It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Have just had a look at lots of video, people have taken matters into own hands and sealed off their neighborhoods.

Definitely some local govt are sealing those who returned from Wuhan inside their homes and marking the homes with tape.

I havent seen confirmation it’s fully airborne but CCP certainly acting like it. It would explain why ppl say you can get it through your eyes.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Only 1 confirmed death in the last 15 hours, is that good or bad? 😕

How many confirmed deaths in the last 15 hours has the influenza caused? But consider that influenza has already spread around the world.

This "Wuflu" is very, very bad if it gets out and about in any meaningful way.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Tom Fitton from Judicial Watch on Twitter demanding Trump and CDC take more serious action about virus.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Thanks in advance TheAMEDDDoc , i am going with liposomal Vit C ...i have used it before, if i get sick i will start taking it ...not crazy amounts but enough to combat virus .

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

It look`s like they had annual safety drill on that lab just days before this started.....what could go wrong ?

Safety drill ?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

More likely let’s leak out some info bit by bit and then we’ll admit something resembling the truth.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

One would think a good first procedure for these types of labs would be to not place them in well populated area's?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Yeeh who knows

I guess Chinese dont own those satellite phones, or cant use sim cards...so cant phone to foreign news sites telling wth is going on there.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This thing can live for about 5 days on a surface like a standard coronavirus. So how long do those container ships take to go from point A to point B? How long are the goods in that container? I'd be more worried about air freight than overseas.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

ship will take week to get to america but plane do it in a matter of hours

link   
a reply to: TheLead

They’re everywhere, the way they are built prevents contamination to the environment, there would have to be intent or failure of multiple systems that work to prevent that issue. Human mistakes, shortcuts or errors are where the issue occurs. Fail to cover the wrist or a smart watch, removal of PPE in the incorrect order, take shortcuts with the PPE.

One of our BSL3 labs overlooks a city, ours are regulated by the FBI and CDC, extremely strict. These types of labs are pretty common.

I’ve seen investigators pull off gloves during procedures, grab phones and doors with soiled gloves outside the room, eat in procedure hoods, not wash hands, fail to cover the wrist, touch the face out of habit, grab tissue hooks with their mouth during suture procedures, anything and everything. These all occurred in biohazardous areas which is even better.

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Can this virus go from human to animal? I know it can go from animal to human. If it went from human to animal would that mean it could spread quicker?
I also see that the U.S. is flying its people out of China. Seen on the news this morning.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

interac machines..
will be interesting to see the Markets on Monday
local and regional news is not reporting on this outbreak for fear of Panic in my estimation.
As one mentioned the ripple effect can be much worse than the sickness itself.

edit on 26-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was totally expecting more news when I woke up this morning.

Something seems amiss here.

I noticed that there are a lot less social media stories on this subject.

This lack of updated news has me a little concerned.
edit on 26-1-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Third US case of coronavirus confirmed as China warns people can spread the virus before realizing they're ill

Coronavirus has been confirmed in Southern California -- making it the third case in the United States -- as a top Chinese health official delivered some worrisome news about efforts to contain the fast-moving virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notified Orange County health officials Saturday that a potential case of coronavirus tested positive.

The person who tested positive traveled from Wuhan, China -- the epicenter of the outbreak -- and is in isolation and in "good condition" at a local hospital, the Orange County Health Care Agency said in a statement.

State and federal officials are following up with anyone who may have had close contact with the person and is at risk of infection.

News of the latest American case comes as Chinese Health Minister Ma Xiaowei delivered the revelation that people can spread the virus before they have symptoms

If Ma is correct -- and information about this virus is constantly evolving -- people can go two weeks without realizing they're sick, during which time they can spread the virus, which has killed more than 50 people in China.

WAPO:

“Transmissibility is increasing,” Chinese Health Minister Ma Xiaowei told reporters Sunday. “The outbreak has come to a severe and complicated situation.”

He added that there could “still be new developments” as the virus mutates. “We still don’t know the risks of transformation,” he said.

Scientists have already noticed that the virus is adapting to humans much faster than its predecessor, the SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) outbreak, which killed more than 750 people in 2002-2003.

It took SARS three months to mutate into a form that spread easily between humans, but the related Wuhan coronavirus took only one month, George Fu, a top Chinese epidemiologist told reporters.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

We picked up extra supplies when we went shopping today -- water, sanitizer, bleach, wipes, dry goods, gloves, etc.

No looked at us funny, no one questioned us about it, and no one else seemed concerned.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This thing can live for about 5 days on a surface like a standard coronavirus. So how long do those container ships take to go from point A to point B? How long are the goods in that container? I'd be more worried about air freight than overseas.

Ships take few weeks but there was some research on previous SARSlike virus and it could survive up to 28 days.
Someone posted the link earlier.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Verging into flu territory where you spread some for a day or so before you get symptoms. The key is what that actual window is. It won't be the entire incubation period.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

If it mutates rapidly, there is always a chance it gets less lethal.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ships take few weeks but there was some research on previous SARSlike virus and it could survive up to 28 days.
Someone posted the link earlier.

It could, but can this one? Not all coronaviruses are the same. We get infected by several all the time and they give us colds.

So just because one can, doesn't mean this one does.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join