It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's over? Yes it is over, the senate rejects impeachment - it's over - for now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: burntheships

Referring to the two senators who voted for witnesses, Romney and Collins?

No, Rubio and Lamar Alexander, among other Republicans that voted against witnesses, who believe the President's actions were inappropriate, but don't reach the threshold for impeachment.

“I think he did something that was clearly inappropriate,” Mr. Alexander said. “I think it is inappropriate for the president to ask the leader of a foreign nation to investigate a leading political rival, which the president says he did. I think it is inappropriate at least in part to withhold aid to encourage that investigation.”
“But that is not treason, that is not bribery, that is not a high crime and misdemeanor,” he added, listing the criteria enumerated in the Constitution for impeachable offenses.

www.nytimes.com...

However, for purposes of answering my threshold question I assumed what is alleged is true. And then I sought to answer the question of whether under these assumptions it would be in the interest of the nation to remove the President.

medium.com...@SenatorMarcoRubio/my-statement-on-the-presidents-impeachment-trial-9669e82ccb43

What, did these people sleep thru all the hearings and trial??? There was no aid held to encourage an investigation...For that to take place Stelinskey would have to have known about the withholding of the money...HE DID NOT...It's a lie put out by the Democrats...

But regardless, he's right...It is not impeachable...Quid Pro Quo??? What a joke...Every one of us does a Quid Pro Quo every time we go to the grocery store...Or buy a car...And hey, it's not illegal...In fact, it's required when dealing with foreign aid...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here's where the Republicans get their free national TV exposure, especially the ones up for re-election. They get to tell their constituients to look at what I did if anybody is watching

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Here's where the Republicans get their free national TV exposure, especially the ones up for re-election. They get to tell their constituients to look at what I did if anybody is watching

You are absolutely right on what happened today. It's either that or everyone there are being payed extra for this trial so to stretch it out for the next three days is for one of those two reasons. If not both.

I can't be the only person here seriously pi$$ed off about this... what a disgusting display of politics today.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If they can't show any evidence Trump committed a crime, there is no need to call any witnesses.

There is no there there.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGhoul

originally posted by: putnam6

You are absolutely right on what happened today. It's either that or everyone there are being payed extra for this trial so to stretch it out for the next three days is for one of those two reasons. If not both.

I can't be the only person here seriously pi$$ed off about this... what a disgusting display of politics today.

The same thing the Democrats BTW did, they knew, hell, everybody knew there was no way in hell this impeachment would ever stick. Yet the did all the theatrics, pomp and circumstance to basically pander to their base and get their free airtime. Barely anybody knew Schiff before this boondoggle but now he is a champion for the fading leftist cause. They learned from Trump even bad the bad publicity you receive can be used to your advantage to strengthen your base.
edit on 31-1-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt
Are we taking bets on the amount of days after acquittal, until he gets impeached again by the crazies in the House?
Its not over until the dems loose their majority. So vote wisely.

Let's see:

10 day bender for Nancy, 4 days at the buffet for Jerry, and 3 nights of meth and drugging young men for Schiff.

About 24 hours. They'll fit it in during their mourning period. These are professionals.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

2 months and they will be back at it again , it's all they got .

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: Goedhardt

2 months and they will be back at it again , it's all they got .

They might hold off so they can time it so the Articles are paraded into the Senate the Friday before the election.

... Actually I would love to see that happen. Then Trump will be the only President to be re-elected WHILE being impeached! It would be almost poetic.
edit on 31-1-2020 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

His father was a democrat in republican clothes when he was the Governor of Michigan

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Don't like any of them. I'll be voting for Amy Klobuchar in the primary. We'll see from there.

Lol. That should make you feel real proud.......having to vote for someone you don't like because, Muh Trump.

I love such enthused bases.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
If they can't show any evidence Trump committed a crime, there is no need to call any witnesses.
There is no there there.

Senator McConnell should have refused to receive the impeachment articles, due to Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler not allowing White House Witnesses, or Attorneys, to participate in the House trial.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

A lot of people who didn't like Trump, held their nose and voted for him anyway.
edit on 31-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah.... Keep thinking his base isn't motivated and solid. Worked well last time.

Who knows, maybe you'll vote Team Trump since you will have no one to vote for.

What have you got to lose?

edit on 31-1-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

A lot of people who didn't like Trump, held their nose and voted for him anyway.

They were holding their noses because they had to walk past Democrats,

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Just a little premature there, fella.

Senate rejects impeachment witnesses, and that's all for now.
It's not over yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Take a look at how biased local affiliates of the big TV networks are. After saying Lisa Murkowski voted "NO" on witnesses, here is what ABC-7 Chicago put up on the screen as her reason:

"I have come to the conclusion that there will be no fair trial in the Senate."

In reality, this was the full sentence from her letter explaining why she's voting NO.

“Given the partisan nature of this impeachment from the very beginning and throughout, I have come to the conclusion that there will be no fair trial in the Senate.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

The people heading the 6 corporations who are in charge of 90% of America's media, need to be punished. They are ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE.

edit on 1/31/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Joe Biden held a rally last night to protest/counter President Trump's MAEG rally.

Biden drew exactly 251 attendees, + a few news people.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read new threads.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Defeated and humiliated.

Oh, its over.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Let's see:

10 day bender for Nancy, 4 days at the buffet for Jerry, and 3 nights of meth and drugging young men for Schiff.

About 24 hours. They'll fit it in during their mourning period. These are professionals.

Then they start all over...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join