It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doty Files – What is the Real Truth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
a reply to: Spektremshill

If you mean if doty himself has said edwards is or was his uncle, no i dont know if he has, but Edward doty was his uncle. Now if you mean reputable sources that say That edward doty was rick dotys uncle then yes there are plenty. Mark pilkingtons "mirage men" eg or Creg bishops "project beta"

On recent UFO Updates posts, Edward Doty's involvement with AFOSI and his relationship to Richard Doty was contested. However, in follow-up e-mails initiated by Bill Hamilton with Richard Doty and the still-living Edward Doty, both confirmed that Edward Doty was really an intelligence officer whose primary job responsibility was UFO
investigations and who worked very closely with AFOSI.

Both also indicated that Edward Doty was Richard Doty's uncle. Both Doty's also stated that Charles Doty was Richard's father. Edward Doty added the following interesting comment in a response remail to Richard Doty: "Your dad and I were involved in Project Cup, which was more about UFOs than about Weather! Ask him sometime about that." There is a suggestion here by Doty that some of the weather and ballooning projects were actually covers for UFO investigations.

From here

Lately ol ricky has been going about reptilian alien and what not. Stuff that aesop would be proud of

I think his uncle was alive when he said this... here are those emails:

ufoupdateslist.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
quote]originally posted by: karl 12

There's a relevant post here about Doty and James Oberg working out of Kirtland AFB and wondered if anyone knows for sure that it was Doty masquerading as 'Falcon' on the TV programme ''UFO Cover Up Live' (also starring Oberg).

Hey karl i had the impression that the falcon was indeed doty in that documentary, the name given to doty by non other than moore. Redferns latest book makes claims of 2 falcons,the second having a european accent but i would take that with a boulder of salt.

Also, in early December 1988, a ranking member of the production team responsible for the "UFO Cover Up? -- Live" television documentary confirmed that Doty is "Falcon". This same individual also identified the second MJ-12 source who appeared on the program, "Condor", as Robert Collins who was, until recently, a Captain in the U.S. Air Force. Like Doty, he was stationed at KAFB when he left the service late last year.

Link

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Willtell

What I am convinced about is that during the late 1970s- 1980s, meddling in the UFO community stateside hit new heights of creativity. Before then cases like Roswell and the Battle of LA were little more than dull footnotes..

Interesting dates there MM, redferns new book has him going to great lengths to show that them ruskies were behind most ufo cases. The 1970-1980 being the pinnacle of counterintelligence action from them. Most interesting though is the fact that he is trying hard to be more catholic than the pope in that book, he is trying really hard to sound 101% american for whatever reason. Im not convinced though on those claims tbh despite his thorough work.

I have yet to see one boris crop up though anywhere all these years. What i have seen is this guy and others

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spektremshill

Well if you consider he got his hands deep in almost every aspect of the past 40 years of Ufology

Sorry to say this mate but if you actually believe that you are either woefully ignorant or in pathological denial.
edit on 15-2-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sometimes we're guilty, me included, of being a little hard on ufology. There are serious, sincere, and honest researchers in ufology I want to personally give cred to. Many are on this site. Great people! I'm honored and privileged to learn from them.

Nothing wrong with interviewing Doty for the sake of research but ufologists should have some self-respect and call him out, IMO.

Imagine if Doty had an AMA here. That would be pretty funny.

edit on 15-2-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

No it would not. The little bit have watched re how he engages out in the wilds . I consider him pretty arrogant.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

When I say funny I don't mean it literally. I mean in terms of he would likely be run outta here, pretty quick.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: Spektremshill

Well if you consider he got his hands deep in almost every aspect of the past 40 years of Ufology

Sorry to say this mate but if you actually believe that you are either woefully ignorant or in pathological denial.

I think Doty wasn’t too prevalent in the earlier eras of ufology only in the 80s and later when he tried to entrap LMH on some scam.

Of course, maybe he does go back further, that's unclear.

Doty did hang around UFO events and that is where I don’t understand he didn’t get thrown out.

They booed and hissed Bill Moore but why do they give Doty a pass.

Maybe because Doty claims, well I was only doing my job. Moore was sort of a traitor people may think.

Why that won't pass is very simple...? No one should take it personally; No one doesn’t like Doty because for any personal reasons; so sure it may have been his job, but that still makes him dangerous and anathema to getting to the truth. The government as an entity can be very dangerous.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Anyone want to play a game?

Who is the alleged Man in Black in this video?

It should start at the right place and there's a subtle clue on the cafe sign as it starts.....

He talks so much crap it's almost smellyvision.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Let me guess.

