It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Posted on TikTok by a Commercial Pilot: Medellín UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Ugh. Irritating.

The enhancement and stabilization portion of this video was ripped off from my channel.

This YT user has done this many times with other videos, as obnoxious as this practice is, it also adds another compression level which results in further image quality degradation.

Here's the higher quality original enhancement and stabilization:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spf33

Ugh. Irritating.

You're doing the Lord's work, Spiffy.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

What? No, no. I signed on with the agreement that there'd be blow, hoes, and cash money.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I’ve seen the same thing. I just happened to look out of the window of my house about a year ago and saw a shiny metal ball just like that moving thru the sky. No it was not a balloon.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spf33

I'm a little confused.

Is that a real video or not?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So obviously fake and it hurts people will believe this.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

What? No, no. I signed on with the agreement that there'd be blow, hoes, and cash money.

You just missed it.

Maybe next time...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

Can you provide some technical detail on why this is an obvious fake? For those of us that are novices in video analysis.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece
So obviously fake and it hurts people will believe this.

Is it?

The guy has a few vids on his channel, filmed from the cockpit, so it's not like he is doing anything unusual. Look at the one where he manages to capture a cargo plane, it can't be seen by the camera until he zooms in but he can obviously see it beforehand...

Cockpit Videos

...or is this CGI, too?

I cannot see any reason for him to create a fake video...what motive, what reasoning behind the design of the 'craft' and what is there to be gained? I am not saying he has captured alien technology, I don't know what it is but I do not believe he has faked this.

What bugs me is people either complain that a video is rubbish and has being filmed using a "potato", lacks reference and "why oh why cannot we not get clear, sharp footage?". Then when we get one, those very same people default to "CGI".

Make your minds up!!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jdm2104

Can you provide some technical detail on why this is an obvious fake? For those of us that are novices in video analysis.

Look at the pixels surrounding the object. This tells us it was put on top of the background and meshed into it.
edit on 1-2-2020 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Just curious, but you get that on genuine vids (not UFOs) where something's moving. I thought it was to do with the compression rate. Not saying that this one is genuine, just genuinely curious.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Definitely cgi. Doesn't feel or move quite right.

My thoughts as well. It just looks out of place, like it was added later. Plus having those bongos playing in the background make it seem amateurish.

What's the big deal about Tik Tok lately? Isn't it pretty much the same thing as Instagram, Snapchat etc?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Ugh. Irritating.

The enhancement and stabilization portion of this video was ripped off from my channel.

This YT user has done this many times with other videos, as obnoxious as this practice is, it also adds another compression level which results in further image quality degradation.

Here's the higher quality original enhancement and stabilization:

So, is it fake??

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I’ve seen the same thing. I just happened to look out of the window of my house about a year ago and saw a shiny metal ball just like that moving thru the sky. No it was not a balloon.

The Democrats believe you. We are all beliebers

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I saw the OP said "finally figured it out" and I was curious as to the origin (CG or not) so I just read everything. After not finding the reason, I realized they were talking about getting the embedded video posted

** facepalm **

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jdm2104

Look at the pixels surrounding the object. This tells us it was put on top of the background and meshed into it.

You mean the pixels when the image is digitally enlarged from the original? I cannot see any pixels on the original, it is sharp and clear. The guy has just posted a clip of the Moon from his cockpit, he uses his iPhone11 and he seems pretty capable of using it to good effect. It really hacks me off that the clear footage we all call for is instantly decried as "fake" and "too good to be real".

As I said, no idea what it is but convinced it is not CGI. he probably hasn't the first clue how to do cgi and is there a 'UFO' filter or similar on Tik-Tok??

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Going to say fake. Video altimeter scans up with camera with ufo framed perfectly as it comes into view, and then tracks it in frame. Not even a wobble of startle, like oh crap ufo, or a possible collision.

Don't forget the pixelated blur around it.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Going to say fake. Video altimeter scans up with camera with ufo framed perfectly as it comes into view, and then tracks it in frame. Not even a wobble of startle, like oh crap ufo, or a possible collision.

Don't forget the pixelated blur around it.

Why are people not mentioning that this was recorded on Tik-Tok, which is a film it and post it application? Film it on your phone and upload it to your account. I have searched the filters, there is no UFO filter that gives this effect. Look on YouTube and to do something like this would not be worth all the hassle to post a seven second clip...for what, exactly? The only 'effect' I can see is the little UFO icon he has added to the top left.

Short of joining Tik-Tok to read the comments on the clip, which I am not going to do, I believe this video is genuine but have no idea what the object is. People need to stop defaulting to 'fake' just because the clip is clear and sharp. Go and look at the guys Tik-Tok clips, see how he uses his camera and how he likes to show what's going on in the cockpit, this video is nothing out of ordinary for him, apart from the object he has captured.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

For what it's worth I don't think it's fake at all. I think if anything it's likely to be a helium balloon or some such. We'd know more if we could get the other details I mentioned, such a wind direction, speed etc.

Also what made him notice it in the first place, was it radar for example? I can't see he'd have spotted it beforehand enough to look down at the altimeter then get up casually in time to catch it - unless it was on radar perhaps?

Interesting nonetheless. But no, I don't think it's CGI at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It's at least a sixth generation copy with multiple compressions and extreme enlargements. There's bound to be some contrasting pixel bleed from that. Don't throw that baby out with the bathwater.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join