It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Power_Semi

Truth be told, I think this is more or less like the Spanish Flu. Guess what? It was just the flu.

What made it different was that it was novel like this thing is. Every single thing we see in China happened in 1918, every one. And it was not any mysterious super bug with a high mortality or a biolsd escapee, it was a flu virus thatjumpec to people from animals where it had previously been as happens from time to time.

That might very well be the case. Only difference being we didn’t have a plethora of Bio-Labs messing with exactly these types of virus back in 1918. You only have to look at some of the research done and being done to realise that we are playing with the contents of Pandora’s box.

I still think an escaped virus would be the ONLY thing to trigger such a gigantic response from China. They are literally crippling themselves over this. Some posters think there is panic in this thread, in China there is absolute mania. But like you say, it could just be nature’s way of paying homage to Greta and helping ease global warming.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Brize Norton again about 10 min drive from where I live

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Power_Semi

Truth be told, I think this is more or less like the Spanish Flu. Guess what? It was just the flu.

What made it different was that it was novel like this thing is. Every single thing we see in China happened in 1918, every one. And it was not any mysterious super bug with a high mortality or a biolsd escapee, it was a flu virus thatjumpec to people from animals where it had previously been as happens from time to time.

I agree it doesn't have to be (and probably isn't) man made.

After watching the video I mentioned a few posts back I had the pleasure of having a conversation with the now sadly deceased professor Bartlett about one aspect of his lecture.

In his lecture based on exponential growth he had calculated that in some time - I forget how long, maybe 500 years or so - if Human populations continued to grow, then there would be 1 person per square meter across the entire landmass of the earth.

So I asked him, clearly that can't happen, there would be nowhere to grow food, etc long before that - so since individuals will not voluntarily stop having children, how does the overall problem get solved.

His answer was - I don't know - but something will happen to stop it.

In his lecture his possibilities for lowering the population (plus maybe some I've added in) are:

War - won't kiil too many out of billions
Starvation - clearly would happen at some tipping point
not enough water - ditto
Infertility - don't know how that would happen
Plague - something that drastically reduces the human population to bring it back in line with nature.

I thought the plague type scenario was the most likely, although maybe infertility might work - the others just let the numbers hover around the tipping point.

Plague and infertility hammer the numbers down.

Maybe this is it - hey what if it hammers the numbers down AND results in infertility.

Double whammy for nature.

Anyway, I think this is A big one if not THE big one.

And Bartlett knew his stuff - if that was his prediction I totally subscribe to it.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

This is where I started posting and where I’m staying.

Do not have time to follow umpteen threads on this.

Most of what I’ve contributed is facts or nearly confirmed facts as best I’m able. No one has raised massive objection to things I’ve posted. And I’ve healthy debated what I feel is the mounting evidence the virus is man made.

I’m not leaving and will continue to post relevant info and help others contextually by answering questions based my first hand knowledge of China.

I think those wanting a “verified news feed” should stick to MSM. This is a conspiracy forum, we do theorizing from available info real good.

As i said, the tilte of the thread is:

CORONOVIRUS UPDATES

lets just try and not take the thread into discussions about holiday's or whether you should buy toilet paper or people like power emi talking about buying tickets for someone else to get off ATS etc
edit on 7-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

This is where I started posting and where I’m staying.

Do not have time to follow umpteen threads on this.

Most of what I’ve contributed is facts or nearly confirmed facts as best I’m able. No one has raised massive objection to things I’ve posted. And I’ve healthy debated what I feel is the mounting evidence the virus is man made.

I’m not leaving and will continue to post relevant info and help others contextually by answering questions based my first hand knowledge of China.

I think those wanting a “verified news feed” should stick to MSM. This is a conspiracy forum, we do theorizing from available info real good.

As i said, the tilte of the thread is:

CORONOVIRUS UPDATES

lets just try and not take the thread into discussions about holiday's or whether you should buy toilet paper or people like power emi talking about buying tickets for someone else to get off ATS etc

you'll find updates on twitter and your favorite tv news channel.

this is a conspiracy forum.

link   
a reply to: misfit312

I did a sort of “slow controlled panic” and stocked up slowly. I bought masks before people thought of it. I remember seeing fully stocked shelves in CVS and Lowe’s.

Wife and I are used to this after living in China and her being from there. We sorta have a default mode of “new virus hmmmm let’s buy extra stuff”.

And wife loves Costco here in US for stocking up.

link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Surprised noone has posted this yet:

BREAKING: Singapore reports 3 more cases of coronavirus with no links to China or previous cases, outbreak alert level raised to 2nd highest level

BREAKING: Singapore reports 3 more cases of coronavirus with no links to China or previous cases, outbreak alert level raised to 2nd highest level

twitter.com...

