It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

Hi Blissy.
Nice to see someone responding with kindness and respect. ( Oh: Sheye also ! LoL ! )

Oddly have never heard of paneer, nor paneer steak.
Looked-up some recipes, and we will give it a try soon.
Thanks !

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
I wish I could understand the psychology behind that!

It's the same reason the 'trolley dilemma' produces the results that it does.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Nice to see someone responding with kindness and respect. ( Oh: Sheye also ! LoL ! )

So me responding with kindness and respect is amusing to you ?

That’s not very kind and respectful.. but it’s all good.. I am so used to it. 😂

I wonder if animals get numb and sort of immune to abuse. Just get so used to it that they don’t even cry anymore.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hi CS.
Had a friend that worked at the old Heinz ketchup factory in Leamington Ontario.
He was on the production line, as part of the pickers that remouved debris from a quick-moving conveyor belt of tomatoes.
Rocks, sticks, leaves, toads, garter-snakes, etc...

He said the priority was the rocks, to protect the machinery, and they often saw sticks, spiders, bugs, leaves, toads, garter-snakes, etc... make it by them, and straight into the crusher, and into the final product.

Can imagine similar things happening with any factory-produced products.
So kinda vegan, but not quite...

What are the tolerances for animal parts in supposedly non-animal products ?

The handbook allows for up to 13 “fragments” of rodent excreta in a 24-ounce container. The government permits three maggots in your 28-ounce can of tomatoes. In a regular-sized 16-ounce jar of peanut butter, the FDA will allow up to 136 insect fragments and four rodent hairs.

Am not any kind of anti-vegan at all, just considering things, ya know ?
Am not easy with consuming as much meat as is served to me, but am still paying for it. Changing, maybe...

Do vegans use anti-bacterial gels or wipes ?
Is bacteria not alive ? Not cute enough ?
Do vegans cause insects to be killed ?
Take birth-control, or use spermicide ?
Use fly-dope ? ( Do people still call it that ? LoL ! )

Do vegans go to zoos ?
Ride horses ?
Does the horse really want to be ridden, or has it been subjugated ?

Is having any kind of pet a form of exploitation ?

Can you name any thing that we consume, that does not come from a living thing ?
( Can only think of two myself. Anyone wanna guess ? )

Am not judging anyone. Just wanna see folks thinking, and questioning.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

yes, it's true, but i prefer to focus on the noble qualities after having indulged in recklessness for too long. energy flows where attention goes.

edit on 1/22/2020 by BlissSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Gobble gobble gobble. Gobble gobble. Gobble gobble, gobble gobble gobble, gobble gobble.

Gobble gobble gobble. Gobble gobble. Gobble gobble, gobble gobble gobble, gobble gobble. Gobble gobble gobble. Gobble gobble. Gobble gobble, gobble gobble gobble, gobble gobble.

Gobble gobble.

I have been here several years now and this is by far the best, most truthful post I have ever posted. And it only got 2 stars.

edit on 22-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye.
Was being sincere.
Sorry if it looked sarcastic, or there's something about my posts that you perceive as not nice, or insincere.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Hi Sheye.
Was being sincere.
Sorry if it looked sarcastic, or there's something about my posts that you perceive as not nice, or insincere.

Sorry.. I didn’t think you were being insincere.. its just your lol after seemed to imply that it was out of character for me to be kind and respectful.😂 I honestly don’t blame you if you think that because I have come across harsh and rude in some posts ... but honestly.. I’m not a one note ensemble 😉... and I do want members to remember that.

So.. back to the topic of this thread.

I was shocked to read what is allowed to go into ketchup.. as well as canned tomatoes.. peanut butter.. ugh.. what else don’t we know about ? 😒

Not sure I can look at any food coming out of factories in the same way again.😮

Did I mention I find this planet is depressing at times ?

edit on 22-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thanks Sheye. Read more than comment, so my mention was not done blindly.
We're good !

Know what you mean, about how our societies have so many ridiculous atrocities, that good folks just end-up accepting, for whatever reason.
Well: perhaps 'atrocities' is over-exaggerated, but some things bothered me too much also.
Suffered for decades, and for what ?
Had to find some way out of that, to somehow 'detach' from the ridiculous, soul-crushing stuff.

Gave-up everything, for nothing.
But it might just be a mind-trick on myself, and am as hypocritical as the next one ?

Really have spent many, many hours contemplating what is the nature of veganism, and the questions asked seem simple, but one can make of them what they will... or not... LoL !

Don't know what to eat anymore... Maybe have a probiotic drink ? Sounds positive !
( Heech-heech-heech ! )

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

They had the bird cremated.

I'll bet they did!!

...on a BBQ at 375 degrees!

I was going to ask - charcoal or gas?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Even more,

Skorpiogirl could raise a cute grizzly from a cub, love and cherish that animal, and it could regard her as its mom ... right up until it gets hungry and eats her.

Bet she's not calling the bear a hypocrite for being what it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

All sounds like nonsense to me. Blown out of proportion by the media. Harmless distraction.

Distraction for what?

Traditionally media channels have used funny animal stories at the end of broadcasts to distract the watcher or reader from the torrent of depression they have just been fed. The depressive stories are a drug and the animal high on the end keeps the consumer coming back. Media 101.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Nyiah

But since she took the time to delude herself into thinking anybody actually cares

I don’t think she’s under delusion.. and quite frankly I care what she has to say about what she sees as hypocrites.
She brings a lot of truth to the table about horrible abuse of animals in the industries that provide them for us.