Doty

He should ask Doty, whether they lie as he does

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A lot of people trash on Doty and don't believe his influence was such a big deal but I'm pretty sure this ufo forum wouldn't even be a thing if it wasn't for him.
In some way I have a lot of admiration for Doty, wether he was just a pawn in a big disinfo game or one of the best science fiction writter in the century. And if it wasn't for him I would have leave the Ufo field a long time ago, too bad for some of you I'm still there, ready to dismiss your religion. Thank you for the links about his uncle even if it seems pretty "doty oriented" at first glance.
edit on 15-2-2020 by Spektremshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: Chompstyle

It's Kirtland, not Kirkland. Always has been.

This is a good one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice plug Karl, I like how you link to the Tex-files thread too!

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That's a few solid points right there, and this is one that deserves more attention:

Doty should have been totally ignored by so-called ufologists. Every time they use him as a source, or for whatever reason, they degrade themselves. He mocks and belittles them any chance he gets, and still lies and deceives them with alacrity.

Critical inquiries have the power to confront the lies once they are around to make a difference. That interview is a good example of how interviews shouldn't be conducted if it's about the truth and integrity. But all this disinformation in plain sight could be a good thing when we can learn something from it's presence, analyze it's MO and start to immunize our system to the lies with the critical method. Threads like this in a nutshell, if you will.
There's no need to be shielded from the lies if we could learn how to protect ourselves instead, right?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I can't believe how ufology has become like an 80s High School Re-Union these days. Nothing ever dies or fades away. Old cases revived, old faces return. Still no proof of anything. Just believe it or argue about the minutiae. Rather than ask whether these people can prove what their overall claim is?

Because if they can't they have nothing.

Doty is now featured in an interview with Knapp.

Spying, disinformation accusations follow UFO figure Rick Doty — an exclusive interview

Archived for European Visitors that aren't important at all to the web hosts despite their claims too. Enjoy, endure or ignore.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I tried to endure. But, why at this particular time is Doty suddenly a feature.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Sometimes we're guilty, me included, of being a little hard on ufology. There are serious, sincere, and honest researchers in ufology I want to personally give cred to. Many are on this site. Great people! I'm honored and privileged to learn from them.

Nothing wrong with interviewing Doty for the sake of research but ufologists should have some self-respect and call him out, IMO.

it would have to be a video AMA run by a respectable and knowledgeable member that would call him and AMA questions BS, i feel like with a good liar you need to at the VERY least be able to see them, it might even need a few mods like from the aircraft, science, military projects etc forums here.(ill hold of on naming who i think would chair these seats best, but i will say not the site owners sorry springer)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If this is true then Doty spent much of his 'police' career moonlighting for Puthoff.

But what is true?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spektremshill

A lot of people trash on Doty and don't believe his influence was such a big deal but I'm pretty sure this ufo forum wouldn't even be a thing if it wasn't for him.

Well, that just opened up a yugggeeee can o worms.

Just added another layer of disinfo/agenda to the mix.

but the truth should all come out at the next Las Vegas or Scottsdale UFO Con. heehee....

Or perhaps it should be held in Albuquerque so LMH and Richard Hoagland won't have far to travel. Even Roswell maybe with George Noory singing us a song.

edit on 22-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
from mm's link archive.li...-1829.0-1833.373

Richard Doty is one of the most controversial figures in the history of the UFO. Doty had a 20-year career with the Air Force, including years as a special agent for the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI). During that time, he was assigned to conduct surveillance on a scientist, Paul Bennewitz, who had inadvertently acquired information about a classified Air Force program. Doty admits he fed disinformation to Bennewitz and to other UFO researchers. forged documents, and muddied the waters.
Since leaving military service, Doty worked as a police officer and has been the subject of numerous articles and documentaries. He has long been considered a poster child for UFO disinformation, that is, false information about UFOs distributed by the Pentagon. His fingerprints are seen — justifiably or not — on nearly every new source of UFO information that surfaces.

As you learn in life, not all bad things (Doty) are always 100 percent bad.

With Doty, if we have our heads screwed on right, we can use him to learn.

But we don’t have our heads screed on right if one judges by the way this guy is feted by the UFO community

What Doty tells us is that the IC is still openly spreading disinformation and trying to control the UFO agenda.

I personally am baffled that people can’t see or understand that and blindly wonder on, for example, in supporting a clear disinformation scheme like TTSA. These kinds of people should be ignored and understood to be anathema to finding the truth.

And giving Doty respect as a lamb would give respect to a wolf makes no sense.

Now, I'm a person that believes in redemption.

If this man wants to redeem himself, then he should publicly apologize and do something credible to contribute to ufology.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Does Doty have a mustache like Hitler?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

It must be a fashion fad. Maybe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join