It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Lancaster Uni in U.K. released an article.

They feel only ~5% of cases in Wuhan alone are identified. That’s a giant issue right there.

No numbers are accurate if this is true.

Also WeChat and Twitter have lots of things about hospitals being full. There are about 250 in Wuhan, someone posted in another thread figure each hospital has about 100 beds which he was probably undercounting but ok. If we assume 75% of beds have infected ppl in them that’s 18k infections plus we don’t know how many are in pop up camps or other locations.

5 million didn’t run, this Spring Festival aka Chinese New Year. Many people travel home to visit parents during this time. Very common for cities to lose 40-50% of population during these 2 weeks we are in. Though I read things on WeChat that about 70k avoided the quarantine with estimates of 20k fleeing to Shanghai.
edit on 26-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Answer question

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Apparently the New Year is a big holiday where people travel, often to their home towns. I've seen some reports that a large exodus from the city is common this time of year. Think of it like the way we travel during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

It also on one hand explains the travel restrictions. If you have something like this, you sure don't want your people traveling willy nilly with it and making a bad problem that much worse.

But there is no way to know.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
doing some googling based on current infections..

1,423 Hubei province
146 Guangdong province
128 Zhejiang province
128 Henan province
110 Chongqing
100 Hunan province
70 Anhui province

The region with the 3rd largest number of infections - Zhejiang privince

The edge of Zhejiang Province is only 50 kms from Shanghai

Zhejiang Province has had some significant increases in numbers in the last few days - among the highest
24 new cases - 27th
42 new cases - 26th
19 new cases - 25th

Apart from Wuhan - this province is one of the most contagious (in terms of new infections every day) and its 50kms from SHANGHAI.. thats a 2hr train.. Shanghai numbers could sharply rise

edit on 26/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: texasgirl

If the Virus spreads as fast as this thread moves we're all in trouble.😳😜

SARS infected ~8100 & killed around 775 over 9 month period.
Corona over 2800 infected & 80 dead (that we know of) in less than 2 weeks!!

* Alot of these new cases are people who traveled from Wuhan.
* 5 million left Wuhan before travel restrictions imposed.
* What about all those 11mil who live there???

When the mayor of Wuhan said 5 million left, was he talking about temporary people like visitors or regular residents who ran? Ih the latter, no wonder the place looks like a ghost town in that earlier video. That's half the populace noping on out.

Hmm, that I'm not sure about. But, yea I think it's well beyond containment. So many people in Wuhan must have the virus.
More countries are reporting additional cases.

ETA: Looks like SpartanStoic answered the 5 mil question. Thanks.

edit on 26-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And that's also one of the things that bothers me so much. This is the equivalent of quarantining Chicago, Detroit, St. Lois, and a good chunk of the midwest the week of Christmas. It had to take serious concern to do that. The publicized numbers so far don't match that concern.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Twitter

Any Canadians here can confirm that Tweet?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Im about 700-800km from Toronto on tv here they are not focusing that much news on it ... they talk about it but 5 drowned french is taking most of the local news here.

Markham resident Jackie Cheng said people in the community are petrified.

"In recent days, this is like an explosion in social media, I watched Facebook, mainly WeChat, there has [been a flood] of news surrounding this topic," Cheng told CBC News.

"Many people are very terrified."

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 26-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Good research.

Small correction there are numerous fast trains in/out of Shanghai that travel time is likely 15 mins depending on type of fast train and number of stations. That’s just from memory as I only traveled up through there once on a fast train.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
a reply to: ARM1968

Apparently the New Year is a big holiday where people travel, often to their home towns. I've seen some reports that a large exodus from the city is common this time of year. Think of it like the way we travel during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

This is very true - Chinese are VERY dispersed from their hometowns nowadays, and 2-weeks off for the New Year holiday, with travel home is VERY common. Perfect storm of timing where a lot of incubators likely went all over the place.

Source: nearly every Chinese person (living in China), who I know, which is 4 people. Sounds like its pretty universal throughout the country.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
another potential 30 million to be isolate

The Chongqing Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Leading Group has announced that starting from 12:00pm on Mon, Chongqing will suspend inter-provincial road passenger shuttle bus and inter-provincial passenger charter bus operations: press conference #WuhanCoronavirus

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

You have to feel for the poor Chinese kids out studying.

They come out here and are under suspicion because of what's going on there, and they are worried sick for their families because of it at the same time. And they dare not go home either because right now, they might be safer where they are at.

I'll bet some of them have no communication with home at all right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Bejin getting some crowd control to !!!

#Shanghai's operations to shut down company shuttlebuses

Reports in... All #beijing company buses have stopped taking workers to work.

China doesnt shut down the economy for nothing...

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here's my Elixir for WuFlu. Bought a case at Walmart.

I'm good to go.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ht tps://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Online tracking of the Coronavirus by the The Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins.

Remove the space in https after copy pasting.

After testing, you'll also need to press the quote button to see the entire address.
edit on 26-1-2020 by Jason79 because: ats breaks link

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
First contry to close his border with China (** Look like North Korea did it 6 days ago)

BREAKING: Mongolia closes border with China, shuts down schools, and bans public gatherings in an effort to prevent coronavirus - state media

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
China just ordered an extension of Spring Festival by 2 days until Wednesday.

Tencent the company that started WeChat and gigantic mobile payment provider just gave all its staff another paid week of holiday leave. That’s really nice of them, they are based down South and generally are progressive as far as Chinese companies go.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
First contry to close his border with China (** Look like North Korea did it 6 days ago)

BREAKING: Mongolia closes border with China, shuts down schools, and bans public gatherings in an effort to prevent coronavirus - state media

twitter.com...

How dare them shut down the border. (eye roll)
edit on 26-1-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So I have been thinking. Some strange info, I may get a little conspiracy in this info, but it’s just odd. We get a new novel virus, in the beginning of January with a 14 day incubation period roughly. Biggest holiday for China, in on the 25th, much travel large gatherings etc.... coincidence? What else was going on in the world before, this news broke? Something sounds weird. To me the reason, I think this disease is going to be serious is because how it started and WHEN. This looks like it was designed.

But back down to earth, ya it originated in a exotic market, that sold things from alligators, bats and whatever other odd animal to eat to pass on a corona virus. I will be interested to see when they isolate the origin of this virus. Sorry about getting off track.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Just saw that..

How amusing, now the Walls being used in the opposite way!

Australia's still allowing in flights from China.
There's no testing at our airports, all that is happening is officials hand out pamphlets advising people of the risk and the symptoms.

MADNESS

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join