I'm waiting to hear about a link to shipped goods. If the virus can survive on surfaces for up to 28 days then China has been unwittingly shipping the contagion all over the world for weeks every time someone orders something on Ebay or a car factory orders parts. Or what about Chinese produce in the grocery stores?

edit on 7-2-2020 by CraftBuilder because: to repair artical link.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You either get a mild case and don't go to the hospital meaning you likely never get tested/counted, go to the hospital and die quickly, or you go into a lengthy recovery.

To me, this is one of the biggest worries. Those people who might only get a mild case of it spreading it to others without realizing this is what they've got. Talk about a nightmare in trying to contact trace something like that scenario.

As you've alluded to several times, if the mortality rate is only 2%, that alone would disrupt a huge portion of our society, not to mention the critical cases and the logjam which that would create in our healthcare system.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: Navieko
Surprised noone has posted this yet:

twitter.com...

I'm waiting to hear about a link to shipped goods. If the virus can survive on surfaces for up to 28 days then China has been unwittingly shipping the contagion all over the world for weeks every time someone orders something on Ebay or a car factory orders parts. Or what about Chinese produce in the grocery stores?

depends how the situation looked like when they were still manufacturing all that stuff.

factories got closed, shipments are delayed, companies around the world are already having problems because of it (car manufacturers in Japan waiting for parts, Nintendo delaying new limited edition Switch), so it seems like China new exactly what's at risk and acted accordingly.

makes you wonder what else they aren't telling us.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Oh go on.

I'll pay for your ticket and all the bat soup you can eat.

Nice, and thank you for proving that you don't even bother to read posts before launching disgusting personal attacks.

Where are the moderators? All taking vacations in WuHan?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: ketsuko

You either get a mild case and don't go to the hospital meaning you likely never get tested/counted, go to the hospital and die quickly, or you go into a lengthy recovery.

To me, this is one of the biggest worries. Those people who might only get a mild case of it spreading it to others without realizing this is what they've got. Talk about a nightmare in trying to contact trace something like that scenario.

As you've alluded to several times, if the mortality rate is only 2%, that alone would disrupt a huge portion of our society, not to mention the critical cases and the logjam which that would create in our healthcare system.

we can be pretty certain it's out of control already.

otherwise governments wouldn't be acting like SHTF scenario is imminent. the only reason they're pretending it's all under control is to avoid mass panic.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Oh go on.

Nice, and thank you for proving that you don't even bother to read posts before launching disgusting personal attacks.

It's not a "disgusting personal attack" so you can take the victim hat right off.

It's sarcasm aka humour.

You say there's nothing to be worried about, bit then throw your toys ot of your pram when I jokingly suggest you go over there.

Why?

There's absolutely no evidence that it "escaped from a lab" or to your whacky assertion that there's a virus, but the virus is harmless, it's a bioweapon instead that just happened to be released at the same time.

Nutty.

Much like that bat soup.
edit on -06:0020205America/ChicagoFri, 07 Feb 2020 12:41:58 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0241 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Exactly! You don't need to create nightmare scenarios for something very simple to create chaos in the world we have. People just don't want to believe how close we live to major hardship in or nice, insulated lives.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Oh go on.

It's not a "disgusting personal attack" so you can take the victim hat right off.

It's sarcasm aka humour.

You say there's nothing to be worried about, bit then throw your toys ot of your pram when I jokingly suggest you go over there.

Why?

There's absolutely no evidence that it "escaped from a lab" or to your whacky assertion that there's a virus, but the virus is harmless, it's a bioweapon instead that just happened to be released at the same time.

Nutty.

Much like that bat soup.

To be fair, considering that it is a virus that can apparently transmit before symptoms appear, has an incubation time of 3-14 days with the average being 6 and is able to live up to 5 days outside the body, not to mention enter though eyes...

It is indeed strange that 31270 out of 31595 confirmed cases are in China, it should be able to be spreading already through the entire world. That's 98.97% of cases being confined to China, and that's not even taking into consideration that a good number of cases overseas are actually Chinese citizens that have left the country recently.

Of course, there are cases of people from other races getting infected... but we're already one week into February and have yet to see the implosion that has taken place in China, specially Hubei.

Something is either off and there is something at play, or it must be the weakened immunity systems they have and horrible sanitary practices. But there is something that doesn't add up, specially considering the amount of people caught just now from Wuhan traveling to other places.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
At this point, I am telling my family members still in China that have US passports to get out of there ASAP.

To be clear, I am NOT worried so much about them catching the Coronavirus itself.

I am more worried about social unrest.

From the leaked videos making it out from WuHan, I think things are going to a very bad place there very quickly.

You can not keep whole regions under lock-down like this for a long time, and not expect norms to collapse.

If people start running short on rice and canned-goods, and no stores are open, and no goods coming-in to replenish the stores, and add an over-burdened medical establishment - the end-result is almost inevitably social unrest.

