It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that won't happen;- The return of the giants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The full title of this theme ought to be “Things that won’t happen in the end-times”.
I’m referring to those anticipated events, featuring frequently in speculations about the end-times, which are based on misinterpretations of what the Bible says.

In this case, I’m looking at “the return of the giants”. This expectation seems to be based on a very imaginative interpretation of one of the statements of Jesus;
“As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man”- Matthew ch24 v37
So any critique needs to be based on a better understanding of what that verse means.

We need to go back to the previous verse, which many translations correctly mark as the start of a new paragraph.
Jesus has been talking about the arrival of the Son of Man, when he reveals himself to the world in power and glory, and gathers his elect “from the four winds”.
Then v36 adds the warning that only the Father himself knows when this will happen. With that exception, nobody can say “the day and hour”.
In recent times, this wording has prompted a sly quibble, exploiting the fact that Jesus does not name all the time units that people can imagine. So the claim is made that we may still hope to gain information about the ones he doesn’t mention, like the year, and perhaps the week, the minute, and the microsecond.
If we set aside this ingenious literalism, it’s clear enough that the key words in the text are “no one knows”. We can’t expect to have advance warning of the timing of the event, because the Father intends to keep that knowledge to himself.

Then the rest of the chapter is illustrating the point that the event will be unexpected.
The real explanation of the reference to Noah is provided by the following verse, which begins with “For…”
The days of Noah, before the Flood, were a time when people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage. In short, they were busy enjoying all the normal pleasures of life, without worrying about the future.
This was the case until Noah entered the ark.
Putting it another way, they knew nothing about what was going to happen until they were swept away by the floods themselves.
So that is the true point of comparison with the “days of Noah”; the fact that the event which shattered that lifestyle was completely unexpected.
Indeed, the coming of the Son of Man might be even quicker. Paul suggests that everything will change “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye” (1 Corinthians ch15 v52)

There will then be an act of division between two groups. Men or women may be engaged in the same occupation, yet “one is taken and one is left” (vv40-41).
This act of selection should be referred to the ”gathering of the elect”, which was mentioned a few verses previously (v31).
It is another way of describing the final judgement, which appears in the next chapter as the separation of “the sheep and the goats”.
In other words, this is another verse which is not about any preliminary “Rapture”.

Then Jesus returns to the point that the event will be unexpected.
It may be compared with the visit of “a thief in the night”, which is unexpected by design. The thief knows that his attempt will be frustrated if he gives warning of the time of his arrival, and we’ve already been told that the Father won’t be giving any such warning.
That is why it behoves us to be permanently ready for the arrival of the Son of Man, because that’s the only way we can be sure of meeting him in a state of preparation.
“For the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect”.
The chapter ends with a particular warning of the same kind for those who are made “servants over the household”.

So where do the giants come from?
They are the product of the careless habit of taking Biblical sentences in isolation. Instead of looking at the surrounding words of Jesus, in order to understand what Jesus meant by the phrase, people have been delving into the Genesis Flood story, looking for clues.
I have seen it applied to the number of days separating the different stages of the Flood, in an attempt to calculate the intervals between events in the end-times.
I’ve seen it applied to the more general conditions of ch6, the earth being filled with great wickedness, violence, and corruption.
I have seen it applied to the death of Methuselah.
The claim that the “giants” from the beginning of that same Genesis chapter would be returning to the earth is a more startling leap of the imagination, without any obvious relevance to the message of Matthew ch24.

In fact the real meaning of the verse can be found from the overall context.
It is the simple message that “Everybody will be taken by surprise”.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thank you

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
You're very welcome

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
The humor in all of this is that those spending their efforts days on end worrying and trying to figure out this time and date they will never know, but they keep searching and scratching their heads none the less. They will probably be dust to dust long before the prophesy is fulfilled and will never know or experience God. What they should be concentrating on is the mater of their own individual date with God.
And why? don't they realize that multitudes of people have either died since Jesus first coming or are going to die before the revelations are fulfilled.
My interest in all of this is what, or who are the giants. I know what the bible describes as the giants of old but are we talking about the same giants here. Are they the giants of old described in the bible as being of great physical form and stature or are the giants you referr to of a different nature. Giants of intellect and or leadership qualities or giants in some other form or fashion? Giants of deceit? Giants of immorality like the Clintons or what's his face that supposedly hung himself in prison with a bedsheat?
Maybe they are like Shiff-forbrains, giants that possesses superior qualities of bloviation and manipulation.

Somebody tell me of a good spellcheck I can download to get rid of this windows garbage.

Anyway, an Individual is more likely to see their maker long before the Tribulation or Rapture and need to prepare for that certainty rather than to predict God's timeline to his conclusion of this era. I think this is the closest they will come to pinpointing an exact date and time.

Mathew 24:14. “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

I expect my mortal life to end long before the Rapture, and I am ready any time.

edit on 24-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
There is some debate among Hebrew scholars about the exact meaning of the word in the Genesis verse. Apparently it could just be "violent men". Since the Genesis verse is what people are expecting, that confuses the issue more.

