It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise Ship Docked in N.J for Coronavirus Screening. WTF Alert.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
You think that's totalitarian? I would have stopped all travel into the US 3 weeks ago. None, zero people enter our country.

And it wouldn't do jack ****.

When this all turns out to be a giant nothing burger come back to tell me about how it was engineered and how your simulation worked out.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman
What other option you suggest ?

None, particularly quarantines which are being done for feelz.

So, do nothing is better ?

Quarantines had been used for long time and after many, many years, nothing more efficient had been invented yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

You know there is a simulation running that predicts the amount of new cases and deaths on a daily basis. So far it has been right within 2 to 3 percent every day. It predicts that over 2 biliion will be infected by this and over 65 million will die within the next 18 months.

Do you have a link for that?

I'd really like to see it.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: awhispersecho

You know there is a simulation running that predicts the amount of new cases and deaths on a daily basis. So far it has been right within 2 to 3 percent every day. It predicts that over 2 biliion will be infected by this and over 65 million will die within the next 18 months.

Do you have a link for that?

I'd really like to see it.

Thanks.

Here is 1 from a few months ago. A what if scenario:

www.businessinsider.com...

Here is the 1 I was referring to run by AI. Says it's not reliable because of constant changing variables:

www.technicalpolitics.com...

There are many articles about each to be found. As I am out now, these are the easiest for me to send. Either way. I don't think it's something to risk.

edit on 9-2-2020 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2020 by awhispersecho because: Links not working

edit on 9-2-2020 by awhispersecho because: Links not working

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Doing nothing is better than locking people up to make someone feel better about things.

Quarantines had been used for long time and after many, many years, nothing more efficient had been invented yet.

The fact that they don't work on flu epidemics is reason enough not to use them. We going to start locking people up every flu season because amateur virologists are panicky?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The latest numbers surrounding the coronavirus show the death toll has risen above that of the SARS outbreak 17 years ago. At least 811 people have died with more than 37,000 confirmed cases in China alone.

Amateur what ?
edit on 9-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yup, total pandemic there. SARS was also a nothing burger.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What frequency eradicates this type of virus level
🤔

Scientists may one day be able to destroy viruses in the same way that opera singers presumably shatter wine glasses. New research mathematically determined the frequencies at which simple viruses could be shaken to death.

"The capsid of a virus is something like the shell of a turtle," said physicist Otto Sankey of Arizona State University. "If the shell can be compromised [by mechanical vibrations], the virus can be inactivated."

Recent experimental evidence has shown that laser pulses tuned to the right frequency can kill certain viruses. However, locating these so-called resonant frequencies is a bit of trial and error.

"Experiments must just try a wide variety of conditions and hope that conditions are found that can lead to success," Sankey told LiveScience.

To expedite this search, Sankey and his student Eric Dykeman have developed a way to calculate the vibrational motion of every atom in a virus shell. From this, they can determine the lowest resonant frequencies.

As an example of their technique, the team modeled the satellite tobacco necrosis virus and found this small virus resonates strongly around 60 Gigahertz (where one Gigahertz is a billion cycles per second), as reported in the Jan. 14 issue of Physical Review Letters.

A virus' death knell

All objects have resonant frequencies at which they naturally oscillate.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

What frequency eradicates this type of virus level

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

R.E.M. as prophecy...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

They need to suspend cruises until this thing is over. There is NO better way to spread a pandemic than to crowd a bunch of people together on a ship, then let them disembark to ALL over the country. That is NUTS given the present situation. You couldn't pay me a million bucks to get on a cruise ship right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
They need to suspend cruises until this thing is over.

And flights, and going to the movies, and shopping, and school, and work, and, and, and.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ok, I am a fool for espousing common sense then right?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

It isn't 'common sense', it's fear-mongering panic.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If a bunch of terrorists had boarded that cruise ship in Japan and taken 3,700 people hostage, and threatened to kill them one by one with an incurable disease, the entire WORLD would be screaming..."The HORROR, the TRAGEDY...somebody DO something to free them!!! This must END...immediately!!!

It would be all over every single MSM outlet and social media planet-wide, 24x7x365!

Yet when a government does the same flipping thing, it's suddenly "okay"???

Yeah, I'll agree, there's definitely a WTF???? moment going on here!!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Tell me in a month if I was wrong. Honestly I hope I am. If the Chinese are quarantining entire cities, you might want to tell them they are overreacting.
edit on 10-2-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

No worries, as soon as that pesky Y2K and SARS gets handled.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Doing nothing is better than locking people up to make someone feel better about things.

The fact that they don't work on flu epidemics is reason enough not to use them. We going to start locking people up every flu season because amateur virologists are panicky?

seems to be working well for Japan. the biggest cluster of sick from the virus, and they are all contained on the ship.

There are 65 new coronavirus cases aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship that's been under a quarantine since last week, Japan's health ministry announced Monday. With the latest cases, a total of 135 people from the ship have been confirmed to have the respiratory virus.
www.npr.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
seems to be working well for Japan.

Is it? How did the guy get the virus who lived south of Tokyo weeks before this ship showed up?

edit on 10-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I don't think you understand the purpose of a quarantine. It's not to make people "feel better about things", it's to isolate infected people until they are no longer contagious...

How do you know that quarantines don't work on flu epidemics? How did you come to that conclusion?

Also, why would we start locking people up every flu season? This is an extremely contagious and overwhelming strain, so quarantines are absolutely warranted in this case. We don't have extremely contagious strains like this every flu seasons--nowhere close to this degree.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda
I don't think you understand the purpose of a quarantine. It's not to make people "feel better about things", it's to isolate infected people until they are no longer contagious...

Are they 100% effective? If not then it's about the feelz.

This is an extremely contagious and overwhelming strain...

Says the hysteria machine, the numbers say otherwise. People aren't getting sick or dropping dead significantly higher than other flus let alone in unprecedented numbers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join