It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
"originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: tennisdawg

What do you mean? There's plenty of news on the virus if you look for it. I've found loads!"

If you look for it , yes it’s there. It isn’t a main headline on any of the major network websites .

And it certainly isn't any more reliable than what you get from the MSM either.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Maybe we should do a crowdfunding thing in the interests of science and fairness to all on ATS.

The croedfund is to send the 3 main antagonists who say this is nothing to one of the Chinese provinces for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Hilarious (not)...

This is like saying that because many people believe the quite substantial evidence that the DNC and the Ukrainians did in fact 'meddle in the 2016 elections', that means that the Russians didn't. Sorry, it isn't an either/or question.

It is very possible - I think even likely - that there is something extremely serious going on in China, with QuHan at its epicenter, but that whatever it is, it isn't the 'CoronaVirus', they are simply using that as a cover to desperately try to keep whatever it was that got out of their lab a secret - and they are also using this chaos to do away with as many known dissidents as possible at the same time.

So, while I am one who thins there is ZERO to fear from the CV based on the current known facts and evidence - subject to change of course with new facts/evidence - that doesn't mean I have a desire to go to WuHan and be exposed to whatever it is that escaped their lab.

Oh go on.

I'll pay for your ticket and all the bat soup you can eat.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where did I say it wouldn't? Some things are more conjecture than others though. Like making a prediction off 90% complete data vs 90% incomplete data. I'm not being ambiguous with that I'm saying am I?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

That’s just harsh.

At least let him enjoy;

Civet car
Dog
Centipede
Scorpion
Monkey

Before he moves into bat soup.

FWIW I did try those things listed above however I draw line at bat soup.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Double post

Move along

Move along
edit on 7-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Dupe

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
People in China scream in their homes. The Chinese government leaves them at home to die

You do realize that video proves nothing, no way to know when or where it was shot, or even if the audio wasn't dubbed in.

It could just as easily be a video shot in the evening of some big holiday.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

That’s just harsh.

At least let him enjoy;

Civet car
Dog
Centipede
Scorpion
Monkey

Before he moves into bat soup.

FWIW I did try those things listed above however I draw line at bat soup.

I'm sure there are many delicacies to be had, I wouldn't want to deny him any of them.

That would just be mean.

link   

Part of me feels like the people in this thread who downplay this virus simply feel very safe because there is no way it will reach them in their moms basement .

Or, we have eyes, can read, and realize that, as things stand now, there is simply nothing to fear here.

Of course that could change - but it hasn't, since this whole thing started.

link   

I will back that ticket. PM if true...just a receipt my friend.

Will not happen. The legalities of travel are thick to China or affected areas.

Just try to travel, you cant half the world shut down on this issue.

mg

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thank God some people understand the time function here.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
From www.theepochtimes.com...

One of the people responsible of the Wuhan lab says that:

“I pledge with my life that the 2019 novel coronavirus has nothing to do with our lab. This virus is a punishment imposed on mankind from nature, to condemn mankind’s uncivilized way of living. Those of you who believe rumors or so-called scientific analysis by unqualified researchers, I advise you to shut your damn mouths!”

Ironically enough, this statement has done nothing but make me lean towards it being manufactured there.

That's literally the kind of speech you'd expect a B-tier villain to drop in a generic comic book or some Netflix movie.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Part of me feels like the people in this thread who downplay this virus simply feel very safe because there is no way it will reach them in their moms basement .

Or, we have eyes, can read, and realize that, as things stand now, there is simply nothing to fear here.

Of course that could change - but it hasn't, since this whole thing started.

Go watch that video - "the most important video you'll ever see". It contends that mankinds greatest failing is that we don't understand the exponential function.

That's you, clinging to a linear existence in an exponential situation.

1 today, 2 next week, then 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.

Like doubling the squares on a chess board.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

But now, I think no one other then Japanese will be permitted off the ships if they still can dock

That looks to be the case:

Japan

Any non-Japanese crew who visited China’s Hubei province within the last two weeks, or people with passports issued from the Chinese province, aren’t allowed to enter Japan.

Virus Fears Prompt Scrutiny of Vessels Shipping From China - Yahoo Finance

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Truth be told, I think this is more or less like the Spanish Flu. Guess what? It was just the flu.

What made it different was that it was novel like this thing is. Every single thing we see in China happened in 1918, every one. And it was not any mysterious super bug with a high mortality or a biolsd escapee, it was a flu virus thatjumpec to people from animals where it had previously been as happens from time to time.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My husband and I while agreeing obviously the virus is unpredictable we differ in possible outcomes.

He doesn't think it will be an issue. Won't disrupt daily lives and things will go on. It's just all hype.

I think it COULD disrupt our lives and I am paying close attention. This "feels" a little different to those in the past. (He thinks because I'm paying attention I think anyone is going to die..sigh)

Why we differ is our belief in people. He counts on everyday people to do the right thing. He thinks they will.

I don't. It's sad but there it is. I don't trust people to always follow protocol and report correctly etc etc. I don't trust that people won't flip out if we experience shortages or overflowing hospitals.

People are just as unpredictable as a virus but he seems to know everyone is going to "act" just fine, no matter the situation. And calls himself a history buff.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Also just read another evacuation flight coming into uk on sunday morning this time being quarantined in milton keynes

www.bbc.co.uk...

It's as if they want it to spread. Where will they land? Scotland?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
I just got this news alert about the two planes flying in people from Wuhan. They were diverted due to sick passengers apparently.

From the article:

"Some 638 people have died from the pneumonia-like illness, while more than 30,000 people have been sickened worldwide, according to Friday estimates."

This is why some of us are being so critical. They make this statement, without clarifying that more than 99% of that number are in mainland China. 99%. Don't you think that is a significant statistic to leave out that could cause some people to be far more concerned than if they knew the truth?

Also from the article:

"There are 12 confirmed cases of the novel virus in the U.S., ... No deaths have been reported in the U.S."

Kind of clarifying, isn't it?

Also, their 'no deaths in the US' is also misleading, since there have been a grand total of two - yes two - deaths outside China, and both of those were native Chinese who left China recently.

So, while prudence is a good thing, hysteria isn't, and making dire doomsday predictions based on the current situation is just stupid.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

I think you are wise. We have taken steps and we are cautious but I think society will survive in the end.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

IMHO having talked to people in CCP face to face this is a very stereotypical thing they say. It also aligns with various statements they’ve made about a range of issues since 1948.

And I 100% do not believe it. And won’t ever.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

He may be a history buff, but he hasn't considered its lessons. Sorry, not trying to be rude; just the perspective of someone else with an interest in history.

You are correct, we can't assume everyone will act responsibly.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join