It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
hmmm, nom nom nom

Needs garlic!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

a reply to: ARM1968

I don't believe that it is a bio warfare origin. It seems to come from bats, just like the SARS virus.

There's still another unidentified animal in this virus. Originally scientists thought it was from snakes but other scientists don't believe that. They also don't think it's from just bats. So we still don't know exactly where it came from.

The virus DNA sequence is 96% identical to bat related coronavirus according to the report.

Interesting. There's a vaccine for SARS that was never used. Wonder if they'll start trials on it.

Hopefully the vaccine can be tweaked for ncov2019. I'm not sure how easy it would be, but sounds like a pretty good place to start.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I've seen/heard media reports that a vaccine will be within a year but I hope they make one sooner. I'm starting to get a little worried personally I have a pretty weak immune system and hearing reports of two healthy 30 odd year odds dying isn't good. Not sure whether that from any confirmed source. Hopefully the spread is contained

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SimpleIdea

I've seen those videos on twitter, along with people eating live baby mice and frogs. There's also a video of a monkey head in soup. That's their culture but I just can't wrap my head around it. It seems the chinese will eat anything!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
2 confirmed cases in France.

1 in Bordeaux and the other in Paris.

Lags

Paris? That isn't a great place to start with this virus, crowded there but links straight to London.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

This woman tested positive for the coronavirus? In Michigan? This is another confirmed case? I seemed to have missed that.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
www.xinhuanet.com...

China reports 1,287 confirmed cases of new coronavirus pneumonia, 41 deaths.

BEIJING, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- Chinese health authorities announced Saturday that 1,287 confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), including 237 in critical conditions, had been reported in the country by the end of Friday.
The pneumonia situation had resulted in 41 deaths, including 39 in central China's Hubei Province, one in north China's Hebei Province and one in northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, according to the National Health Commission.
A total of 1,965 suspected cases had also been reported.
Thirty-eight people who recovered had been discharged from hospitals.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

a reply to: slapjacks

This woman tested positive for the coronavirus? In Michigan? This is another confirmed case? I seemed to have missed that.

The CHI in the image would seem to indicate the Chicago location St Luke's. The poster wasn't particularly clear if they meant the photo was claimed to be here in MI or not, so they do need to clarify.

There ARE 3 people in eastern MI (Detroit area) who are pending coronavirus testing right now. They may or may not be added to the list at some point.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Civilian traffic will be banned from the Wuhan city center from midnight (2 hours from now), to help try to stop the spread. People there can get food and medicine delivered for free.
As most of us realise by now this is totally out of control.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Jinping says country is in a 'grave situation' amid fatal coronavirus outbreak

president has said the nation faces a "grave situation" as the coronavirus spreads. 
Xi Jinping told a policy meeting, aimed at looking for measures to fight the outbreak, that the virus was "accelerating its spread". 

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

They do. You have heard of the handful of flies from the used restaurant 55 gallon drum grease drum? They put it outside the store on the sidewalk with the lid off. Fly flies into grease, drowns and after awhile they get 1000's.

Have you ever had a traditional Chinese meal. No not the stuff we get in USA from Happy Jacks take out. I mean the real stuff from 1000's of years ago. They toss that 36" gray large scaly carp on the platter. Its steamed, NOT gutted and complete with eyeballs. Freaking gross. I ate the sea slug [cucumber]. Pics are on Google images. Well two bites. Looks like a deep fried reddish-black sweet potato or you know what. When I stuck my knife into it this puss came out of it. I had two bites and said that I wasn't hungry

When I was last over there in the mid 2000's, they grow melons and vegetables along the highways in the drainage ditches. Very colorful, pumpkin orange, squash yellow, tomato red. That was cool.

Oh, and stay away from being on a boat on the water on the Hong Kong Harbor on a Saturday or Sunday morning. All I can say is that people are impressive. Imagine as I wont go there in this post.

Rice is and was good.
edit on 25-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 25-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
www.bernama.com...

Malaysia records first three coronavirus cases, joining S'pore, France and other nation.

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 25 -- Three Chinese nationals who were declared today as the first coronavirus cases in Malaysia, are also the family members of a 66-year-old man confirmed on Thursday as Singapore's first case

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
www.xinhuanet.com...

China reports 1,287 confirmed cases of new coronavirus pneumonia, 41 deaths.

BEIJING, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- Chinese health authorities announced Saturday that 1,287 confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), including 237 in critical conditions, had been reported in the country by the end of Friday.
The pneumonia situation had resulted in 41 deaths, including 39 in central China's Hubei Province, one in north China's Hebei Province and one in northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, according to the National Health Commission.
A total of 1,965 suspected cases had also been reported.
Thirty-eight people who recovered had been discharged from hospitals.

From your link, nearly 14,000 are under medical observation.

A total of 15,197 close contacts have been traced, the commission said, adding that among them, 13,967 are under medical observation while 1,230 others have been discharged.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Does anyone have any confirmation and valid source of what the current ratio is of the viral spread? I saw 1 in 14 it seems like it's spreading pretty fast now in the epicentre.
edit on 25America/Chicagov49am131 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
In the news, there was a 15 year old girl who got the flu (strain b) over Christmas and died on New Years day. She had trouble breathing and day 1 and day 3 x-rays were clear. Yet, but like by day 6 her left lung was full of pneumonia and she died.

The article said that what really killed her, was her own immune system. They said in the young, the immune system can over-react and in the case of her lungs, that was the case... by basically clogging up her air way. That story hit home as I have a 15 year old daughter at home who was on day 2 having the flu.

While I know that the above is totally off-topic, but I think it's important to realize that it isn't just that the virus attacks us, it is what our body does in response. Only one person in our home has had the flu vaccine in the last 5 years, and it is my wife who got one in October. Yet my other daughter and myself didn't get sick with the flu. Typically, the pattern in the home is one of the daughters gets it, then I get it (since I work from home) and then either my wife or other daughter gets it. But usually 3 out of 4 of us gets sick. But not this time.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yeah, those are under observation but not confirmed to have the virus!

Let's hope this gets under control before spreading any further.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I admire your bravery for trying the sea slug. No thanks, Lol. I am not a world traveler and the only wild animal I've had was fried crocodile. Not bad, but it was from a popular restaurant and fried to a crisp. I've had calamari and don't particularly care for it.

I'm mostly a plant eater. Lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, etc...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This isn't good news for him to publicly say such things

Chinese President Xi Jinping has held a special government meeting on the Lunar New Year public holiday to warn that the spread of a deadly new virus is "accelerating".

The country is facing a "grave situation" Mr Xi told senior officials, according to state television.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
This isn't good news for him to publicly say such things

Chinese President Xi Jinping has held a special government meeting on the Lunar New Year public holiday to warn that the spread of a deadly new virus is "accelerating".

The country is facing a "grave situation" Mr Xi told senior officials, according to state television.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Yes, the government there usually understates any bad news.
Not good is right.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The online map tracker of confirmed cases, deaths, recoveries by country.

link

The statistics behind the data visualization are being collected from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China, and Dingxiangyuan, a social networking site for health care professionals that provides real-time information on cases.

Not perfect but better than nothing if you want to track it.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join