It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have heard all of the reasons why non-Vegans get pissed at Vegans. I understand that some Vegans are extreme and some act like they are better than others. I get that. I am not one of those, unless provoked. So here’s one of the things that, as a Vegan, pisses me off about non-vegans.

On January 20th there was an article about a “beloved turkey who became the unofficial mascot for the town of Reading, Massachusetts”.

A friend of mine who runs a charity for cats and dogs was featured in the film clip of a local news station. She went on and on about how special this turkey was and how it will be missed.

She runs a charity for animals because she loves animals yet she eats animals and completely ignores, or is in denial, about how her food arrives to her plate. I mean please, if you’re going to eat meat at least have enough balls to learn about the harsh reality of some (not all) of these slaughter house practices. If you can’t watch it – don’t #ing eat it! I hate that!

The article goes on and on about ‘Limpy’, the name that residence affectionately called him because of his wobbly gait. This turkey had more than 5,000 fans on a Facebook page dedicated to him and the governor of the town actually recognized Limpy for the “joy and amazement” the bird brought to the town.

This turkey was seen all over town, up and down the main streets and it was noted that he would often times weave in and out of traffic. He would be seen riding on top of mail trucks and chase delivery trucks. He was friendly and almost considered a pet for some of the residence.

On New Years Day, Limpy was struck and killed by a car. Residence who learned of the accident flocked to the scene. They had the bird cremated. Since his death, residence held a fundraiser at a local bar in Limpy’s name, with 20% of the food sales from a local tavern donated to the Reading Food Pantry.

There are on-line donations via a go fund me account, people holding vigils, local students drawing pictures of the bird for art contests and future sales of the local art will go toward a bronze sculpture to memorialize the bird in a public space.

These people are a bunch of damn hypocrites!
I wonder how many of these people ate turkey for Thanksgiving.

How is it that one turkey becomes a local town hero yet other turkeys are considered food?

For the life of me, I do NOT understand how people can be so disconnected.
I mean is there something in the air? In the water? Are these people #ing zombies?
They all talk about how much they love animals.

They don’t love animals, they love pets.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I am a carnivore which means that I eat meat!
I like to eat fish,chicken,turkey and beef!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I for one do eat meat. I also can't handle the smell of the innards. This has memories from Iraq. I have no intention of stopping either. Have a nice day.

Kocag

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SkorpiogurlSounds like you got all worked up for nothing if you haven't noticed hypocrisy is the name of the game,the most important part is being cool about it,in reality WGAF

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

With respect, people aren’t as disconnected from their food as might be portrayed. We’ve been eating animals since ... always. We’re so connected to using animals as a food source, that we see them as that, a food source.

Some very compassionate or empathetic people might be persuaded to abstain from animal products, but most humans are generationally inclined to eat them and not give it a second thought, via slaughterhouse or self raised animals.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

They had the bird cremated.

I'll bet they did!!

...on a BBQ at 375 degrees!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It’s like you Americans and celebrity or politicians, the kardashians or somebody like that, big fans and then eaten by the media when they make a mistake and the news is boring

Don’t like turkey, to stringy, a chook any time

I think it’s pretty hypocritical how everyone loves a baby till it’s unwanted

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

They had the bird cremated.

I'll bet they did!!

...on a BBQ at 375 degrees!

Sounds like Fried Turkey on the menu....

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
I have heard all of the reasons why non-Vegans get pissed at Vegans. I understand that some Vegans are extreme and some act like they are better than others. I get that. I am not one of those, unless provoked. So here’s one of the things that, as a Vegan, pisses me off about non-vegans.

On January 20th there was an article about a “beloved turkey who became the unofficial mascot for the town of Reading, Massachusetts”.

A friend of mine who runs a charity for cats and dogs was featured in the film clip of a local news station. She went on and on about how special this turkey was and how it will be missed.

She runs a charity for animals because she loves animals yet she eats animals and completely ignores, or is in denial, about how her food arrives to her plate. I mean please, if you’re going to eat meat at least have enough balls to learn about the harsh reality of some (not all) of these slaughter house practices. If you can’t watch it – don’t #ing eat it! I hate that!