It’s unfortunate she is being stomped on like a baby chick for simply caring about animal cruelty to be stopped.

ETA: Other peoples kids can be so awesome and inspiring.

thank you Sheye

people can be heartless

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Don’t let the negativity get to you Skorpiogurl . 😕

You’re a great human being with an awesome heart for animals.

I understand your frustration with those who are trying to diminish your point.

Thanks again. I am ok with the negativity, I hear it all the time and even worse.

Every time there is a post like this there are always all kinds of nasty remarks and crude jokes. I think it comes down to the fact that if a person cares about animals and doesn't agree with abuse, but eats animals, they are feeling guilt which makes them angry so they have to project their anger by being mean or sarcastic.

I know at least one or two people get my point so that's good

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hi Sheye.
Was being sincere.

Sorry.. I didn’t think you were being insincere.. its just your lol after seemed to imply that it was out of character for me to be kind and respectful.😂 I honestly don’t blame you if you think that because I have come across harsh and rude in some posts ... but honestly.. I’m not a one note ensemble 😉... and I do want members to remember that.

So.. back to the topic of this thread.

I was shocked to read what is allowed to go into ketchup.. as well as canned tomatoes.. peanut butter.. ugh.. what else don’t we know about ? 😒

Not sure I can look at any food coming out of factories in the same way again.😮

Did I mention I find this planet is depressing at times ?

Super important to know where our food comes from, how it's grown, where it's processed. Some items in some of the better grocery stores can tell you the history of the source seed. I like that! Maybe a little bit much but it gives me hope that at least a few of our food sources are beginning to care.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

All sounds like nonsense to me. Blown out of proportion by the media. Harmless distraction.

Distraction for what?

Traditionally media channels have used funny animal stories at the end of broadcasts to distract the watcher or reader from the torrent of depression they have just been fed. The depressive stories are a drug and the animal high on the end keeps the consumer coming back. Media 101.

Oh yes I learned about that kind of thing and had forgotten.
I remember watching a video about how food commercials use tricks.
There was an old commercial for a place selling a chicken sandwich and they used a cartoon chicken eating the sandwich to make it look yummy. Meanwhile, they're promoting cannibalism. That kind of thing, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hi CS.
Had a friend that worked at the old Heinz ketchup factory in Leamington Ontario.
He was on the production line, as part of the pickers that remouved debris from a quick-moving conveyor belt of tomatoes.
Rocks, sticks, leaves, toads, garter-snakes, etc...

He said the priority was the rocks, to protect the machinery, and they often saw sticks, spiders, bugs, leaves, toads, garter-snakes, etc... make it by them, and straight into the crusher, and into the final product.

Can imagine similar things happening with any factory-produced products.
So kinda vegan, but not quite...

What are the tolerances for animal parts in supposedly non-animal products ?

The handbook allows for up to 13 “fragments” of rodent excreta in a 24-ounce container. The government permits three maggots in your 28-ounce can of tomatoes. In a regular-sized 16-ounce jar of peanut butter, the FDA will allow up to 136 insect fragments and four rodent hairs.

Am not any kind of anti-vegan at all, just considering things, ya know ?
Am not easy with consuming as much meat as is served to me, but am still paying for it. Changing, maybe...

Do vegans use anti-bacterial gels or wipes ?
Is bacteria not alive ? Not cute enough ?
Do vegans cause insects to be killed ?
Take birth-control, or use spermicide ?
Use fly-dope ? ( Do people still call it that ? LoL ! )

Do vegans go to zoos ?
Ride horses ?
Does the horse really want to be ridden, or has it been subjugated ?

Is having any kind of pet a form of exploitation ?

Can you name any thing that we consume, that does not come from a living thing ?
( Can only think of two myself. Anyone wanna guess ? )

Am not judging anyone. Just wanna see folks thinking, and questioning.

This is a hot topic for vegan groups as well.

I know a lot of vegans who use nothing containing animal products in the ingredients - clothes, make-up, food, furniture, etc. They go to great lengths to find non-animal items and many will just go without if the item doesn't exist. Lucky for them, there are more and more vegan items being made.

For me? I wouldn't wear leather and I certainly wouldn't wear fur! There are a few things I won't do. No make up that is tested on animals, nothing that contains palm oil, I don't go crazy about it but I try my best to avoid items that contain animal products but I don't let it rule my life. If someone gives me a gift that contains animal products I wouldn't not accept it, that would be rude

Some vegans don't go to zoo's - animal captivity is a big no-no. For me? on the fence.

I have seen absolute horror shows about the way animals are treated in captivity. There was just a story on social media with photo's about emaciated lions - horrible. Elephants are chained and beaten. Bears being trained to do tricks and hit and whipped until they learn. Dolphins and other sea life where it is scientifically proven that they are pack (family) creatures, are isolated. BUT if the zoo is actually ethical and caring for the animal and provides that animal a clean habitat with companions, especially if the animal is in a desperate situation like it needs rehab or is almost extinct. I think that is ok. I'd never own a fish tank or put a bird in a cage. I don't kill any living thing ever. No even mosquitoes. I believe that God created every single creature on this planet and every one of them has a purpose.

I can't speak for anyone else.

These are all good questions and they are the same questions and answers that vegans struggle with every day.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

No not like that but I'm sure you know that.

Cannibalism is common in the animal kingdom and common in chickens.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I don't think it's ok to get kids to eat chicken nuggets in that way. Call me crazy lol!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join