview.

I do see how, given the incentives of a UFOtainment industry and the features of this story that ARE true, Doty could recognize a unique opportunity for personal gain. Personal gain that happens to move the focus off of two state senator's personal involvement = bonus. That makes a lot more sense that him not being dead or in jail if his story is true.

How is this a personal achievement when it's part of a more concerted effort to misinform the public?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I use to have a little respect for Greer until he put that lying guy in his movie.

Just because a person, for whatever reason will say, “yeah ufos are real” yet you know him to be a disinformation agent, liar, and deceiver, still for your own purposes you put him on the screen to jabber some pro "ufos are real" cliches perpetuating his fame.

Doty should have been totally ignored by so-called ufologists. Every time they use him as a source, or for whatever reason, they degrade themselves. He mocks and belittles them any chance he gets, and still lies and deceives them with alacrity.

edit on 14-2-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

the Aquarius C doc download doesnt work

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

I didn't post the link.

But what appears to have happened is that this forum has a script that wipes out the URL for some reason.

Try this link instead : Aquarius C pdf

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It's Kirtland, not Kirkland. Always has been.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

It's Kirtland, not Kirkland. Always has been.

This is a good one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Looking for even a shred of truth from the UFO community seems a lost cause. Agendas piled on top of agendas and subagendas.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: penroc3

I didn't post the link.

But what appears to have happened is that this forum has a script that wipes out the URL for some reason.

Try this link instead : Aquarius C pdf

ohhh yeah sorry about that, but thank you

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Doty is one of the only mystery left in the UFO field.
The problem is most books and writtings about this saga are written with too much trust for Doty's or Moore's point of view.

The Bennewitz Papers by Christa Tilton is interesting cause you get some first hand account from Bennewitz which helped me confirming that at least Doty wasn't the only one feeding him some BS at the time.

The whole disinfo operation on one guy to cover some program still looks very phony to me.

Also Doty lied about Xfiles, in an interview (can't remember which one) he said he was consulted for the season 2 final episodes but his name doesn't appear on the credits. Also I've read (unconfirmed source) that Chris Carter denied consulting him in an interview.

There are many questions left regarding Doty. WAS his uncle the same Doty who directed Project Twinkle is a big one.
I have yet to read X-descending but it looks a little bit too much believer oriented from the start from what I've gathered.
edit on 15-2-2020 by Spektremshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spektremshill

There are many questions left regarding Doty. WAS his uncle the same Doty who directed Project Twinkle is a big one.

Yes he was

Also on the xfiles thingy, there is this thread from a good bygone era when things were nicer and life simpler that has me on the fence on the xfiles thingy

Click

edit on 15-2-2020 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Looking for even a shred of truth from the UFO community seems a lost cause.

Naah mate still plenty of great researchers out there conducting some extremely interesting research into the mystery of unidentified flying objects - obviously objectivity is important but when it comes to agenda based individuals pushing their bullsh#t preconceptions on people they definitely come from both sides of the debate.

Have to strongly disagree with you there - Doty running government sponsored UFO disinfo campaigns out of Kirtland is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to mysterious historical and global aspects of UFOs/OVNIs/UAP (and USOs).

The thread title asks 'What is the real truth?' and I found your comment to be a very silly one.

Cheers.
edit on 15-2-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Also Doty lied about Xfiles, in an interview (can't remember which one) he said he was consulted for the season 2 final episodes but his name doesn't appear on the credits. Also I've read (unconfirmed source) that Chris Carter denied consulting him in an interview.

I have yet to read X-descending but it looks a little bit too much believer oriented from the start from what I've gathered.

According to Greg Bishop Doty even wrote the screenplay for the episode "The Blessing way " but was not credited and appeared in episodes as an extra.
Doty told me that he was also a consultant of "Taken".

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Have to strongly disagree with you there - Doty running government sponsored UFO disinfo campaigns out of Kirtland is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to mysterious historical and global aspects of UFOs/OVNIs/UAP (and USOs).

The thread title asks 'What is the real truth?' and I found your comment to be a very silly one.

Cheers.

Well if you consider he got his hands deep in almost every aspect of the past 40 years of Ufology that's not "just a drop in the bucket". And you're right, I don't think this thread will be the place to discuss the reality of UFOs. Cheers.

originally posted by: IMSAM

Yes he was

I know he's mentioned his father and uncle being in the Air Force on different occasions but has he confirmed his uncle was the same guy? Even if he did I'd need something more to confirm.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Spektremshill

If you mean if doty himself has said edwards is or was his uncle, no i dont know if he has, but Edward doty was his uncle. Now if you mean reputable sources that say That edward doty was rick dotys uncle then yes there are plenty. Mark pilkingtons "mirage men" eg or Creg bishops "project beta"

On recent UFO Updates posts, Edward Doty's involvement with AFOSI and his relationship to Richard Doty was contested. However, in follow-up e-mails initiated by Bill Hamilton with Richard Doty and the still-living Edward Doty, both confirmed that Edward Doty was really an intelligence officer whose primary job responsibility was UFO
investigations and who worked very closely with AFOSI.

Both also indicated that Edward Doty was Richard Doty's uncle. Both Doty's also stated that Charles Doty was Richard's father. Edward Doty added the following interesting comment in a response remail to Richard Doty: "Your dad and I were involved in Project Cup, which was more about UFOs than about Weather! Ask him sometime about that." There is a suggestion here by Doty that some of the weather and ballooning projects were actually covers for UFO investigations.

From here

Lately ol ricky has been going about reptilian alien and what not. Stuff that aesop would be proud of

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join