It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise Ship Docked in N.J for Coronavirus Screening. WTF Alert.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This could be the last mistake of Gov. Phil Murphy here in New Jersey. The source says 4 persons were sent to the hospital for evaluation and the rest were free to go.

First, they not even know yet the result of the 4 sick persons evaluation. Second, if the virus takes 2 weeks to show up, Why they let go the rest without quarantine ???

I guess we should wait 1 or 2 weeks to find out if they screwed it.

www.nj.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 7-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
“Gov. Phil Murphy says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention evaluated 27 people who recently traveled from mainland China. Of those, 23 were cleared and four were taken to the hospital for additional testing.“

So we are quarantining three flights from China contained on US Military bases, Japan has a cruise ship quarantined but this asshat decides to let everyone off to do as they please? This is really a big WTF moment. Typical Government!

Edit to add, that Cruise Ship in Japan, started off with a few confirmed cases just a few days ago, and today there are over 61 cases! Hellllooooo Murphy?? Anyone home?

edit on 7-2-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I was thinking the exact same thing. It makes no sense! If you say you are evaluating passengers out of an abundance of caution then you have to logically realize that others would have been in close contact with these people on the ship and they may be infected. When I saw them disembarking the ship I literally uttered a WTF. Many people who take a cruise fly in from somewhere else so this isn't just a Jersey problem. These people are going home to wherever that may be. This whole time the way this is being handled is baffling.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Exactly. Christ, just little bit of common sense. Very stupid decision, they did just what the virus needs to spread out. Must me an agenda.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DetectiveT
I was thinking the exact same thing. It makes no sense! If you say you are evaluating passengers out of an abundance of caution then you have to logically realize that others would have been in close contact with these people on the ship and they may be infected. When I saw them disembarking the ship I literally uttered a WTF. Many people who take a cruise fly in from somewhere else so this isn't just a Jersey problem. These people are going home to wherever that may be. This whole time the way this is being handled is baffling.

Yes, it's a WTF. I read the article like 5 times before posting it here. Hard to believe it.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ah, yes- the stupidity of government will doom civilization yet again.

I picked up some extra bleach last time I was out- maybe this weekend I'll stash a few kegs of fresh well water downstairs... Good thing I've got plenty of ammo for when the zombie hoards start roaming the streets!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I feel this could be a mistake of biblical proportion. I would like to more info on the passenger that are being screened. Perhaps hippa laws will kill us all.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

the CDC report the "Anthem of the Seas " situation - minmal risk

the govenor did not take any unilateral action hear

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

It's particularly alarming considering the fact that there are now more cases of asymptomatic transmission meaning someone who did not have symptoms or show signs of infection can still spread the nCov-2019 virus.

Buckle up folks...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Communist Party of China said folks talking about the virus and warning people were lying and spreading rumors, yet a month later it's devastating Wuhan and other mainland provinces.

I'm not saying I have the same level of distrusts of the CDC, but there is plenttyyy of mistrust to go around to all of these governments and government agencies...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
To say they were screened and cleared is just them lying. You can't screen for a virus with an up to 14 day incubation period and you can't screen asymptomatic carriers. It's a very bad move and probably politically motivated.

Maybe there were VIPs on board pressuring him.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Population reduction plan in effect
Stay safe and do what you can to survive when the stone hit the water

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the govenor did not take any unilateral action hear

He is the F# Governor of New Jersey. He could something about it instead of "go with the flow".

CDC doesn't have to tell him what to do. You'll see, if that crap gets spread in NJ because of this, CDC will say He had to take the decision, not them and Murphy will say "But, But...".

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Gee, do they now have a new test that's 100% accurate and can sound the "all clear" on people on minutes??? if so, they need to release it to all other countries! (this is in sarcasm)
edit on 7-2-2020 by GoldGlobal because: no reason

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hey, some people on this site think it's all a big prank and an overreaction by China. It makes you wonder where these optimistic beliefs come from.
I know, because in recent times two possible disasters didn't turn out to be a big problem for them [sod those that died though], so they guess that the next one will be the same.
It's cute but illogical.
I used this analogy before but it's like saying that if more than one kid has made up abuse allegations, you can just ignore the rest too, instead of treating each case as a reality until proven differently. The danger of poo-pooing a possible pandemic is just beyond me.
Even if nothing more [and enough has already] happens, it is one of the most serious outbreaks since the spanish flu.

And if I read once more that the normal flu is much worse and therefore this is absolutely nothing, I'll turn into the Hulk!

Maybe we can have a sticky post where it explains once and for all to these kids [I do not believe any of those that don't care are older than 25 or 30] why this is not comparable with any other flu or illness, even if...and I make this absolutely clear...even if nobody else dies from today onwards.

I don't even want to explain why any longer, because they never read any posts properly anyway and there is enough info out if they were interested in it [which they are not, because it's just a cold and China is gay] to use their braincells in a productive way.
I also think that at least one is a tro-llololl, as nobody can be that naive.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
Gee, do they now have a new test that's 100% accurate and can sound the "all clear" on people on minutes??? if so, they need to release it to all other countries! (this is in sarcasm)

Good point. Impossible to verify it that fast. As far as I know, the test can fail few times before it shows positive.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Are you surprised? I'll tell you I'm not because that man is an incompetent fool.
Now I have to worry about my mother getting this crap because she's a hairdresser who has a lot of older customers... and we know how the seniors love their cruises!

Murphy is the worst...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Extremely irresponsible, imo. What they should have done was quarantined everyone on the ship for 14 days then if nothing, let them go home. I honestly thought this virus would attack California pretty quick, now we are looking at two places that might not be abled to be contained. People are worried about the flu? Give me a break!! 🤦🤦🤦

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: 38181

Exactly. Christ, just little bit of common sense. Very stupid decision, they did just what the virus needs to spread out. Must me an agenda.

Nobody can be that stupid.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Anyone have an issue with taking out NJ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join