The article goes on and on about ‘Limpy’, the name that residence affectionately called him because of his wobbly gait. This turkey had more than 5,000 fans on a Facebook page dedicated to him and the governor of the town actually recognized Limpy for the “joy and amazement” the bird brought to the town.

This turkey was seen all over town, up and down the main streets and it was noted that he would often times weave in and out of traffic. He would be seen riding on top of mail trucks and chase delivery trucks. He was friendly and almost considered a pet for some of the residence.

On New Years Day, Limpy was struck and killed by a car. Residence who learned of the accident flocked to the scene. They had the bird cremated. Since his death, residence held a fundraiser at a local bar in Limpy’s name, with 20% of the food sales from a local tavern donated to the Reading Food Pantry.

There are on-line donations via a go fund me account, people holding vigils, local students drawing pictures of the bird for art contests and future sales of the local art will go toward a bronze sculpture to memorialize the bird in a public space.

These people are a bunch of damn hypocrites!
I wonder how many of these people ate turkey for Thanksgiving.

How is it that one turkey becomes a local town hero yet other turkeys are considered food?

For the life of me, I do NOT understand how people can be so disconnected.
I mean is there something in the air? In the water? Are these people #ing zombies?
They all talk about how much they love animals.

They don’t love animals, they love pets.

I have compassion for animals... but I still find certain ones tasty.

The reality is that many animals would eat you too... Animals aren't wrestling with the morality of whether Skorpiogirl is tasty or not. I'm sure if you happen to cross a hungry grizzly out on a trail, that bear isn't going to be thinking to himself "You know, she is kind of cute...". Well, he might say that, but he still will take a bite out of you.

I have no problem if you or anyone else decides to forgo eating animals, but leave the self-righteousness at home.

Yes, factory farming isn't pretty. However, unless you expect everyone to live out on a farm and hunt, it isn't realistic to get rid of it nor can everyone afford to pay $30/lb for beef that is raised by organic elves under rainbows at Whole Foods.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Turkey Worship...

people these days would rather starve to death if for some reason all supermarkets were closed down, instead of eating "pets".

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That's media hype.

No one actually gave a f*** about the turkey.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Turning dietary choices into virtue signaling is what turns a lot of people off.

We all have to eat, and we all prefer different things. And, as our population grows...we'll see negative impacts.

Take avocado's for example. The growing demand is encouraging South American countries to deplete their water resources for a quick buck, exploit low wages, create an environment for organized crime to prosper, and in the wake of it all... The lack of water has dried up two large rivers in Chile.

Now... I know vegans aren't consciously eating their avacado toast with the knowledge trade agreements were set up to exploit less developed countries (with the extent of privatizing their water in some).

The cold hard truth is we're not as civilized as we think. This world still has a natural order... And we're still animals they prey on others, sometimes even our own.

At the end of the day, my diet is for survival even though I find pleasure in it. There's no way I can turn it into anything righteous unless I grow my own, which I don't have time for. Such is life.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Great, now I want a Turkey, Bacon and Swiss sandwich, easy on the mayo.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
That's media hype.

No one actually gave a f*** about the turkey.

Bet you the driver who hit him felt like total schmuck though. Talk about feeling resentment from others much ?

Poor driver probably had to move out of town. 😕
edit on 22-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You are not calling me self-righteous, are you?

Wild animals work on instinct. They have no choice - humans do.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Are slim jims meat? I wonder sometimes...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

All sounds like nonsense to me. Blown out of proportion by the media. Harmless distraction.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Not surprised, they anthropomorphized the animal which typically doesn't happen to ones that become food.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Now... I know vegans aren't consciously eating their avacado toast with the knowledge trade agreements were set up to exploit less developed countries (with the extent of privatizing their water in some).

I do.

The suffering makes them so much more creamy and delicious.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I do.

The suffering makes them so much more creamy and delicious.

Avacados are rich in essential amino acids, vitamin, and saturated suffering.
edit on 22-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: I said protein like an idiot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join