In the end, my fear is more people will die in China from social unrest, and the resultant crack-downs that will come (and may already be going-in in WuHan) - than from the Coronavirus itself or medical complications of that (pneumonia, etc.).

I can only pray in the meantime that the "casualties" will be minimal.

The family members I have still in China, are located in Shanghai. There things seem calm at the moment, but everybody is pretty much staying home and not venturing outdoors at all. That can not go-on forever.

Personally, I think the if-you-do-not-show-signs-in-two-weeks-you-are-fine thing is total crap. I think the involuntary lock-downs and the voluntary self-imposed stay-at-home-because-nothing-is-open thing are going to keep getting extended. I think this will take a few months to run its course.

There are still flights from Shanghai indirectly to the United States if you are US Citizen or green-card holder. They connect through Tokyo or Seoul. Used to be able to connect through Taipei, but as of a few days ago that is now only US Citizens no longer green-card holders. Had one family member (green-card holder) book a flight earlier this week through Taipei and had to do a last-minute change to connecting through Tokyo instead.

I am telling them to get out now, while it is still clam in Shanghai. If they wait for the STHTF, they will be stuck there.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Some virus numbers from today's CDC report:

Only six people were identified through airport screenings, and 85% were identified in health care settings such as hospital emergency departments. Another 26, or 12%, came from contact tracing.

The median age was 29, and 55% were men. People under investigation have included 17 health care workers and at least 48 college students.

Most people under investigation have been found to not have the virus. During the period of the new report, only 11 had tested positive.

The CDC says these numbers are likely to change. "Because person-to-person transmission is expected to continue, and as further travel restrictions are implemented, it is likely that the proportion of [people under investigation] with such contact risk in the United States will increase,” the report says.

On Friday, the CDC posted its latest total of people under investigation since January 21: A total of 337 people in 36 states.

This includes 12 who have tested positive, 225 negative and 100 are still pending.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

Oh go on.

It's sarcasm aka humour.

Why?

Nutty.

Much like that bat soup.

To be fair, considering that it is a virus that can apparently transmit before symptoms appear, has an incubation time of 3-14 days with the average being 6 and is able to live up to 5 days outside the body, not to mention enter though eyes...

It is indeed strange that 31270 out of 31595 confirmed cases are in China, it should be able to be spreading already through the entire world. That's 98.97% of cases being confined to China, and that's not even taking into consideration that a good number of cases overseas are actually Chinese citizens that have left the country recently.

Of course, there are cases of people from other races getting infected... but we're already one week into February and have yet to see the implosion that has taken place in China, specially Hubei.

Something is either off and there is something at play, or it must be the weakened immunity systems they have and horrible sanitary practices. But there is something that doesn't add up, specially considering the amount of people caught just now from Wuhan traveling to other places.

I understand what you're saying and why, I just think you're coming to the wrong conclusions.

It's all about time - how long has it really been spreading in China, how long does it really take to make people ill, how long are they really contageous for, how easily does it spread, etc.

We're way behind the curve, probably where the Chinese were 2 months ago.

It's a virus, if it's airbourne or if it can linger on surfaces, etc, who knows.

But poor sanitation or good sanitation won't stop a person with poor personal hygiene who is infected from breathing it onto a person with good personal hygiene and infecting them, then them spreading it to others.

Doesn't matter how often you bathe or brush your teeth, etc, if you get infected it's in your system and you'll pass it to others.

Bad health and hygiene might have something to do with the origins or the original spread, but after that if it's in the air you breathe it matters not.

That's why I think those poor souls on the infected ship will provide a lot clearer picture re contageousness, illness rates, and death rates.

273 tests - 61 infected. Doesn't look promising, although depends how the ilnnes etc pans out.

People might say "yes but they're on a boat together and everyone knows illnesses on boats spread".

They do too in schools and workplaces and etc.

Only time will tell, but I think it's clear that non-Chinese can catch it, therefore there's absolutely no reason to think it won't have the same effect on them as it does on the Chinese, and since it's in multiple countries now it'll spread like it has in China.

On the 21st of Jan there were something like 300 to 400 confirmed cases in total - 2 weeks later it's 31000+.

That's not good.

EDIT - CORRECTION: on 21st jan there were 278 confirmed cases in total.

edit on -06:0020205America/ChicagoFri, 07 Feb 2020 13:05:02 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0205 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Coronavirus - China's Lies affect us all

Serpentza has strong China connections and has recently returned to America. This video does provide an important public announcement about the situation and provides a good case as to why the official numbers cannot be trusted.

Concerns highlighted is the increase in racism promoted by the media which further increases hostilities between nations. Chinese nationals who lie to get through quarantine and national boarders contribute to the disrespect and race hostilities.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Serp is legit and lived in southern China IIRC.

(post by tanstaafl removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join