It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More drones buzzing airports again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Madrid airport shut down this time.

www.rt.com...

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Feb 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
How about a little information? Your thoughts on this subject? Some content is kinda expected here.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

What else is there to say about an airport being shut down because some drones were spotted? Shall I say what colour I think they were or how high they might have been?

Sometimes there isn't much more information to give when a news story just broke, as this one did.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
How about a little information? Your thoughts on this subject? Some content is kinda expected here.

At least half of the posts from OP are one liners with generic comments.

Never fear, they'll be gone before you know it. Posting random junk responses to hit the minimum is frowned upon.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I did that so I could start a thread of my own, which I have made 2 already.

I heard this was a good website but if you are all going to be jerks to new people, why should I bother to stay here?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WitcheeWuman

I did that so I could start a thread of my own, which I have made 2 already.

I heard this was a good website but if you are all going to be jerks to new people, why should I bother to stay here?

You should start with ATS rules and guidelines.

The point is you did that so you could make a thread and not because you had actual comments. Me being a jerk is not everyone. The member before me was actually trying to politely encourage you to provide more commentary on the OP, some opinion or background.

You will get out of ATS exactly what you put into it.

edit on 2/3/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It did not come across as being polite to me.

English is not my first language and sometimes I do not write big paragraphs or don't have a lot to say because I cannot always put into words what I want to say or understand what is talked about.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As said they are rules for new posts, wasn’t trying to offend you. Sometimes links with little information lead down dark rabbit holes. Welcome to the best site on the internet. Have a cup of tea and review what’s expected. I’ve broken more rules then I’d like, it’s for just for more dynamic discussion and some kind of structure. Now smile!!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Thank you for the welcome.

Is a better start than jumping on a new person because they didn't know the rules.

Not everybody RTFM.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is ATS, you’d know if you were jumped on! There vicious here in a loving kinda way. Not really a site for the thin skinned. a reply to: WitcheeWuman

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yea sometimes too vicious. Sometimes conspiracy and people's stories deserve breathing room without ATS member's pouncing and requiring evidence.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This sounds like a coordinated attack with a number of pilots operating many drones. Makes you wonder what could possibly be the purpose of flying drones around an airport when everyone knows they will shut down the flights to avoid a collision.

Is that the only purpose, shut the airport down like a denial of service attack on a website?

Is someone trying to gather intelligence on airports from above?

Is this some kind of stupid fad that is popular at the moment?

Is this a diversion from some other activity at the airports?

Perhaps this is a test run for a planned terrorist attack like biological or chemical agents spread by drones, or exploding drones or what have you.

I can only wonder about the purpose of disrupting an airport with a bunch of drones. It would be risky and expensive. There are expensive legal consequences if you get caught and you risk losing an expensive drone if gets damaged or impounded by authorities.
edit on 3-2-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

edit on 3-2-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Not thin skinned. People should be welcoming to new people. Good ways to do that. Not jump on them because they make mistake. For me, any contribution is good. Better than no contribution.

I did not know people here want you to write a book about something for a post instead.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

That is true.

I came here because it was recommended for posting a story I was interested in about a fraud in archaeology and I wanted to see what people think so I make some posts and I saw this breaking news story so I thought I post this one too because I want to make threads, not just reply.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I do not know what to think of the drones. It probably just people flying toys at first and not thinking it a danger but then it may be it give bad people ideas and they film airport for security lapses they can use.

Need to find who is controlling them to know for sure.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WitcheeWuman

It did not come across as being polite to me.

English is not my first language and sometimes I do not write big paragraphs or don't have a lot to say because I cannot always put into words what I want to say or understand what is talked about.

You're all good as far as I'm concerned. You responded to me so I know you're not one of the frequent flyer spam club. Check out the thread I linked to.

If you screw up some words or language nobody is going to beat you up about it (well they might a little). It's possible this thread might be deleted because of the first post having no content, but if it is you can find the rules and guidelines under the forums - ATS freshman forum.
edit on 2/3/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That ok, but when I posted the story it was breaking and there was not more to say at the time.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

top topics

join