It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Hours To Go And We Are OUT Of The EU.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Spare a thought for all us Ex-pats who are also cheering because we get to cut even more ties with a rubbish island of entitlement.

Yay for the "Franglais".

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Spare a thought for all us Ex-pats who are also cheering because we get to cut even more ties with a rubbish island of entitlement.

Yay for the "Franglais".

You decided to " cut and run ". No one made you.

Live with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yay for the "Franglais".

Sorry can;t spare any thoughts for them.. other than...
Hopefully they enjoy Europe - we don't want them back.
edit on 31/1/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: operation mindcrime

the process - SHOULD be faster than a " new " deal - because - hey we alreaddy have a massive folio of existing deals - that cover almost every issue

sane invividual would siply vote to continue many deals " as is " or with minor edits to reflect new realities

but hey - we are dealing with the EU and borris s clown army - so expecting sanity ...................

Depends who wins the EU internal battles. Germany has a more pragmatic approach behind the scenes, more akin to your first paragraph. In terms of economic power, the EU has gone from 28 states to 10 (as UK economy is roughly the same as the 18 smallest EU economies). The Germans realise they will be left to carry the economic can and obviously a smooth transition is crucial to them, even if they can't present that face in public.

France on the other hand is far more belligerent to a trade deal as they are the main drivers of EU policy (plus from an economic standpoint have far less to lose from UK trade).

If our negotiating team is sensible, they should butter up Germany and not worry about France too much. If we can carry Germany, the pressure they can exert within the EU will carry a very good trade deal - which is best for all us. An appeal to the Protestant work ethic, if you like.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm an Englishman in The Netherlands. The EU sucks. Money, rights, freedoms, rules. # the EU!

(Don't worry, I ain't coming back any time soon. The herb is too good here.)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Finally the citizens of the UK got what they wanted, after being held hostage for years! Good job, guys. People all around should've woken up to the fact the EU is a dictatorship by now.

European democracy is an obvious lie. Here in the Netherlands, we voted against the Euro and against the EU constitution, but they still pushed it through.

Our votes (or opinion) don't matter. That's obvious. I'm glad the citizens of the UK stood tall and managed to get out.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yay for the "Franglais".

No thoughts to spare for your ..........BIG MISTAKE

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Flavian many of our components come from EU states. However, that is also a disingenuous argument in that by EU Law, we have to source those components from EU states. That will change now and we will be free to go elsewhere cheaper - or to continue purchasing from EU states.

As long as there is no disruption to trade and defo no tariffs applied then hopefully things will be ok, but in board rooms acroos the EU when it comes to dealing, investing, in Britain things are going to look a little different from now on. It's true we can now go elsewhere for cheaper components but the thing is those Europeans actually make some very good stuff and others just don't match what they do in addition to them being easy to obtain next day, not sure that is going to be possible by bringing in from Durban
Anyways it's all theory and here goes the rollercoaster to a brighter, better and free-er future where we have undone the shackles of free trade and econimc certainty which is going to be wonderful as we hold all the cards

EU companies have been scrambling to invest in the UK in the last 3 months. Im on my phone so can't post sources but a quick google will demonstrate the truth of this - EU companies investment is, somewhat bizarrely, the highest it has ever been.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A prime example of why you should never trust The EU.

The sale of British Steel to Chinese firm Jingye could be scuppered by French intervention. Jingye agreed in November to buy the collapsed business for £50m and save about 4,000 jobs.
However, the approval of the French government is required because British Steel has a plant in France that is considered a strategic national asset. Now French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire has threatened to veto the deal

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Flavian many of our components come from EU states. However, that is also a disingenuous argument in that by EU Law, we have to source those components from EU states. That will change now and we will be free to go elsewhere cheaper - or to continue purchasing from EU states.

As long as there is no disruption to trade and defo no tariffs applied then hopefully things will be ok, but in board rooms acroos the EU when it comes to dealing, investing, in Britain things are going to look a little different from now on. It's true we can now go elsewhere for cheaper components but the thing is those Europeans actually make some very good stuff and others just don't match what they do in addition to them being easy to obtain next day, not sure that is going to be possible by bringing in from Durban
Anyways it's all theory and here goes the rollercoaster to a brighter, better and free-er future where we have undone the shackles of free trade and econimc certainty which is going to be wonderful as we hold all the cards

EU companies have been scrambling to invest in the UK in the last 3 months. Im on my phone so can't post sources but a quick google will demonstrate the truth of this - EU companies investment is, somewhat bizarrely, the highest it has ever been.

Haven't seen specific figures from investment within EU. Overall inward investment has declined sharply since the referendum.

It's entirely possible there will be a short term spoke in inward investment from within EU as companies with substantial UK Customer bases move some operations in to the UK.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Congrats my fellow UK brothers from another mother.

We look forward to forging new trade deals 🤗

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
America Good good I am so glad you are leaving that Belgian controlling slut now you can get out there have some fun find a few colonies to screw it will be like old times.

Seriously this is a good thing nothing wrong with the EU for some countries, it makes sense but not for all of them.
edit on 31-1-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yay for the "Franglais".

Live with it.

I do, why is there an issue for you?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Now that you are almost free keep a close watch on those towards the East that may wish retribution upon you. History just has a way of repeating over and over.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Yay for the "Franglais".

No thoughts to spare for your ..........BIG MISTAKE

And yet you say I make a "BIG MISTAKE" LOL. Hypocrite much?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yay for the "Franglais".

Live with it.

I do, why is there an issue for you?

Issue? I have no issue whatever.

I recall you where the one who came crying.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It will hurt for a little while but hold on until the scab falls off.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Probably cuz the pound is fixin to shot back up. Just a thought. Invest while its cheap.

a reply to: Flavian

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Belgium huh...yeah just like the Netherlands we a too small to matter. It was always a kind of Germany/France deal with the brits in between.

The open borders are good for our trade so I'm happy with it.

Peace

Come on, you can’t be serious... Learn some history.

The Netherland, Belgium and Luxemburg started the BeNeLux. To work together as relatively small countries. This grew in to a coal & steal union and after that bigger and bigger to what is now the EU.

The Dutch and the Belgians actually were the original founders of the project that became the EU.

no disinformation please

Well I never knew that...explains a lot for me, thank you

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join