It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise Ship Docked in N.J for Coronavirus Screening. WTF Alert.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: generik
seems to be working well for Japan.

Is it? How did the guy the virus who lived south of Tokyo weeks before this ship showed up?

and how much worse would it be if those 135 people now sick were wandering around free. especially those Americans and other nationalities that are sick had had been let travel home? each one of them spreading the sickness with those around them. each person who would travel to their home countries sharing their sickness with about 200 or so passengers on each aircraft, plus of course people in the airports they would be in. and just to make things worse it is possible that they can spread the virus even before they show symptoms. this is why they have been quarantined. it's about trying to stop it from being spread.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Says the hysteria machine, the numbers say otherwise.

What numbers are you referring to? Also, how do they say otherwise?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
and how much worse would it be if those 135 people now sick were wandering around free.

Oh, it'd be the total friggin zombie apocalypse according to nearly all the hysterics posting.

Or, you'd get home and hope that no one from anywhere has the flu as well because vectors just stop when you quarantine one cruise ship.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

Maybe before you ask a question you answer the one I asked first. It wasn't hard.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: generik
Exactly. And especially when the Chinese Medical people says the virus is now airborne.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Exactly. And especially when the Chinese Medical people says the virus is now airborne.

Wow, just like every other flu. This one is special.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Maybe before you ask a question you answer the one I asked first. It wasn't hard.

It has a different answer depending on the circumstances. It can be 100% effective in optimal conditions: infected, contagious person(s) is/are caught before any physical contact with other people and are isolated from the rest of the population until they are no longer contagious. The infection stops spreading to others.

There are a lot of things that can contribute to the effectiveness of a quarantine, but sub-100% does not mean "for the feelz" in any remote sense, and I think you're being disingenuous in saying this.

Now answer my question: what numbers are you referring to, and how do they say otherwise? I hope you're not going to attempt to draw a mortality rate (data still very much being collected) and then compare it against completed sets of data from, say, the 2018-2019 influenza season.

I did that and it was a huge mistake on my end.
edit on 10-2-2020 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

There are a lot of things that can contribute to the effectiveness of a quarantine, but sub-100% does not mean "for the feelz" in any remote sense, and I think you're being disingenuous in saying this.

Sub-100% means infected people are mixing with unquarantined people and spreading the virus, A.K.A. failure. If you don't have a 100% rate then you're imprisoning people for no reason other than feelz.

Now answer my question: what numbers are you referring to, and how do they say otherwise?

The numbers of 41,000 being infected in a region with tens of millions.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Wow, just like every other flu. This one is special.

This is not the flu at all, so yes, without any prior human resistance to it, it IS special

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
This is not the flu at all, so yes, without any prior human resistance to it, it IS special

We don't have 'prior human resistance' to every virus the first time it's encountered and we're still here.

Not special.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're here, I'm here, And a lot of others will be here, but there are also a lot that DON'T make it . We haven't had an previously unknown virus spread round the world at this rate in a while, whether it's killing in mass or not. So I'm giving it the 'special' designation. Just my opinion

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

We haven't had an previously unknown virus spread round the world at this rate in a while...

It's on par with SARS which was a nothing burger.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I doubt those that died from it thought that, but yes, thankfully it was contained

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I doubt those that died from it thought that, but yes, thankfully it was contained.

I'm sure the people that die from the yearly flu outbreaks aren't too thrilled either but it isn't the end of the world scenario that some are getting panicky over and looking to curtail other people's rights in the process.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Flu has been around for years, and pretty much is what it is. This is new, and still playing out, so no one in the world can say exactly how it will end. But end of the world scenario, I doubt. Still strange the extreme measures China took right out of the gate with this though

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Still strange the extreme measures China took right out of the gate with this though.

I'm never surprised by what totalitarians do, I am surprised when people here do it or ask to have it done.

edit on 10-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Q indicted it

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: openminded2011

No worries, as soon as that pesky Y2K and SARS gets handled.

False equivalency. Y2K WAS a conspiracy theory, the existence of the coronavirus and SARS is not. You seem very focused on putting a skeptical spin on any information that points towards this virus being a threat. This is a discussion forum, please allow us to discuss ALL perspectives.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I doubt those that died from it thought that, but yes, thankfully it was contained.

I'm sure the people that die from the yearly flu outbreaks aren't too thrilled either but it isn't the end of the world scenario that some are getting panicky over and looking to curtail other people's rights in the process.

Again, if this is in fact the case, why the "overreaction" of the Chinese govt in quarantining entire cities? Do they do that for the garden variety flu? If not, what is prompting them to do so with this particular virus? Aren't you just the least bit curious as to why? Me thinks you doth protest too little.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
False equivalency. Y2K WAS a conspiracy theory, the existence of the coronavirus and SARS is not.

No, it was a 'legitimate' concern based on people poorly understanding computer code.

...please allow us to discuss ALL perspectives.

You're free to panic, no one is stopping you.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Again, if this is in fact the case, why the "overreaction" of the Chinese govt in quarantining entire cities? Do they do that for the garden variety flu? If not, what is prompting them to do so with this particular virus? Aren't you just the least bit curious as to why?

That's what totalitarians do, they overreact.

Me thinks you doth protest too little.

Ooooooo, not so subtle insinuations. Me likey.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join