The Rapture is the next topic in the series.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

We can’t expect to have advance warning of the timing of the event

But , is it not written there will be signs ?
Also "watch and wait" for those signs , as the time will be close ?
When you see the "abomination of desolation" , and in Judea , flee unto the mountains ?
(Those are not the direct quotes. They are from memory)
Maybe not the exact timing , but to know it is close at hand.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My two cents worth can we really know what it was like in Noah's time? We know that it had never rained before so does that mean the rains will stop? We know that the wickedness of man was great was it greater than today? Is there really a way to know that? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't know. I always thought days of Noah was reference to how badly men were behaving that God felt he needed to wipe them all out and start it over.

That reads forward to the signs of the times where

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, FALSE accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.
2 Timothy 3

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Genetic manipulation,the fallen angels,the Nephilim...
The giants are coming back,I was told so in a dream.

Noah was perfect in his generations because his DNA
hadn't been polluted by the fallen angels.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I look forward to it. I wish my sister was here. She is the bible scholar in the family where I take a more broad approach to the word. I know just enough to believe and do my best to practice where she keeps her nose in The book.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Problem with that is that it is now as it was then, and forever between. In these respects, humanity hasn't changed.
Where humanity is concerned, what was is and what is will be.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: ketsuko

Problem with that is that it is now as it was then, and forever between. In these respects, humanity hasn't changed.
Where humanity is concerned, what was is and what is will be.

Yes, and God promised us He'd never flood us out again. He didn't say anything about any of other ways to wipe out humanity that exist.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Gen 6:4-5, 11-12 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. . . . The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Now before you is the word of God. Jesus said, as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be when he returns. In those days were giants and there will be giants in the last days. Those giants will be offspring of the Devils who make themselves known as aliens from another planet coming to help us save our planet from ourselves and from the other alien who is coming with a great army from heaven.

As I said before you make yourself to be a false teacher when these come to pass and you are wrong.

You either believe the word of God or you do not. Those are the only two choices a man has.

What you are saying is Jesus Christ is a liar and you know better than he.

edit on 1/24/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think its the wickedness and being full of the desire for evil.

My mother believes that as the bible says in those times angels were amongst men.. and by that meaning the fallen ones, nephilim half breeds/giants/men of renown, and etc. They taught men the uses of things and science and knowledge that man wasnt meant to have given to them but meant to understand on their own. SO man had congress with these fallen angels who also saw themselves as gods. Man saw themselves as gods due to their knowledge... and didnt need God anymore.. so they turned to wickedness. I dont mean just icky stuff but not worshipping God and attributing all things to Him. Noah was perfect in his generations.. no congress with fallen angels in his ancestry and still the pure genetics of the creation of God. So god allowed him to live.

It also says they were still around after the flood.. the nephilim and nephilim ancestors. So who knows.. maybe it means the inherent wickedness of the non godly creations descendants with that corrupt DNA. Maybe in the end that knowledge and wickedness is what it means. WHen God withdraws and the wickedness is truly no longer held back by his presence.

Anyway, its an idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Read the Bible.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Read the Bible.

I did.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Read it again and again. No one gets it in one reading or in two. I have been at it for 25 years over 500 times I have read it through and it is still teaching me. All you need is a King James Bible and Webster's unabridged dictionary of the English Language. Oh and one other thing, you will need the Holy Ghost without him you cannot know or understand the scriptures. 1Cor2:13; 2Tim 2:15 to get the Holy Ghost you must be placed in Christ by him by believing on him whom God has sent Jesus Christ. Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Read it again and again. No one gets it in one reading or in two. I have been at it for 25 years over 500 times I have read it through and it is still teaching me. All you need is a King James Bible and Webster's unabridged dictionary of the English Language. Oh and one other thing, you will need the Holy Ghost without him you cannot know or understand the scriptures. 1Cor2:13; 2Tim 2:15 to get the Holy Ghost you must be placed in Christ by him by believing on him whom God has sent Jesus Christ. Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5

Enjoy.

You assume a lot. Do you think Im a kid and just found a bible last year?

This is why Im not a fan of online "christians"... they are haughty and assumptive. They are much less so face to face. In that 500 times did you at least run across one verse about praising one's self and announcing with trumpet.. or maybe if you have true testimony you shouldnt proclaim yourself an authority ... rhetorical question. AND a websters dictionary? Try a Strongs concordance.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Gen 6:4-5, 11-12 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. . . . The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Now before you is the word of God. Jesus said, as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be when he returns. In those days were giants and there will be giants in the last days. Those giants will be offspring of the Devils who make themselves known as aliens from another planet coming to help us save our planet from ourselves and from the other alien who is coming with a great army from heaven.

As I said before you make yourself to be a false teacher when these come to pass and you are wrong.

You either believe the word of God or you do not. Those are the only two choices a man has.

What you are saying is Jesus Christ is a liar and you know better than he.

In the days of Noha perople lived to be hundred of years old will we all begin living that long too? If so why not did Jesus lie to us?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Jesus was talking about a condition that was about the world, 1) Sons of god cohabitation with men producing giants, 2) Everyday life going on and on as normal with no regard to God, 3) Violence was over the whole earth. This one we see everyday every where.

And Noah lived to be 600, and no, when the day that the son of man returns there will be a short period of time (if it was any longer not even the Jews would survive) of great trouble like the earth has not seen before and or after. That time period is the 7 year Tribulation, then there is the Millennial kingdom. Now under the kingdom a child will be as a hundred and a hundred year old as a thousand. But most likely if you are not a saved man you will not make it through the 7 year tribulation seeing about 90% of the world's population will be destroyed.

No Jesus does not lie for he is God. and the word of God says, Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

edit on 1/24/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join