It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ive searched and not found anything..If you are suspected of having the virus how long does it take to get results back from the lab? Also is all testing only being done by the CDC?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: liejunkie01

We picked up extra supplies when we went shopping today -- water, sanitizer, bleach, wipes, dry goods, gloves, etc.

No looked at us funny, no one questioned us about it, and no one else seemed concerned.

We also picked up some supplies yesterday. 20 lb bag of rice, ten pounds of flour, ten pounds of sugar, yeast, and several other items.

I might pick up a few more items today.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I also posted about this earlier..I think they are being very successful in taking down videos and posts that they don't want the world to see. I don't think reporters can go into Wuhan and leave they can only go in but they can't come back out again.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I also posted about this earlier..I think they are being very successful in taking down videos and posts that they don't want the world to see. I don't think reporters can go into Wuhan and leave they can only go in but they can't come back out again.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
UK Government considering Airlifts

Coronavirus: Airlift for Britons trapped in China 'under review' www.bbc.co.uk...

No confirmed cases here in the UK but expecting some to be confirmed shortly, it’s only a matter of time now.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Liquesence

If it mutates rapidly, there is always a chance it gets less lethal.

And also a chance of the opposite.

Too many unknowns, at this point.

“We don’t know how infectious it is, we don’t know how severe it is, and we don’t know how it’s spreading,” said Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

WSJ

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Possible case in Vienna now, a flight attendant who traveled to Wuhan.
They say certainty in 48 hours.
Did it take this long to run the tests for the others as well?

link

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
Ive searched and not found anything..If you are suspected of having the virus how long does it take to get results back from the lab? Also is all testing only being done by the CDC?

Last info I saw, was in an article I posted here.

All testing is done by the CDC currently although they are working to get testing ability to state authorities. The test itself takes a few hours, but getting samples to them can take a day or more.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

When they tested the possible cases here in the UK up in Scotland, it was reported but no results confirmed for about 2 days, so it’s possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Getting more lethal can also be good in a way. If it kills too quickly, people die before they can spread it effectively. That makes it more containable.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Any movement from Fema ?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

Screening tests can come back the same day, sometimes minutes or hours. Unfortunately, they are not 100% accurate. Confirmation or reflex testing can take a few days and by then, the MD/PA/APRN will have already initiated a treatment protocol based on probability of disease and a review of systems. Hopefully they picked the correct treatment which they are very good at, unless they are overworked and use heuristics/bias to take shortcuts.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If it can survive on surfaces for excessive amounts of time will it survive local water systems?
I think it's time world countries offer help to China.
50 million quarantined..
The CDC needs to get off their ass.
edit on 26-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

If it can survive on surfaces for excessive amounts of time will it survive local water systems?
I think it's time world countries offer help to China.
50 million quarantined..
The CDC needs to get off their ass.

I'm sure help has been offered, but China has likely refused. You don't understand -- they cannot admit they don't have it under control. It would be a huge shame to the nation. I'm not sure how far things would have to burn for them to humiliate themselves that far.

They may just deem the losses acceptable and the be giving the bird to the rest of the world so they can appear strong.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
halturnerradioshow.com...#

Corona Virus in China 20 Million Quarantined, 2.8 Million Infected, 112,000 dead

Who is this guy?

He's a scam pushing his own agenda

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

There is no evidence it can survive for extended periods of time on surfaces. Most variants of coronaviruses can manage max of 5 days depending on the surface material.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You are correct. 100%

I think many of us hit the nail on the head;

Xi is politically weak, to quarantine is a massive risk
This is massive damage to a crumbling economy
It’s a very radical action for any country
It is counter to Chinese Spring Festival cultural norm (go see mom and dad)

Finally;

Face is important to CCP, can’t ask for help or admit guilt
Only thing more important - keep power

The lack of new info indicates it’s much worse. In past disasters this is what CCP does before really bad news is released.

Someone said there were rumors on Twitter that CCP was prepping an admission of guilt, I don’t see that happening. But again this is quite unprecedented.

link   
Have we seen any spread outside of China yet? It seems like all non-china cases have been from travellers to the hot zone. The long incubation period is one of the biggest concerns, at what point should we expect to see transmission outside of China to someone who hasn't visited China? The first US case was a week ago now, and there is some evidence this may have been circulating as early as mid December.

China's repression of speech is extremely frustrating, we just don't have enough info.

link   
I think when/if we hit 50-100 confirmed cases in the US, I will start full PREP.

Until then I will do my research on how to prep.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Given info we have now we haven’t seen it spread.

But it is transmittable during the incubation period of 7-14 days.

We won’t know until next week, Feb 3/4 for the US at least.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join