It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's over? Yes it is over, the senate rejects impeachment - it's over - for now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So...more fake "bombshell" leaks to the NYT on Monday & Tuesday?

Republicans know that the New York Times is a domestic based terrorist organization. It exists to sew hate against President Trump at all times.

The liberal media is now questioning why John Bolton has not said a word to support the rumors being published by the New York Times. And why he declined to be interviewed by the US House. They are starting to put their thinking hats on a little bit.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
No one ever thought that the Democrats had the votes for witnesses, and no one ever thought that Mitch McConnell was going to allow anything but a no to witnesses. There was never a doubt in anyone's mind that Trump is going to be acquitted.

But the Democrats had such airtight "overwhelming",
"compelling" and "uncontested" evidence!

Well that is according to Adam Schiff.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is now speculation that Nancy Pelosi will not let President Trump deliver the State of the Union Address in the US House while he is undergoing an impeachment trial.

Bill Clinton did.

White House chief speechwriter Michael Waldman recalled Clinton pollster Mark Penn summing up the situation as they waited for a motorcade to take them to Capitol Hill: "It's very simple: If the speech is a hit, he stays as president. If the speech is not a hit, he doesn't."

www.cnn.com...

Unfortunately, we don't get to have that kind of suspense this time. No matter what Trump says during the SOTU, he's still going to be acquitted by Wednesday.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

There is a senator recall bill being introduced in Utah. Citizens there are sick and tired of Mitt Romney. They regret electing him.

And he has been Uninvited from the annual conservative political action forum.

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 1/31/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

No one ever thought that the Democrats had the votes for witnesses, and no one ever thought that Mitch McConnell was going to allow anything but a no to witnesses. There was never a doubt in anyone's mind that Trump is going to be acquitted.

But the Democrats had such airtight "overwhelming",
"compelling" and "uncontested" evidence!

Well that is according to Adam Schiff.

Republican Senators who voted against witnesses gave statements saying that the Democrats' House Managers did make their case, proved their case...so well that that's why they don't need any other witnesses. They're convinced, they say. They also say that while Trump's behavior was inappropriate, or unfortunate, it didn't rise to level of removal...pulling a kill switch. So, they'll be voting to acquit as well.

edit on 31-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The liberal media is now questioning why John Bolton has not said a word to support the rumors being published by the New York Times. And why he declined to be interviewed by the US House.

Because Bolton is selling more books this way.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: JoseGarcia

I can't wait for the SOTU! I'm bummed that Trump won't be "vindicated" during it! But, there is no doubt we will be seeing Trump leashed like never before!

I'm sure it will be a sight to behold. Too bad it isn't Easter, so he could rise again! LOL

so this is the face of loosing poorly?

No, not at all. No one ever thought that the Democrats had the votes for witnesses, and no one ever thought that Mitch McConnell was going to allow anything but a no to witnesses. There was never a doubt in anyone's mind that Trump is going to be acquitted.

I'm a news junkie and waiting for the spin off show. Trump's vindication will be a grand volcano of gloat, blame and bluster, It promises to be very entertaining. Trump isn't anything if not entertaining. The SOTU address would be much richer and more entertaining if Trump could gloat his vindication during that speech.

I'll be honest, I'm using your judgement as the opinion of the far left fringe, as that is where I place your current appearance.

What would it take for you to accept that Trump is president and rather than put a constant failing effort into hating him, and make you want to see him accomplish things you want? I hear he is a great listener.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Republican Senators who voted against witnesses gave statements saying that that the Democrats' House Managers did make their case, proved their case....

Referring to the two senators who voted for
witnesses, Romney and Collins?

Hardly overwhelming that only two Senators were for
additional witnesses. You recall The House had 18 witnesses,
30 times Schiff said they had "made their case".

But then they wanted a do-over. LOL.

A complete and total waste. But nobody was surprised
by Romney, he is a never Trumper. And Collins was raked
over the coals in the media days leading up to the vote.
Harassment, they picked on her because she is a woman.
The media is scum.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The Constitution and our Democratic Republic were Saved Today . Thank God !

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The liberal media is now questioning why John Bolton has not said a word to support the rumors being published by the New York Times. And why he declined to be interviewed by the US House.

Because Bolton is selling more books this way.

The suckers who are paying for John Bolton book 45 days before it is released may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoseGarcia

originally posted by: Fools
I am pretty amazed that any GOP voted for witnesses, but you know, ,Romney, and the gal from Maine, they are probably deep in some swamp type activity. Whatever guys, for now this is OVER.

thehill.com...

Surprised that I was the first, my apologies to those that can offer more sentences at this point, but I am pretty happy about this. At this moment, I am happier in a political sense than I was when the guy was elected. WHEN THE MUSICS OVER! Thank all of you out there for supporting this man and a leader that finally gets what has been going on for the last 5 decades. I hope to whatever God there is, that his mission keeps going without interruption.

