It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that won't happen;- The return of the giants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Okay...How are we to understand your interpretation of
as in the days of Noah to mean? Explain to us how it was
really like back then,what other evidence is there?
When I read Matthew chapter 24 I read it the same,over
and over again.Yeshua/Jesus refers to Noah's time frame.
When we read in Genesis chapter 6,it clearly states there
were giants in Noah's time.I have no other reference to go
by other than the chapter's I have read.I was not a physical
witness in Genesis and can't give eyewitness testimony.The
giants were living in Noah's time and I'm leaving it at that.
Shabbat Shalom

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Here is the irony of it all. False prophets, priests or anyone else can take those same words and manipulate and distort God's word to their on evil intent.
The only source of the true unvarnished and unmanipulated word is from the Holy Ghost itself.

As is with my brother and sister, who are both well versed in the bible, They are both in jeopardy of loosing their immortal soul.
Both have reached the personal opinions that they know just as much as God now, if not more so they perceive themselves to be the most favored among man. They are the Priests of the Temple of our times.

Faith and truly knowing God IS NOT that complicated.

Only the priests of the temple would try to make anyone think it is and that you have no chance of being received by him if you do not listen and do what I say.

I see my Lord in a conceptually investigative perspective. I am a mechanic searching for the actual cause, truth. I'm not a bible scholar. I'm just a man that knows God.
edit on 25-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Back up here, No one actually knows God. But I am a witness to his miracles I see around me continually. There is no other explanation for the occurrences I have witnessed. That is how I know God.

Notice there is no chapter and verse quotations in my writings?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Okay...How are we to understand your interpretation of
as in the days of Noah to mean? Explain to us how it was
really like back then,what other evidence is there?

As I have been saying over and over again, the evidence of what it was like is in the words of Jesus from v38 onwards.

I answered your question in the OP, but I can repeat the core of the answer;
"The real explanation of the reference to Noah is provided by the following verse, which begins with “For…”
The days of Noah, before the Flood, were a time when people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage. In short, they were busy enjoying all the normal pleasures of life, without worrying about the future.
This was the case until Noah entered the ark.
Putting it another way, they knew nothing about what was going to happen until they were swept away by the floods themselves.
So that is the true point of comparison with the “days of Noah”; the fact that the event which shattered that lifestyle was completely unexpected"

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have just finished listening to a Bible study on Matthew 24.
It is a good study and one that I agree with.Bottomline is to
pray for guidance in reading God's word,pray for each other
and give support to each other.

deleted video
edit on 25-1-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
I hope you are giving the chapter a direct reading, as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

This entire thread is about things that won't happen,the return of the giants.
You keep mentioning Matthew 24 and Noah and ignore the fact that giants
were mentioned living in the days of Noah.You focus your thread on the people
only and choose to omit the giants.You can go on and on ignoring what you
want but that doesn't make it so.
You better pray that the giants don't return,they are cannibals!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am deliberately focussing on what Jesus said he meant by the phrase "in the days of Noah".
I keep inviting people to read what he said, but they seem to be reluctant for some reason.
I leave out the giants because Jesus doesn't mention them.
You could prove me wrong by showing me where he says "there will be giants", but in order to do that you will have to follow my persistent advice and READ what he says.
v38 onwards.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I did in Genesis chapter 6! YOU have to prove there won't
be giants! I do read my Bible and pray before and after
reading.

I just skimmed through your past threads and have decided
not to waste time reading anything you post!

The first 4 titles were enough to convince me that you don't know what you're talking about!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The suggestion was that you should read Matthew ch24, straight through from v36 onwards. Why are you evading that proposal? Don't you want to know what Jesus thinks he meant, in his own words?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I just skimmed through your past threads and have decided
not to waste time reading anything you post!

All five hundred of them? Talk about "rush to judgement"! In the fairly near future I will be presenting a massive Index thread covering all my Biblical threads, including the Index threads belonging to the different series, so that anyone who is still interested in whatever help I can offer may find them more accessible.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Other figures were called Son of Man too like Ezekiel, all the while Daniel's a few hundred years ahead of his time. Wouldn't that passage of Daniel being refer to the birth, death, an rebirth of Jesus instead, all the while Revelations having a similar passage, about a jewish super sayian an timelines...then rainbows...then

"Sons of god mating with the daughters of man", all the while Jesus should be the only one.

Hell, I'm a son of a man...could say something else but she a godman saint.
edit on 26-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88
The particular link between Daniel's use of the term and Jesus' use is "coming in judgement".
In Daniel ch7, the Son of man benefits from the judgement on the fourth beast, the parallel to Revelation's "beast from the sea". So we could take this as referring to the defeat of pagan Rome or of a future Beast or both.
In the gospel, the Son of man will come to gather up God's people and judge everybody else. The sons of Zebedee take it for granted that this means Jesus coming back, and Jesus takes it for granted that they are right (Mark ch10). He rejects only the request they make about their own places.

edit on 26-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It is strange that people would promote a bible to read and believe, yet they themselves don't believe it is God words. every English version has different readings on in over 80k places. Yet we are told to believe it. We ask is there a bible that is the whole, complete, perfect and with out error? And we are told a resounding NO. these same people tells us that the message is preserved in all versions but how can we know? They tell us we must go to the Originals. Yet these same people have never once in almost 1900 years ever seen an original. If we don't have originals then were can not verify which English is correct. We are left at the will and manipulation of scholars. We can not trust that the Bible we hold in our hands is the word of God that will as it says will give wisdom to the simple. How can it if we need to go to dead languages we do not speak, know or understand? Like politicians, bible scholars will manipulate people for money and power over the common people.

The goal of the Authorized Version was to give the word of God to the common man. And since it's inception it has been attacked, the RC plot to destroy the English Leadership and the Bible Translation work that was on going ended with the arrest of Guy Fawkes. God protected the leadership which was a bi-product of protecting His inspired word in English for our Generation. If Guy Fawkes was successful there would never have been an Authorized Version of the Bible.

Do not trust anyone to teach you. Get saved get an AV and read it everyday for the rest of your life and the Holy Ghost will teach you for he dwells in the believer to preserve him, teach hem and deliver him before God.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
I have been suggesting the reading of Matthew ch24, from v36 straight through to the end.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well there are giants here today, we call them Sports and Movie Stars. We strive to be like them by emulating their lifestyles. Granted, there were sports heroes of ancient times but the magnitude of their influence today is 100 fold because there are thousands all over the world.

Genesis 6:4

"The Giants (Nephilim) were on the earth in those days and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

Other translations use the terms heroes, famous men and famous warriors.

I image the majority of the masses tried to mimick the lifestyles of these famous and super strong men. People had no desire to be close to God so they turned to the physical things that were pleasing to the eyes. The same is true today.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace
The real issue is whether predicted-by-Jesus giants will be coming. My argument is that they won't be, because he wasn't.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So why is Revelations leading it back to Rome( an with it details, the turn of the millennium again), where as Daniel's vision, envisioned it a few centuries A.D, all the while without depicting the rise of the Caesars.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88
Very briefly, because we're in danger of getting off topic;
Many people see Rome in the fourth Daniel beast, because that was the empire following Alexander (the third beast). I see it as pointing to a future state which is only modelled on the earlier beasts.
Again, Rome has to be the first interpretation in Revelation, which was written during the Roman persecutions. But again I would see it as ultimately pointing towards a future state which is only modelled on Rome.

If you want to take up that question further, I have separate threads on both Daniel and Revelation, a whole series on each book. I try to discourage off-topic, because off-topic leads into trolling.

edit on 28-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join