What do you think the odds are that Trump--as he seemingly hinted in his tweets--will

disclose incredibly incriminating criminal evil deeds on the part of the swamp--both sides of the aisle but particularly the DIMS during his State of The Union?

hummm is that what they are holding over his head?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JoseGarcia

Thank you for the tip off. I will have to look into it. That would be epic.... but I don't think President Trump will reveal that information if he is not fully acquitted by the Senate by that time.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Grandma's pincushion gets a few more needles 😎

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Fools

Nope - just breaking due to GOP infighting, the final impeachment vote has been delayed until Wednesday, so Trump should delay the SOTU address until Thursday...

The Hill - Senate delays final impeachment vote until Wednesday

NB: The vote just taken was for the calling of witnesses, not for the acquittal.

There is now speculation that Nancy Pelosi will not let President Trump deliver the State of the Union Address in the US House while he is undergoing an impeachment trial.

I think she is afraid to let him lay out all the accomplishments of his administration the day before Democrats vote Yes on impeachment. That will further illuminate how crazy they are

How much power does this beoitch have?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Damn you Senator McConnell.

Starting February 3rd to February 5th, we get to listen to a hundred Senators opinions of why they chose to vote the way they voted. A hundred senators for 10 minutes apiece. 16.6 hours of opinions stretched out for three days.

No new evidence. No new testimonies. No new Witnesses. Vote to acquit.

What a disgrace on Americans that we get to pay for this sham, this footnote of History.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Referring to the two senators who voted for witnesses, Romney and Collins?

No, Rubio and Lamar Alexander, among other Republicans that voted against witnesses, who believe the President's actions were inappropriate, but don't reach the threshold for impeachment.

Lamar Alexander

“I think he did something that was clearly inappropriate,” Mr. Alexander said. “I think it is inappropriate for the president to ask the leader of a foreign nation to investigate a leading political rival, which the president says he did. I think it is inappropriate at least in part to withhold aid to encourage that investigation.”
“But that is not treason, that is not bribery, that is not a high crime and misdemeanor,” he added, listing the criteria enumerated in the Constitution for impeachable offenses.

www.nytimes.com...

Marco Rubio

However, for purposes of answering my threshold question I assumed what is alleged is true. And then I sought to answer the question of whether under these assumptions it would be in the interest of the nation to remove the President.

medium.com...@SenatorMarcoRubio/my-statement-on-the-presidents-impeachment-trial-9669e82ccb43

Rob Portman

I do not believe that additional witnesses are needed. I have said consistently for the past four months since the Zelensky transcript was first released, that I believe that some of the president’s actions in this case – including asking a foreign country to investigate a potential political opponent and the delay of aid to Ukraine – were wrong and inappropriate. But I do not believe that the president’s actions rise to the level of removing a duly-elected president from office and taking him off the ballot in the middle of an election.

www.politicususa.com...
edit on 31-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoseGarcia

originally posted by: Fools
I am pretty amazed that any GOP voted for witnesses, but you know, ,Romney, and the gal from Maine, they are probably deep in some swamp type activity. Whatever guys, for now this is OVER.

thehill.com...

Surprised that I was the first, my apologies to those that can offer more sentences at this point, but I am pretty happy about this. At this moment, I am happier in a political sense than I was when the guy was elected. WHEN THE MUSICS OVER! Thank all of you out there for supporting this man and a leader that finally gets what has been going on for the last 5 decades. I hope to whatever God there is, that his mission keeps going without interruption.

What do you think the odds are that Trump--as he seemingly hinted in his tweets--will

disclose incredibly incriminating criminal evil deeds on the part of the swamp--both sides of the aisle but particularly the DIMS during his State of The Union?

Just like the Kavanaugh fiasco, they will come out with a breaking news headline with new accusations against Trump (just like they did today) every day up until the vote...That's why they want to prolong it for as long as they can...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

No, Rubio and Lamar Alexander, among other Republicans that voted against witnesses, who believe the President's actions were inappropriate, but don't reach the threshold for impeachment.

Oh, well then if that is what you are talking about now,
they are certainly going to acquit President Trump.

Then what? I thought the Dem's had him, it was the
end he would be impeached and removed and they
could finally stop crying.

An election in 10 months and you have Crazy Bernie,
Creepy Uncle Joe and the nutty camp counselor,
Lizzy Warren. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He assumed it is true. Meaning he doesn't have to ask himself whether Trump did it, either way Democrats did not make the case it is impeachable.

On the case of obstruction they made no case at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Don't like any of them. I'll be voting for Amy Klobuchar in the primary. We'll see from there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join